Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Savatage Album

Go down 
+12
krokus
ultmetal
Required Fields
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
ghost
Smindas
DallasBlack
Tall Tyrion
candlemass
mc666
Damien Solta
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Damien Solta
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 112

Best Savatage Album Empty
PostSubject: Best Savatage Album   Best Savatage Album Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 11:07 pm

After falling in love with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, and having a passion for a little bit heavy-er metal, (ok, black Metal's a whole lot heavy-er, but that's not the point) I wonder which savatage album I should try to get, because I've heard a few songs off dead winter dead and poets and madmen.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Best Savatage Album   Best Savatage Album Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 11:21 pm

candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Best Savatage Album   Best Savatage Album Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 11:21 pm

Hall of the Mountain King! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Best Savatage Album   Best Savatage Album Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 1:01 am

Dead Winter Dead and Wake of Magellen are probably the twoi I would recommend if you are looking for something similar to TSO.
My top 5 (no order) is:

Hall of the Mountain King
Gutter Ballet
Edge of Thorns
Handful of Rain
Dead Winter Dead
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Best Savatage Album   Best Savatage Album Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 3:00 am

Best Savatage Album C47983b8h37
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Best Savatage Album   Best Savatage Album Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 6:08 am

I'd say the best start for Savatage would be either the live compilation, Ghost in the Ruins as it has a good spread of the first few albums worth of material, all performed spectacularly (a lot of them being better than the originals) or Gutter Ballet as it serves as a good mid-point of an album.

But that's just my opinion. They're all good though, you can't really go wrong.

Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Best Savatage Album   Best Savatage Album Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 7:56 am

What do you think about Poets And Madmen? I saw it cheap and think about purchasing it. But I'm also not familiar with them.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Best Savatage Album   Best Savatage Album Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 8:24 am

The entire Savatage catalog (with the possible exception of FIGHT FOR THE ROCK) is absolutely golden! You can't go wrong with any of 'em !!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Best Savatage Album   Best Savatage Album Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 8:37 am

Edge of Thorns,Gutter Ballet,and Hall of the Mountain King are all my faves.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: Best Savatage Album   Best Savatage Album Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 11:21 am

Hall of the Mountain King is my favorite.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Best Savatage Album   Best Savatage Album Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 11:32 am

I'm partial to SIRENS. I also love EDGE OF THORNS and HALL OF THE MOUNTAIN KING.

PostSubject: Re: Best Savatage Album   Best Savatage Album Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 11:38 am

thrasher73 wrote:
Edge of Thorns,Gutter Ballet,and Hall of the Mountain King are all my faves.

Same here. I got almost the entire Savatage CD catalog for $30 at the flea market last summer. It was quite the find.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Savatage Album   Best Savatage Album Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 12:42 pm

mc666 wrote:
we did a poll sometime back...
https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/heart-of-metal-f1/favorite-savatage-album-t2384.htm?highlight=savatage
It never works. I'm gonna start limiting my posts to two sentences, so I can post them every week in the new thread without getting annoyed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Savatage Album   Best Savatage Album Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 12:47 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Best Savatage Album C47983b8h37

Yep, but I'll take all the ones with Criss.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Best Savatage Album   Best Savatage Album Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 3:17 pm

HALL OF THE MOUNTAIN KING must also be my fave by SAVATAGE.
Just the other day i was listening to FIGHT FOR THE ROCK, a album very much underrated and i completly forgot about two songs:THE EDGE OF MIDNIGHT and RED LIGHT PARADISE. Great songs.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Best Savatage Album   Best Savatage Album Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 4:25 pm

ghost wrote:
What do you think about Poets And Madmen? I saw it cheap and think about purchasing it. But I'm also not familiar with them.

Poets and Madmen was the last Savatage album, and had Jon Oliva doing all the vocals for the first time since Streets. It did not make my list, but it's a great album. Really, you can't go wrong with any album, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Best Savatage Album   Best Savatage Album Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 4:38 pm

Gutter Ballet and Sirens
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Best Savatage Album   Best Savatage Album Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 8:21 pm

Damien Solta wrote:
After falling in love with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, and having a passion for a little bit heavy-er metal, (ok, black Metal's a whole lot heavy-er, but that's not the point) I wonder which savatage album I should try to get, because I've heard a few songs off dead winter dead and poets and madmen.

The best album by Savatage to headbang to would be Sirens and the best melodic Savatage album would undoubtly be Gutter Ballet. For starters I would get Ghost in Ruins its Savatage at its best Live and they play songs from every Criss Oliva album except Rock Opera and Fight 4 the Rock.
For the post Criss Oliva I am not all familiar with
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Best Savatage Album   Best Savatage Album Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 12:07 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
ghost wrote:

Poets and Madmen was the last Savatage album, and had Jon Oliva doing all the vocals for the first time since Streets. It did not make my list, but it's a great album. Really, you can't go wrong with any album, IMO.

Yes, I bought it and it is really great. I'll have to get other albums from the band.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Best Savatage Album   Best Savatage Album Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 1:22 pm

🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Savatage Album   Best Savatage Album Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 1:33 pm

So many metalheads love this band, and most outside the metal community have no clue who they are. more people know TSO is, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Best Savatage Album   Best Savatage Album Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 9:20 am

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
So many metalheads love this band, and most outside the metal community have no clue who they are. more people know TSO is, that's for sure.

Yep, but that gives us an opportunity to talk up Savatage. I just recently recommended them to a lady who told me she and her family went to see TSO.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Best Savatage Album   Best Savatage Album Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 12:22 pm

I'm going with Hall of the Mountain King here because of sheer sentimentality. It was my first intro to them and I just fell in love with Chris Oliva's opening riff to the title song.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Best Savatage Album   Best Savatage Album Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 1:29 am

I have a sentimental attachment to "Hall of the Mountain King" too, so it's good to see it mentioned so much.
But "Power of the Night" has so much rockin' attitude that I'll list that as my fave just because it hasn't been mentioned yet. It's a nasty album!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Savatage Album   Best Savatage Album Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 12:05 pm

I like everything this band has done. However, my cream of the crop albums are:

1. Hall of the Mountain King
2. Gutter Ballet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Savatage Album   Best Savatage Album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Savatage Album
Page 1 of 1