Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mission Of One

Go down 
+7
T-Roy
Rex
Tall Tyrion
arttieTHE1manparty
Follower of Jesus
ultmetal
candlemass
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Mission Of One - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 2:24 pm

T-Roy wrote:
If you wanna call some one out, lets just do it through PM, not publicly. Heck, I bash mass all the time, huh mass?! lol! I mean really, he is a jerk!

Did you check out the songs T-Roy? This band might appeal to you as the lyrics are very Christian based.

ult

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 2:27 pm

myspace is blocked at work, dang it?!?! I want too though!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 3:01 pm

Christian based? They're christian saturated! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 3:02 pm

T-Roy wrote:
myspace is blocked at work, dang it?!?! I want too though!

T-Roy has a job? Shocked
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 3:09 pm

one man band things dont usually live up to a full band with the exception of bathory
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 3:13 pm

wuh?!?! All I ever hear about is how much great underground stuff is, but then, we beat them down because of production quality and everything else and the fact they are a one man band?! I'm CORN-FUSED.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 3:13 pm

TheGooch wrote:
one man band things dont usually live up to a full band with the exception of bathory

And Theocracy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 3:16 pm

T-Roy wrote:
wuh?!?! All I ever hear about is how much great underground stuff is, but then, we beat them down because of production quality and everything else and the fact they are a one man band?! I'm CORN-FUSED.

Bad is bad whether it's underground or mainstream. Being a struggling one man artist doesn't excuse producing a turd.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 3:21 pm

:geek:
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus
Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 4:31 pm

Let's all remember that we are each entitled to our opinion, whether we think Mission of One is great or sucks.

Do I back Chris more because he's a Christian? Yup! And within the Kingdom of Christ, that is not only okay, but encouraged. He's a brother in the Lord trying to bless and challenge people, while making good rock music at the same time.

I, for one, happen to love Show Me The Way, as I said above. I think the riffs are good, and the guy he got to do the lead solos did a great job. The rhythm guitars are a bit fuzzy, and I told Chris that; but its a minor criticism and doesn't keep me from enjoying the album.

Triple horns for Mission of One! 🤘 🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 5:08 pm

🤘 I'll try it out this weekend! TRIPLE HORNS?!?! OMG, Mass, just grap your heart pills and move on to the next thread! lol!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 5:29 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:
Let's all remember that we are each entitled to our opinion, whether we think Mission of One is great or sucks.

Do I back Chris more because he's a Christian? Yup! And within the Kingdom of Christ, that is not only okay, but encouraged.

And folks, this is one of the major marketing ploys within the christian entertainment scene! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus
Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 5:34 pm

So what? Imagine that! People who sell Christian music trying to actually sell it to Christians?! Whodathunkit?
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 5:40 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:
So what? Imagine that! People who sell Christian music trying to actually sell it to Christians?! Whodathunkit?

Not my point, I know from others, as well as myself, that a lot of us wasted our money on poor to mediocre art, ie movies, music, under the guise we were supporting a brother, what we were doing was throwing away our money on rubbish!
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus
Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 5:51 pm

If it was rubbish, why'd you buy it? scratch

I don't buy something because its Christian. I generally have to like it at least a little bit. But when its Christian, I usually like it more, which is why I buy it. I won't buy a Christian album (or a secular one) if I really don't like it.

I won't tear it down in message boards either though. That is where my support for a brother comes in. Its all well and good to not like something that a brother in Christ has created. Its another thing to publicly rip it to shreds. To each his own though....

Back to the topic! lol!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 6:06 pm

Why did I buy it? The same reason many christians buy mediocre art, as I stated, they are under presure, both from without and within, to "support a brother", what they're really doing is encouraging the production of drivel. Most christians are to afraid to be brutaly honest w/their brother, as least where art is concerned, now let them make a mistake in doctrine...........!

Many christians in the pop culture have had their standard lowered over the years, some will not listen to anything but "christian" music, they've come to expect too little.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 6:09 pm

BTW, I did not rip it to shreds, BWBK would've done far worse, he put this music out for public scrutiny, he's not giving it away for free, I shall continue to voice my opinion on any art that is sold to the public.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 6:27 pm

Since I've been accused of ripping it to shreds, and having an agenda w/Aldat, let's see how it fares over here?!

http://www.bravewords.com/braveboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=65470
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus
Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 8:23 pm

Um...okay. Are you feeling persecuted or something?
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 10:13 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:
Um...okay. Are you feeling persecuted or something?

No, perhaps a little constipated. Mission Of One - Page 2 543534
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 10:46 pm

Just to show you this not personal, I don't like the guy from Temple of Blood that posts here, but i think their CD is good, I don't like Luke Easter at all, had a number of run ins w/him on line, but he's a great singer and has recorded some great LP's w/TQT. I was really just trying to see what people thought of this music aside from all the christian support, christians tend to like stuff just because it's christian.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 11:17 pm

And I never understood why you don't like me and keep attacking me. I never did anything to you and never called you the names you've called me.

It doesn't upset me if someone doesn't like an album I like, but if I say I don't like an album/genre you like you take it way too personally.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 11:27 pm

Did I call you a name? I just think your over critical of a lot of music, a bit of an elitist......yea, that's a name!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 11:33 pm

People generally do support their friends in their projects. I know I am more likely to be more kind/less critical of a cd if I personnaly know someone in the band. I think that is true for almost everyone. Is that a bad thing? Or is it only bad if they are Christians? scratch
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus
Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 7:58 am

Temple of Blood would be an example for me. He's a brother in Christ, and I'm glad he's out there making music, but I don't like his music at all. I'm not buying just because I want to support him. I know he has lots of fans, and that's great. But if I don't like it, I don't buy it. I don't feel pressured to buy it just because its Christian. I would venture that most Christian metal fans don't feel pressured to buy anything. You buy what you like, Christian or not. But perhaps you like something Christian, that if it were secular, you wouldn't like nearly as much. You know why? Because you have a kindred spirit with the artist and that carries through the music.

For example, if an artist made a song about some tragedy that you'd experienced in your life, you'd probably get into that song a lot. But put different lyrics about something totally different on the same song, and you wouldn't give the song a second listen.

When the context of the lyrics is Christian, then I'm generally more apt to like it. It doesn't mean I will automatically like it or buy it. Nor does a non-Christian artist not get a fair shake from me. I own tons of non-Christian CDs too.

Does that make more sense?

...sorry for the constipation! LOL! Perhaps some Kaopectate???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mission Of One
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next