Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mission Of One

Go down 
+7
T-Roy
Rex
Tall Tyrion
arttieTHE1manparty
Follower of Jesus
ultmetal
candlemass
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Mission Of One Empty
PostSubject: Mission Of One   Mission Of One Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 3:54 pm

http://www.myspace.com/missionofone

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

Mission Of One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 7:17 pm

To be honest, I find it a bit generic. No offense, but you asked for thoughts - so that's my take.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Mission Of One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 7:43 pm

Mission of One is a one man band and the recording is done in his home. Unfortunately these recordings sound very digital and proccessed.

What do you think candlemass?

Last edited by on Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus
Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 121

Mission Of One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 8:54 pm

I have the Show Me The Way album, and I love it! He got Scott Wenzel from Whitecross to sing on a few on the songs. Those are great, but I actually prefer Chris' vocals. I listened to some of Chris' newer stuff and its not my style at all.

I highly recommend Show Me The Way though. That is a great classic metal album!
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

Mission Of One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 10:18 pm

I still want to snag Show Me The Way... I have his Missionary One album, and liked it for what it is.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Mission Of One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 1:30 am

ultmetal wrote:
Mission of One is a one man band and the recording is done in his home. Unfortunately these recording sound very digital and proccessed.

What do you think candlemass?

I think it's below mediocre, I think if you paid more then $5, shipping included, for a CD, you got ripped off! I think the songwitting, vocals and music are lame, having said that, being a one man band may be the problem. Nick Menza's "Life After Death" was unmercifully ripped to shreds by BWBK, it got the worst review I've ever seen in that mag, he did that CD on his own.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Mission Of One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 1:34 am

I have three Missionary One/Mission of One albums, and I think Chris has done a great job with all of them. Show Me The Way is his latest and best, IMO. He improves with every album, can't ask for more. 🤘
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Mission Of One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 1:41 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
I have three Missionary One/Mission of One albums, and I think Chris has done a great job with all of them. Show Me The Way is his latest and best, IMO. He improves with every album, can't ask for more. 🤘

You can't be serious, how dare you put up the horns for this drivel?! angry

That song "Run" is a joke, and "Man Overboard" sonds like a rip off of Fastway's "Say What You Will"......and I will! lol!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Mission Of One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 9:46 am

candlemass wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:

You can't be serious, how dare you put up the horns for this drivel?! angry

That song "Run" is a joke, and "Man Overboard" sonds like a rip off of Fastway's "Say What You Will"......and I will! lol!

Wow! Hadn't noticed the similarity to "Say What You Will" before. I hear it now.

ult

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Mission Of One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 10:27 am

I think I'll put up two horns for it. 🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Mission Of One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 10:36 am

I thought the music was decent, and whoever played the leads was awesome IMO. I didn't care for the vocals much.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Mission Of One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 10:37 am

Trust me folks, it's not alldat, or densome! lol!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Mission Of One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 10:37 am

Rexorcist wrote:
I thought the music was decent, and whoever played the leads was awesome IMO. I didn't care for the vocals much.

Go pee already!
Back to top Go down

Mission Of One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 11:57 am

Sounds to me like candlemass is bagging on chris for that crap that happened at the CMR yesterday, and he's using this as the platform.

Not cool at all. If you don't like it, that's one thing, but you bring it up now?

Lame, really lame.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Mission Of One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 12:15 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
Sounds to me like candlemass is bagging on chris for that crap that happened at the CMR yesterday, and he's using this as the platform.

Not cool at all. If you don't like it, that's one thing, but you bring it up now?

Lame, really lame.

Your lame for assuming my intentions! angry

I posted this here to get an un biased response to his project, if possible, not possible at CMR, since most christians will support it under the adage of "we're supporting a brother", if I posted it at the BWBK braveboard, they would've ripped it for just being christian. It's bands like these that I believe give christian bands a bad rap w/the majority of rock/metal fans. To wit, a christian wants to take his "unsaved friend" to church, so he invites him to the Sunday night service, wich is where you will find a plethora of these mediocre acts playing, his friend forms his opinion of all christian bands based on this experience, ergo, never giving ligitamate acts like Ultimatum, Saviour Machine, Mortification, Veni Domine.....a chance to prove otherwise! Tired old cliches, re-hashed riffs and sub-par vocals, and what you'll hear from the stage is; "it's not about the music, it's about Jesus", if I had a dollar for everytime I heard that sorry excuse for creating sub-par art under the guise of "ministry", I could retire in Florida!
Back to top Go down

Mission Of One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 12:17 pm

http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com/the-discussion-chamber-f10/locked-threads-t4191.htm
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Mission Of One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 12:20 pm

http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com/the-discussion-chamber-f10/locked-threads-t4191.htm

Hey dood, F-you! So I had a rant w/him over there, wouldn't be the first time, but if you search the threads, you'll find I had issues w/his music long before I had any issues w/him, wich I really don't, it's just fun to yank his chain! lol!
Back to top Go down

Mission Of One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 12:31 pm

Quote :
Hey dood, F-you!

Kinda' says it all, right there doesn't it? You know why you took this shot at him.

BTW, dude, are you really 44? How sad.
Back to top Go down

Mission Of One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 12:33 pm

I back candlemass's thoughts on the music. It's pretty dry. The reason I don't record my own music is because I don't want to have it sound like that stuff. I have more self respect. I don't care what the subject matter is, as with all other music I listen to, so that isn't a determining factor. To like something just because it is lyrically one thing or another is a personal preference that I do not subscribe to. It just sounds like he could have tried harder to produce a quality product.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Mission Of One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 12:37 pm

I don't think there is anything wrong with this thread. candlemass didn't say anything negative about Mission of One until I asked his opinion. He was simply asking other people's opinion.

Does anyone else have an opinion after checking out the songs on MySpace?

Mission Of One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 12:40 pm

No Ult, it was the timing of the thread for me. Can't find any posts at the CMR of which he speaks either.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Mission Of One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 12:45 pm

No Ult, it was the timing of the thread for me. Can't find any posts at the CMR of which he speaks either.

I understand where you are coming from. I haven't really been following the scraps going on at the CMR and didn't know anything about that. However, lets try and keep the discussion to people's opinion of the music and then the other stuff won't matter. Cool?

Mission Of One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 12:47 pm

ultmetal wrote:

I understand where you are coming from. I haven't really been following the scraps going on at the CMR and didn't know anything about that. However, lets try and keep the discussion to people's opinion of the music and then the other stuff won't matter. Cool?

It's your board. Although this has nothing to do with one's opinion on music.

I'll stop now, I spoke my peace.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Mission Of One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 12:55 pm

Dood, I said F-you because your judging my intentions, of wich you have neither the right nor the capability of doing so!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Mission Of One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 2:23 pm

If you wanna call some one out, lets just do it through PM, not publicly. Heck, I bash mass all the time, huh mass?! lol! I mean really, he is a jerk!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mission Of One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Of One   Mission Of One Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mission Of One
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next