Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pro-Pain - Age of Tyranny: The Tenth Crusade

Go down 
+2
Troublezone
mc666
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Pro-Pain - Age of Tyranny: The Tenth Crusade Empty
PostSubject: Pro-Pain - Age of Tyranny: The Tenth Crusade   Pro-Pain - Age of Tyranny: The Tenth Crusade Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 3:38 pm

You know, I hate bands with ZERO web presence. They have a website, but they never update it! Pro-Pain has been one of my favorite bands since their first album (like 1992 or something). I knew they were recording a new album, but why did I not know it was done until I opened a package this morning and pulled out the promo for it? Sure, what a pleasant surprise! But it still annoys the piss out of me.

Anyway, I just ran through it once, and it's outstanding—as usual! It's a little less metal than the last one, Prophets Of Doom (but only a little); it has more of that old school hardcore style—S.O.D., Crumbsuckers (which Gary Meskil came from), M.O.D.—but this time out they've added some new elements, like they did on Prophets Of Doom with the ocassional death metal vocals and acoustic guitar (only on one song, but an acoustic first for the band). The solos are still awesome, too! This band is so underrated. This one has a little more melody, even a female vocalist on "Beyond The Pale!" Wow!

I'll post more when I give it more listens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain - Age of Tyranny: The Tenth Crusade   Pro-Pain - Age of Tyranny: The Tenth Crusade Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 3:42 pm

Also, one of my fav bands. They slay live!!! And they get BETTER with each release.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain - Age of Tyranny: The Tenth Crusade   Pro-Pain - Age of Tyranny: The Tenth Crusade Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 3:49 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Also, one of my fav bands. They slay live!!! And they get BETTER with each release.
Wait until you hear this one. It's awesome. Here's a taste:

BEYOND THE PALE 🤘

What I like most about Pro-Pain is that realize they need to change things up a bit for each album. This kind of music gets tedious if it's in the same mold each time out. I really dug the death metal vocals on the last album, it was a nice touch. And the clean vocals that they had on Round 6 and Fistful Of Hate was also a really cool dynamic shift for the band. They know how to keep it interesting without completely altering their sound. "Beyond The Pale" is just another example of this. I NEVER expected a female vocalist on a Pro-Pain song! Of course, I never expected Ice T either. Haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain - Age of Tyranny: The Tenth Crusade   Pro-Pain - Age of Tyranny: The Tenth Crusade Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 5:34 pm

OK, that's not a chick. Apparently that Matt Bizilia from Icarus Witch. Hahaha. Sounds like a chick to me. Haha.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain - Age of Tyranny: The Tenth Crusade   Pro-Pain - Age of Tyranny: The Tenth Crusade Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 12:34 am

haven't heard this one yet, but i've been onboard the Pro-Pain train since The Truth Hurts.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain - Age of Tyranny: The Tenth Crusade   Pro-Pain - Age of Tyranny: The Tenth Crusade Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 4:45 am

I was into them when they first came out in '92 but then lost intrest untill i heard Contents under pressure.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain - Age of Tyranny: The Tenth Crusade   Pro-Pain - Age of Tyranny: The Tenth Crusade Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 1:11 pm

I an a Pro-Pain fan & had no idea they had a new album eithier.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain - Age of Tyranny: The Tenth Crusade   Pro-Pain - Age of Tyranny: The Tenth Crusade Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 2:23 pm

Hamer12 wrote:
I an a Pro-Pain fan & had no idea they had a new album eithier.
Their website is updated now. Here's the cover:

Pro-Pain - Age of Tyranny: The Tenth Crusade L_15fa30aaa296c42fe8d4d553f98cb7d5

Crap cover. Looks like someone took a 10-minute course in Photoshop and came up with this one.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain - Age of Tyranny: The Tenth Crusade   Pro-Pain - Age of Tyranny: The Tenth Crusade Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 2:24 pm

One of my fav bands ever, and a huge influence on my sound when i was in a band.

This cd just rox i love Three Minutes Hate, Beyond the Pale, Heads will Roll, but all in all another great cd from one of my fav bands..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain - Age of Tyranny: The Tenth Crusade   Pro-Pain - Age of Tyranny: The Tenth Crusade Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 3:17 pm

This band can do no wrong in my book. Even their covers album is awesome! Very underrated. Of course, like many bands, that essentially only applies to N. America. Pro-Pain has a pretty big following overseas, especially in Europe.

You'd never see this in the US.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26445

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain - Age of Tyranny: The Tenth Crusade   Pro-Pain - Age of Tyranny: The Tenth Crusade Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 4:27 pm

I enjoy Pro-Pain alot. I haven't picked up this one yet though.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain - Age of Tyranny: The Tenth Crusade   Pro-Pain - Age of Tyranny: The Tenth Crusade Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 4:59 pm

Eyesore wrote:
This band can do no wrong in my book. Even their covers album is awesome! Very underrated. Of course, like many bands, that essentially only applies to N. America. Pro-Pain has a pretty big following overseas, especially in Europe.

You'd never see this in the US.

i used to watch that video all the time lol/ Awesome tune off of Prophets man i love that album. When i get my band up and running def covering this song..
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain - Age of Tyranny: The Tenth Crusade   Pro-Pain - Age of Tyranny: The Tenth Crusade Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 5:00 pm

I had a promo copy of the new Pro-Pain a while back. Listened to it a bunch of times in order to write my zine review, thought it was OK, but not a keeper. I think I threw it to Uncle Sax when we did a trade.

Though I wish the promo stuff had mentioned that the girly sounding voice was the guy from Icarus Witch, cuz in my review I referred to him/it as "an uncredited female vocalist" or words to that effect. Boy was my face red when I learned who it was. Embarassed

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain - Age of Tyranny: The Tenth Crusade   Pro-Pain - Age of Tyranny: The Tenth Crusade Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pro-Pain - Age of Tyranny: The Tenth Crusade
Page 1 of 1