Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ozzy album preference

Go down 
+8
A Handful of Wayne
Lurideath
mez
kmorg
Addy
mc666
MEGATRON
stevegarveyfan
12 posters
AuthorMessage
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

Ozzy album preference Empty
PostSubject: Ozzy album preference   Ozzy album preference Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 1:50 am

OK, I admit it. I have never been an Ozzy Osbourne fan, but a friend of mine recommended that I pick up an album, and he says the best two are Blizzard of Oz and Diary of a Madman. Of these two, which would you recommend?
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy album preference   Ozzy album preference Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 2:46 am

Diary of a Madman. If you don't like that album, you probably won't like Blizzard of Ozz, Bark at the Moon, The Ultimate Sin or No Rest for the Wicked. If you don't like Diary, you might like No More Tears. If you like really heavy albums, Down to Earth is one of his heaviest and best albums, IMO.
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy album preference   Ozzy album preference Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 2:49 am

I wouldn't buy Blizzard of Ozz or Diary of a Madman until later on in the year though. The drum and bass recordings in the 2002 "remastered" copies are rerecorded and they sound terrible. Later on in the year the original recordings will be remastered and re-released, so I'd wait until then if you are wanting either of those albums.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy album preference   Ozzy album preference Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 3:17 am

Diary of a Madman is the better of the two, although both are outstanding.

Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy album preference   Ozzy album preference Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 4:13 am

mc666 wrote:

+1

My alltime favorite Ozzy album is Ozmosis but Bark and Diary are both great, No More Tears is good too
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy album preference   Ozzy album preference Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 4:24 am

Hah, I much prefer Blizzard of Oz. Fantastic album, imo. Randy shines on that one!

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy album preference   Ozzy album preference Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 5:17 am

Addy wrote:
mc666 wrote:

+1

My alltime favorite Ozzy album is Ozmosis but Bark and Diary are both great, No More Tears is good too

<------ What Addy said! Completely Agree. Though you could just wait for the new album that comes out in like 3 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy album preference   Ozzy album preference Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 1:08 pm

The best ones are those without Zakk. I prefer Bark at the Moon as my favorite Ozzy album by far.

Like Megatron said, wait a few until those Blizzard and Diary re-releases come with the restored drum and bass tracks. Those albums rule!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy album preference   Ozzy album preference Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 1:10 pm

Of the two Diary is my favorite but you should check out samples of all his stuff.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy album preference   Ozzy album preference Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 1:14 pm

Blah blah blah your all wrooooong. A while ago I decided to listen to all the Ozzy albums and I realised how great Ozzmosis is. When I first heard it I thought it was crap, but listen after listen it grew on me and I think its one of my faves. Of course No More Tears you can't go wrong with either. No Rest For The Wicked is another great one. It really depends which kind of sound your into as well. If your into a more modern sounds definetly start with a newer album but if you don't mind something more classic start with something older like Blizzard Of Ozz or Diary Of A Madman. I still say check out Ozzmosis first.

Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy album preference   Ozzy album preference Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 7:41 pm

Thanks guys for all the advice. I have chosen to order Diary of a Madman. Got it on Amazon for $1.99 plus $2.98 s/h. Hope it's worth it!
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy album preference   Ozzy album preference Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 8:05 pm

My favorite from Ozzy if NO MORE TEARS. I recommend you to give that album a try Ozzy album preference 778825
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy album preference   Ozzy album preference Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 8:36 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Blah blah blah your all wrooooong. A while ago I decided to listen to all the Ozzy albums and I realised how great Ozzmosis is. When I first heard it I thought it was crap, but listen after listen it grew on me and I think its one of my faves. Of course No More Tears you can't go wrong with either. No Rest For The Wicked is another great one. It really depends which kind of sound your into as well. If your into a more modern sounds definetly start with a newer album but if you don't mind something more classic start with something older like Blizzard Of Ozz or Diary Of A Madman. I still say check out Ozzmosis first.

Osmosis would be my # 1 too
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy album preference   Ozzy album preference Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 9:02 pm

stevegarveyfan wrote:
Thanks guys for all the advice. I have chosen to order Diary of a Madman. Got it on Amazon for $1.99 plus $2.98 s/h. Hope it's worth it!
it is. Ozzy album preference Icon_wink

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy album preference   Ozzy album preference Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 2:35 am

I was listening to Bark at the moon last night on my way back home. I dig this album.
Back to top Go down
Cadaveron
Metal novice
Metal novice
Cadaveron

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy album preference   Ozzy album preference Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 1:00 am

Blizzard... and No Rest... are my favorites. No Rest for the Wicked--Zakk Wylde was unleashed on the world with a FURY on this record!! If I were him, I'd always be proud of that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy album preference   Ozzy album preference Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 1:06 am

My favorites are Diary Of A Madman and Bark At The Moon. But I gotta say, I still prefer Ozzy in Sabbath to his solo recordings.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy album preference   Ozzy album preference Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 9:42 am

Blizzard for sure
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy album preference   Ozzy album preference Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 10:11 am

mc666 wrote:
stevegarveyfan wrote:
it is. Ozzy album preference Icon_wink

Id say it was most likely a bargain
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy album preference   Ozzy album preference Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ozzy album preference
Page 1 of 1