Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ever Rediscover Old stuff and it's new again !

Go down 
+5
mc666
kmorg
TheGooch
Olafsto
mr.electric39
9 posters
AuthorMessage
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Ever Rediscover Old stuff and it's new again ! Empty
PostSubject: Ever Rediscover Old stuff and it's new again !   Ever Rediscover Old stuff and it's new again ! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 1:03 am

I threw on 'bloodgood's' Detonation and the first Sacrament disc this morning.... WOW..... I've not listened to either one in a long time. Makes me want to hear 'em again and again.

I did this when I 'rediscovered' Maiden in 2002... man oh man... what a treat that was. I could listen to Number Beast with/out it burning me out... Y'know what I mean? Sorta Like watching a movie you've seen a million times, putting it away and watching after a long hiatus and seeing parts you'd totally forgotten about.

When that happens it a total treat..... 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Ever Rediscover Old stuff and it's new again !   Ever Rediscover Old stuff and it's new again ! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 2:23 am

I do this all the time!

A few recent ones for me:

Sodom - Agent Orange

This was a favorite of mine back in high school. It sounds just as good today!

King's X - Out of the Silent Planet

This album is just freekin' amazing. I hadn't heard it in years and recently repurchased it.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Ever Rediscover Old stuff and it's new again !   Ever Rediscover Old stuff and it's new again ! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 5:50 am

It happens almost every time I replace my vinyls with cd`s, never play them old vinyls but keep them because I love em.
Great feeling rediscovering old stuff!!!
Happened not long ago when I got MALICE- In the beginning and Lisence to kill on Cd.
Also AC/DC- For those about to Rock comes to mind
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Ever Rediscover Old stuff and it's new again !   Ever Rediscover Old stuff and it's new again ! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 7:23 am

i had not listened to biomechanical for ages and the time when i did spin them up i has hooked. shame some other albums i revisited did not do the same ie slipknot, killswitch
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Ever Rediscover Old stuff and it's new again !   Ever Rediscover Old stuff and it's new again ! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 11:41 am

I am in the process of ripping all my Cd's to my computer, and I'm trying to add bands entire catalogues. And latetly I've been on both a Running Wild kick, and a Hammerfall kcik becasue of that. I also rediscovered how cool Antithesis were!

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Ever Rediscover Old stuff and it's new again !   Ever Rediscover Old stuff and it's new again ! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 11:41 am

there are some albums that you can always hear something new on that you missed before if you wait for awhile before playing it again.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Ever Rediscover Old stuff and it's new again !   Ever Rediscover Old stuff and it's new again ! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 1:50 pm

Yup, happens all the time. One of my all time favorite thrash discs, "Kill 'Em All". I haven't actually played that CD in quite some time as Metallica are not a frequent player for me much anymore. However, last night when driving home from the hockey game the local radio station was playing "Seek & Destroy" and it sounded awesome. Soooo, I had to pull that CD out an play it today. It was like seeing an old friend again. Very cool.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Ever Rediscover Old stuff and it's new again !   Ever Rediscover Old stuff and it's new again ! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 7:17 pm

Yeah, thats what happened to me with Forte last month. There's nothing better because since I already own the CD's I rediscover...It's free!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ever Rediscover Old stuff and it's new again !   Ever Rediscover Old stuff and it's new again ! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 8:34 pm

Yep - "rediscovered" KISS MTV Unplugged - saw it on VH1 Classic, so I has to find it on my IPOD and listen to it a few times
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ever Rediscover Old stuff and it's new again !   Ever Rediscover Old stuff and it's new again ! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 12:09 pm

I also recently 'rediscovered' the first Black Sabbath album. Years ago I loved that album - but I just forgot about it.

I put it on again a few weeks ago and I can hardly take it out of my stereo.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Ever Rediscover Old stuff and it's new again !   Ever Rediscover Old stuff and it's new again ! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 9:04 pm

Yeah, thanks to Ult, (and NLTM) I went on an Accept kick over the summer. This happened a few summers ago with Krokus. I probably hadn't listened to either band in a few years and pulled out the cd's, dusted them off and threw em in the old player and just fell in love all over again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ever Rediscover Old stuff and it's new again !   Ever Rediscover Old stuff and it's new again ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ever Rediscover Old stuff and it's new again !
Page 1 of 1