Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KIRK HAMMETT

Go down 
+11
Invader
caniplaywithmadness?
Olafsto
MetalGuy71
mc666
Fat Freddy
EvyMetal
TheGooch
DallasBlack
Troublezone
Mglaffas81
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

KIRK HAMMETT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KIRK HAMMETT   KIRK HAMMETT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 4:04 pm

Great guitar player. I'd like to hear what he could do in another
setting. I get the feeling that he gets told what to play a lot in
Metallica, which is fine, but Vinnie Vincent's best playing was outside
of KISS, IMO. I suspect Kirk would be the same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KIRK HAMMETT   KIRK HAMMETT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 6:25 pm

defender_of_the_faith wrote:
I hear he had an abusive childhood.

and now an abusive adulthood of being pushed around by James and lars.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KIRK HAMMETT   KIRK HAMMETT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 9:26 pm

firestar wrote:
I hear he had an abusive childhood.

and now an abusive adulthood of being pushed around by James and lars.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: KIRK HAMMETT   KIRK HAMMETT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 9:40 pm

I could just as easily say, even though he is considered a great guitarist I don't walk away with any of his solos stuck in my head.

Where is his "Anesthesia pulling teeth" solo/song.

Well, ok Welcome Home has a really good solo.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: KIRK HAMMETT   KIRK HAMMETT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 9:42 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Great guitar player. I'd like to hear what he could do in another
setting. I get the feeling that he gets told what to play a lot in
Metallica, which is fine, but Vinnie Vincent's best playing was outside
of KISS, IMO. I suspect Kirk would be the same.

Good point. I agree.
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: KIRK HAMMETT   KIRK HAMMETT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 11:58 am

journeyman wrote:

that was a bass solo by cliff burton
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: KIRK HAMMETT   KIRK HAMMETT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 11:59 am

caniplaywithmadness? wrote:
journeyman wrote:

I think he means, where is Kirk's guitar-solo equivalent to Cliff's mighty testament?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: KIRK HAMMETT   KIRK HAMMETT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 6:51 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
journeyman wrote:

I think he means, where is Kirk's guitar-solo equivalent to Cliff's mighty testament?

pretty much every solo on that first album are awesome and live kirk usually rips a solo solo out between songs for a minute or two. rob usually does a bass solo as well now which was very cool to see
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: KIRK HAMMETT   KIRK HAMMETT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 8:51 am

TheGooch wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
journeyman wrote:

pretty much every solo on that first album are awesome and live kirk usually rips a solo solo out between songs for a minute or two. rob usually does a bass solo as well now which was very cool to see

Rob is an awesome bassist. I loved his work with Suicidal Tendencies and Infectious Grooves.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: KIRK HAMMETT   KIRK HAMMETT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 10:07 pm

Kirk's got a high voice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KIRK HAMMETT   KIRK HAMMETT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 10:11 pm

Kirk's got a high voice.

Cock ring.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: KIRK HAMMETT   KIRK HAMMETT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 10:50 am

DallasBlack wrote:
TheGooch wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
journeyman wrote:

Rob is an awesome bassist. I loved his work with Suicidal Tendencies and Infectious Grooves.

if i recall didnt rob participate in the rerecording of the bass on the early ozzy osbourne albums
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: KIRK HAMMETT   KIRK HAMMETT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 11:14 am

TheGooch wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
TheGooch wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
journeyman wrote:

if i recall didnt rob participate in the rerecording of the bass on the early ozzy osbourne albums

I believe he has done bass for Ozzy, though I don't know which albums.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: KIRK HAMMETT   KIRK HAMMETT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 11:19 am

TheGooch wrote:

I believe it is Rob on the "remastered" versions of BLIZZARD OF OZZ and DIARY OF A MADMAN. Apparently Bob Daisley (original bassist) and Lee Kerslake (original drummer) were in the process of suing the Ozz camp for royalties they claimed they were owed but hadn't been paid, and Sharon O. retaliated by erasing their playing off the original tapes and having Ozzy's current bassist and drummer (who I believe at the time was Mike Bordin of Faith No More fame) re-record those tracks. Nice huh? The lesson is obviously not to mess with Sharon O.

