Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Doogie White/Cornerstone

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Doogie White/Cornerstone Empty
PostSubject: Doogie White/Cornerstone   Doogie White/Cornerstone Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 7:39 pm

Really diggin' the new CD, "Two Tales of One Tomorrow". I've had their first CD, which was an excellent straight power metal CD. I missed their second and third, but surprisingly the new one has a major Deep Purple/Rainbow family vibe to it. I know Doogie was once in Rainbow; but here he really dips into that history, sounding like Dio one moment, Gillan the next, even a little Coverdale sometimes. It's still power metal, I wouldn't call it retro or anything, but it just has a cool Purple feel about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Doogie White/Cornerstone   Doogie White/Cornerstone Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 11:22 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
Really diggin' the new CD, "Two Tales of One Tomorrow". I've had their first CD, which was an excellent straight power metal CD. I missed their second and third, but surprisingly the new one has a major Deep Purple/Rainbow family vibe to it. I know Doogie was once in Rainbow; but here he really dips into that history, sounding like Dio one moment, Gillan the next, even a little Coverdale sometimes. It's still power metal, I wouldn't call it retro or anything, but it just has a cool Purple feel about it.

I like the new album a lot too. I also liked the 2 previous ones, Once Upon Our Yesterdays and Human Stain, which are surely not power metal, but melodic hard rock/metal. But I'm not sure we heard the same first CD of them... Cause Arrival, their 1st album, has NOTHING to do with a "straight power metal" album. It's a very mellow rock/AOR album, way too mellow in fact for me to like it. They've changed to their heavier sound since the 2nd album.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Doogie White/Cornerstone   Doogie White/Cornerstone Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 1:43 am

I like 'em, his vocals remind me of Tony Martin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Doogie White/Cornerstone   Doogie White/Cornerstone Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 7:48 pm

[quote="Eloi666"]
SAHB Healer wrote:

I like the new album a lot too. I also liked the 2 previous ones, Once Upon Our Yesterdays and Human Stain, which are surely not power metal, but melodic hard rock/metal. But I'm not sure we heard the same first CD of them... Cause Arrival, their 1st album, has NOTHING to do with a "straight power metal" album. It's a very mellow rock/AOR album, way too mellow in fact for me to like it. They've changed to their heavier sound since the 2nd album.

Sorry, I wasn't aware of Arrival. I thought Once Upon Our Yesterdays was the debut. Sounds like Arrival is one to avoid. Also, it's pretty clear that the trem "Power Metal" has morphed since I started using it, it used to mean what people now call "traditional metal" I guess. I really have no idea what "power metal" means at this point in time, I gather it means a heavier sort of music than I'm referring to. I had the same trouble with "Goth" a while ago. In fact I'm gonna try really hard to avoid using any genre references from now on. I'm going to go listen to some 45's on the record player of my hi-fi now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doogie White/Cornerstone   Doogie White/Cornerstone Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Doogie White/Cornerstone
Page 1 of 1