Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some News I Got From Heaven's Metal

Go down 
+2
ultmetal
DallasBlack
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Some News I Got From Heaven's Metal Empty
PostSubject: Some News I Got From Heaven's Metal   Some News I Got From Heaven's Metal Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 11:54 pm

For anyone who cares, hopefully the news isn't too old, I got some insight into the going ons of Christian metal (I know that a lot here don't read Heavens Metal anymore):

Kekal plans on releasing a new album next year and promises to tone down the "all over the place" sound of their last album

The new Theocracy album titled Mirror Of Souls has finished recording and they give us a taste of the new music on their mySpace page.

Extol is temporarily not together. They can't tell us when or if the band will ever appear again but some of the members have a new band going called Mantric, they have a myspace account if you want to check them out at myspace.com/mantricofficial (couldn't get the link done properly, sorry).

Stryper is working on their next album. It will be in the style of "My Love I'll Always Show" (rock version) and will include a cover of Boston's 'Peace Of Mind' and Boston guitarist Tom Scholz will guest on it.

Crimson Moonlight's new album will probably see a release in Spring 2008.

So there you have it 4 possible Christian metal releases next year and maybe the end of Extol (I personally hope not).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Some News I Got From Heaven's Metal   Some News I Got From Heaven's Metal Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 3:19 am

I forgot, the next Virgin Black album will come out next year and promises to be the heaviest album from them. They will tone down the orchestration and make it more raw and basic and it will be done more in the vein of early Paradise Lost.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some News I Got From Heaven's Metal   Some News I Got From Heaven's Metal Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 7:29 am

DallasBlack wrote:
For anyone who cares, hopefully the news isn't too old, I got some insight into the going ons of Christian metal (I know that a lot here don't read Heavens Metal anymore):

Kekal plans on releasing a new album next year and promises to tone down the "all over the place" sound of their last album

The new Theocracy album titled Mirror Of Souls has finished recording and they give us a taste of the new music on their mySpace page.

Extol is temporarily not together. They can't tell us when or if the band will ever appear again but some of the members have a new band going called Mantric, they have a myspace account if you want to check them out at myspace.com/mantricofficial (couldn't get the link done properly, sorry).

Stryper is working on their next album. It will be in the style of "My Love I'll Always Show" (rock version) and will include a cover of Boston's 'Peace Of Mind' and Boston guitarist Tom Scholz will guest on it.

Crimson Moonlight's new album will probably see a release in Spring 2008.

So there you have it 4 possible Christian metal releases next year and maybe the end of Extol (I personally hope not).

actually there are a lot more of christian metal releases. i stopped reading this magazine many years ago. expect soon new releases of king's ransom, final assault/vengeance, scarlet rayne(rerelease). there are some more but nothing sure for the moment..
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Some News I Got From Heaven's Metal   Some News I Got From Heaven's Metal Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 8:06 am

I'm looking forward to the new STRYPER CD. I liked the last one, but think this new one will be better. Those songs were written for a Micheal Sweet solo CD. These songs were written to sound a bit more like Stryper while keeping the more modern vibe.

ult

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Some News I Got From Heaven's Metal   Some News I Got From Heaven's Metal Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 10:24 am

syrus wrote:
i stopped reading this magazine many years ago.

I can understand that. I used to read HM magazine but got tired to all the non-metal related news they had. Fortunatly, Doug brought back the name Heaven's Metal in a fanzine (comes out in between HM releases) and it focuses solely on the music we know and love. I would love it to come out more often but at least it's something and the one year subscription is only like $10 (6 issues a year).
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Some News I Got From Heaven's Metal   Some News I Got From Heaven's Metal Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 11:09 am

ultmetal wrote:
I'm looking forward to the new STRYPER CD. I liked the last one, but think this new one will be better. Those songs were written for a Micheal Sweet solo CD. These songs were written to sound a bit more like Stryper while keeping the more modern vibe.

ult
i'm looking forward to it as well. however, i loved Reborn as i did all of Sweet's solo material. the guy is just a fantastic singer. Cool

T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Some News I Got From Heaven's Metal   Some News I Got From Heaven's Metal Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 11:16 am

I'm looking forward to the Sacrificium release in 2008. Only one I see here that I want to check out is Theocracy, I've heard some clips and they sound good. What's Crimson Moonlight?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some News I Got From Heaven's Metal   Some News I Got From Heaven's Metal Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 12:49 pm

T-Roy wrote:
I'm looking forward to the Sacrificium release in 2008. Only one I see here that I want to check out is Theocracy, I've heard some clips and they sound good. What's Crimson Moonlight?

Crimson Moonlight is a Christian black metal band. Pretty good too.

🤘
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Some News I Got From Heaven's Metal   Some News I Got From Heaven's Metal Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 1:59 pm

blackieboy wrote:
T-Roy wrote:

Crimson Moonlight is a Christian black metal band. Pretty good too.

🤘

Yes. I would say they are the best in the field.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Some News I Got From Heaven's Metal   Some News I Got From Heaven's Metal Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 3:08 pm

I signed up for a subscription for Heaven's Metal, and ended up getting HM for a yeah! Ugh! Never even botheed to email them about the mistake....

PostSubject: Re: Some News I Got From Heaven's Metal   Some News I Got From Heaven's Metal Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 8:30 pm

HM sucks, but I subscribe to Heaven's Metal. It's actually quite good ... and getting better with each issue. Just got the new one today as a matter of fact. It also comes with a free cd, which is kinda nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some News I Got From Heaven's Metal   Some News I Got From Heaven's Metal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some News I Got From Heaven's Metal
Page 1 of 1