Thankfully I still have earlier pressings of BLIZZARD and DIARY with Lee and Bob's playing on them... Sharon's back-alley tactics just made me angry.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: KIRK HAMMETT   KIRK HAMMETT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 11:24 am

i dont like sharon osbourne. in my opinion she took advantage of ozzy to make money while he was spaced out on drugs
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: KIRK HAMMETT   KIRK HAMMETT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 11:26 am

TheGooch wrote:
i dont like sharon osbourne. in my opinion she took advantage of ozzy to make money while he was spaced out on drugs

That there is pretty much the universal opinion of Sharon O., methinks

Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: KIRK HAMMETT   KIRK HAMMETT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 11:52 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
TheGooch wrote:

I believe it is Rob on the "remastered" versions of BLIZZARD OF OZZ and DIARY OF A MADMAN. Apparently Bob Daisley (original bassist) and Lee Kerslake (original drummer) were in the process of suing the Ozz camp for royalties they claimed they were owed but hadn't been paid, and Sharon O. retaliated by erasing their playing off the original tapes and having Ozzy's current bassist and drummer (who I believe at the time was Mike Bordin of Faith No More fame) re-record those tracks. Nice huh? The lesson is obviously not to mess with Sharon O.

Thankfully I still have earlier pressings of BLIZZARD and DIARY with Lee and Bob's playing on them... Sharon's back-alley tactics just made me angry.

that was soooo low. i feel for bob daisley espiecially, since he wrote the majority of those early albums. much more than ozzy did anyways
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: KIRK HAMMETT   KIRK HAMMETT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 12:22 pm

yeah wasnt ozzy just wacked on coke or something like that
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: KIRK HAMMETT   KIRK HAMMETT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 12:28 pm

TheGooch wrote:
yeah wasnt ozzy just wacked on coke or something like that

You name it, Ozzy has likely snorted, smoked, popped, or ingested it in some form or another.

Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: KIRK HAMMETT   KIRK HAMMETT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 12:35 pm

hey i heard the other day how ozzy snorted a line of ants when egged on by support band motley crue! whether its true who knows.

i also remember the story about how ozzy and bill ward took lsd every day for two years

just stook the black rain album on
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: KIRK HAMMETT   KIRK HAMMETT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 12:39 pm

TheGooch wrote:
hey i heard the other day how ozzy snorted a line of ants when egged on by support band motley crue! whether its true who knows.

Haha, I read that story in Motley Crue's book "The Dirt" too. Seems like something that Ozz would do.

Trying to get this thread back on topic (it IS a Kirk Hammett/Metallica thread, after all, not an Ozzy thread): I read years ago that when Ozzy took Metallica out as his opening act (in their Master of Puppets days), Ozzy said Metallica were the first band he'd met that could drink him under the table. Smile

Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: KIRK HAMMETT   KIRK HAMMETT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 12:42 pm

that would not surprise me after all Lord Hetfield had to have rehab for being an alcoholic.
Back to top Go down
Jedilink
Metal student
Metal student
Jedilink

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: KIRK HAMMETT   KIRK HAMMETT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 1:31 am

Quote :
He's the Derek Smalls of Metallica. He's the peacekeeper.

I'll second that one. Smile He just seems like the guy that would sit back and observe a conflict around him rather than hopping in and yelling too. And I've gotta say, being quiet and observant shows a man of wisdom.

My friends make fun of his voice, but I think my friends must be stupid. He sounds like a guy...I don't think he sounds odd or anything. Anyway, his wah pedal is cool. I actually like it in a guitar solo. Of course using that to mask terrible playing doesn't mean anything, but he can play so he can use it all he wants in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jedilink
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KIRK HAMMETT   KIRK HAMMETT - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KIRK HAMMETT
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2