Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Two Bastards

Go down 
+9
SAHB Healer
TheGooch
mc666
DallasBlack
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
T-Roy
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Two Bastards (Metalcore or Nu Metal)?
metalcore
The Two Bastards - Page 2 Vote_lcap40%The Two Bastards - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 40% [ 8 ]
nu metal
The Two Bastards - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%The Two Bastards - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 3 ]
both about the same
The Two Bastards - Page 2 Vote_lcap45%The Two Bastards - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 45% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

The Two Bastards - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Two Bastards   The Two Bastards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 2:37 pm

i went for about the same as i listen to a few bands form each
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Two Bastards   The Two Bastards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 6:59 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I went with nu-metal for one particular reason. Metalcore bands are very monotonous, there is very little variety and the songs tend to run together. Sometimes I can't tell the difference between one song and the other. Metalcore that I do listen to is limited to Demon Hunter, old Showdown, and Living Sacrifice (not to mention the hybrids like Shadows Fall, Trivium, and As I Lay Dying). Nu metal on the other hand has some song structure which gives variety to the music.

BINGO! My thoughts exactly. Nu Metal has a lot more variety - not all the bands sound the same.

🤘
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: The Two Bastards   The Two Bastards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 7:14 pm

The most of what has really stuck with me from the USA in the 90's is what I would call "Soundgarden influenced" bands. I guess I consider Disturbed one of those, sort of. So I voted Nu, even though I never tune in that radio station anymore.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: The Two Bastards   The Two Bastards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 9:23 am

blackieboy wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
I went with nu-metal for one particular reason. Metalcore bands are very monotonous,
there is very little variety and the songs tend to run together.
Sometimes I can't tell the difference between one song and the other.
Metalcore that I do listen to is limited to Demon Hunter, old Showdown,
and Living Sacrifice (not to mention the hybrids like Shadows Fall,
Trivium, and As I Lay Dying). Nu metal on the other hand has some song
structure which gives variety to the music.

BINGO! My thoughts exactly. Nu Metal has a lot more variety - not all the bands sound the same.

🤘
NU-METAL IS NOTHING BUT ADULTEROUS, BASTARDIZED CRAP!!!lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Two Bastards   The Two Bastards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 10:16 am

laughing
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: The Two Bastards   The Two Bastards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 11:00 am

However...certain bands transcend their category and I like what sounds good to me no matter the supposed genre. I think most of us fall into that category......
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Two Bastards   The Two Bastards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 11:05 am

I guess if I have to choose, I'd go with metalcore. Looking at the names people are throwing out there, I definately own more metalcore than nu-metal.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The Two Bastards   The Two Bastards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 11:05 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
However...certain bands transcend their category and I like what sounds good to me no matter the supposed genre. I think most of us fall into that category......

So True!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Two Bastards   The Two Bastards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 11:44 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:

I highly agree with this. If you saw my cd collection you'd probably be quite surprised. Most of my stuff is 'true' metal. But I also have a lot of stuff from artists that I just love and don't really care what people think.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Two Bastards   The Two Bastards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 12:21 pm

blackieboy wrote:

I highly agree with this. If you saw my cd collection you'd probably be quite surprised. Most of my stuff is 'true' metal. But I also have a lot of stuff from artists that I just love and don't really care what people think.

Nothin' wrong with that at all. Some people get too caught up in worrying about "this isn't metal" or "it's not metal enough." Listen to what you like, don't worry about what anybody else sez.

Neither of the so-called "bastard" subgenres here are really my thing, but I have lots of "un-metal" CDs in my collection and if someone thinks that I'm not "true" because of that, then, well... you know where they can go. Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The Two Bastards   The Two Bastards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 12:27 pm

We've had these discussion numerous times already.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: The Two Bastards   The Two Bastards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 1:24 pm

[quote="Fat Freddy"]
blackieboy wrote:

you know where they can go. Smile
MEXICO?!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Two Bastards   The Two Bastards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 1:33 pm

T-Roy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
you know where they can go. Smile
MEXICO?!

I was thinking "Hoboken," but that works too.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: The Two Bastards   The Two Bastards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 1:48 pm

I don't like any Nu-Metal, but to some Metalcore I can listen sometimes.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: The Two Bastards   The Two Bastards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 2:12 pm

hate both. F* 'em
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/

PostSubject: Re: The Two Bastards   The Two Bastards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 2:20 pm

iamrockerfun wrote:
hate both. F* 'em

...but how do you REALLY feel about them?
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

PostSubject: Re: The Two Bastards   The Two Bastards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 2:22 pm

spectrefate wrote:
iamrockerfun wrote:
hate both. F* 'em

don't even listen this Shi* it's sick
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: The Two Bastards   The Two Bastards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 2:26 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The Two Bastards   The Two Bastards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 2:45 pm

iamrockerfun wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
iamrockerfun wrote:
hate both. F* 'em

Dude,your Avatar is Kid Rock!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Two Bastards   The Two Bastards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 2:47 pm

...I'm a cowboy, baby....
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The Two Bastards   The Two Bastards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 3:39 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
blackieboy wrote:

Nothin' wrong with that at all. Some people get too caught up in worrying about "this isn't metal" or "it's not metal enough." Listen to what you like, don't worry about what anybody else sez.

Neither of the so-called "bastard" subgenres here are really my thing, but I have lots of "un-metal" CDs in my collection and if someone thinks that I'm not "true" because of that, then, well... you know where they can go. Smile

I used to be that way. I would only allow myself to listen to metal/hard rock because I wanted to be "true metal" (this was when I was trying to fit in with other metal heads). As I got older I realized that being untrue to yourself to "fit in" is stupid and pointless. Now I listen to whatever tickles my fancy.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Two Bastards   The Two Bastards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 4:05 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

I used to be that way. I would only allow myself to listen to metal/hard rock because I wanted to be "true metal" (this was when I was trying to fit in with other metal heads). As I got older I realized that being untrue to yourself to "fit in" is stupid and pointless. Now I listen to whatever tickles my fancy.

Amen bro! If someone thinks I'm "not metal" cuz I occasionally throw on some Pat Benatar, some Weird Al, some U2, the "Rocky Horror Picture Show" soundtrack, or music from "The Simpsons," then they can go jump in the creek for all I care. 🤘

Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

PostSubject: Re: The Two Bastards   The Two Bastards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 4:14 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
iamrockerfun wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
iamrockerfun wrote:
hate both. F* 'em

i like only KR's picture ... not all music. that's all.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: The Two Bastards   The Two Bastards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 4:36 pm

Quote :

Oh, the irony!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Two Bastards   The Two Bastards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 7:17 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Amen bro! If someone thinks I'm "not metal" cuz I occasionally throw on some Pat Benatar, some Weird Al, some U2, the "Rocky Horror Picture Show" soundtrack, or music from "The Simpsons," then they can go jump in the creek for all I care. 🤘

🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘

That deserves 5 headbangs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Two Bastards   The Two Bastards - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Two Bastards
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next