Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]

Go down 
+36
Coma
Smindas
Olafsto
AchrisK
assault_attack
Fat Freddy
novellahub
rattpoison
T-Roy
journeyman
jstate
Vordul
EvyMetal
TheGooch
TrogDawn
the sentinel
ghost
exact33
SideShowDisaSter
DallasBlack
Shiney
krokus
Thrasher73
Required Fields
GrandNational
Invader
nevermore
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
kmorg
scottmitchell74
A Handful of Wayne
Wargod
sovdat
ensiferum2k
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage

NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 5:42 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Sometime Sunday - Stone ($2.00 x 2) I got two cause I figured "what the heck?"
Random! I was listening to that CD last night. I love that band. They sound like early Tad on that CD.

And by the way, I'm listening to the first track on the Page/Crowes CD and I can hear that Jimmy Page is still a terribly sloppy guitar player when he's soloing. Damn! How is this guy considered a great? Chris Robinson sounds awesome, though.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 6:49 pm

Lita Ford - Out For Blood/Dancin' On The Edge (double album package remastered)
Back to top Go down
ensiferum2k
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ensiferum2k

Number of posts : 340

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 10:18 pm

ordered from amazon

Accept - Staying a life
Vicious Rumors - Welcome To the ball
Back to top Go down
Vordul
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

Number of posts : 322

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 10:32 pm

ASSORTED HEAP - MIND WAVES
DESPAIR - HISTORYOF HATE
OVERTHROW - WITNIN SUFFERING
LAST DESCENDANTS - ONE NATION UNDER GOD
AGRETATOR - DELUSIONS
ATHEIST - UNQUESTIONABLE PRESENCE
SACRILEGE - TURN BACK TRIBOLITE
TYNATOR - LIVING IN PAIN
TOXIC SHOCK - BETWEEN GOOD AND EVIL
PATRIARCH - WORLD WITHIN WORLDS
DAMIEN BREED - AVE SATANI
MASSACRA - FINAL HOLOCAUST
EXUMER - RISING FROM THE SEA
RIGOR MORTIS - RIGOR MORTIS
DECADENCE - GANGS AND VICTIMS
CAUSTIC - MALICIOUS
THRESHOLD - WITHIN THE EXPANSE
HOLY MOSES - THE NEW MACHINE OF LIECHENSTEIN
VERWAINT - OHH! RANG UHH! TANG
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 1:18 am

Eyesore said,

"Random! I was listening to that CD last night. I love that band. They sound like early Tad on that CD.

And by the way, I'm listening to the first track on the Page/Crowes CD and I can hear that Jimmy Page is still
a terribly sloppy guitar player when he's soloing. Damn! How is this
guy considered a great? Chris Robinson sounds awesome, though"

I love Tad, the Seattle so-called grunge band that never achieved the same level of success as their bretheren because, as a Metal Maniacs review once said, and I'm paraphrasing, their lead singer didn't fall into the rock god or neurotic basketcase mold. The only CD I have of theirs is 1993's Inhaler, though one of these days I intend to get the CD, a various artists one called Revolution Come and Gone, with my favorite song of theirs, Jinx, on it. It was in the movie Singles, but for some injustice or other never made it to the soundtrack while that Paul Westerberg nonsense was deemed 2 tracks worthy.

As for that Page/Black Crowes live concert in Greece, that's one of the best Led Zeppelin (with a few other bands' covers thrown in for good measure) tributes I've ever heard, despite Page's sloppy live playing, which I for one can forgive him for after seeing how old and decrepit he looked in the photo inserts. He's still one of the greatest guitarists in my book, at least in the studio during his prime years.

Another excellent Zeppelin live tribute is from Great White. I'm not a big Great White fan (should I be?), but I can certainly respect them after hearing their note-for-note perfect rendition of Zeppelin classics, and the commentary and insights delivered by the vocalist in between songs is just icing on the cake!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 1:32 am

Yep. Tad is amazing. A lot of people here dig them. And "Jinx" is on 8-Way Santa, so just buy that album.

As for Page, he's always been sloppy when he solos. You can hear it on every Zeppelin album. And yes, the Great White tribute is absolutely killer!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 2:45 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I'm excited dudes!!! I just went back out and finished scouring Abilene, TX! Here's the rest of my work:

Guardian - First Watch ($2.00!)

King James - S/T ($2.00)

Saviour Machine - S/T ($2.00)

Sometime Sunday - Stone ($2.00 x 2) I got two cause I figured "what the heck?"

Six Feet Deep - Struggle ($2.00)

AND.....since they were there and again I thought "what the heck?"....Bride - The Jesus Experience ($2.00 x 3)

That's it! But that's something! I can't believe my luck!!

Yeah, I think you've been nice this year cause Santa's been good to you.

That Guardian cd is totally out of print and it's their best work!! Great album there!

That King James is also a very nice score.

Same with the Six Feet Deep (I have that one). Great thrash/crossover album there in the vein of The Crucified.

That Bride album isnt' one of their best, but it's worth owning anyway. I have that one too.

And dude, you got Saviour Machine's first one?? WOW. Mine just bit the dust a few months ago and I've been looking all over for a good replacement, but they are high. Nice find. IMO that's Saviour Machine's finest hour.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 4:15 am

DESPAIR - History of Hate CD
RAZOR - Armed and Dangerous / Executioner's Song CD
ANGKOR WAT - Corpus Christi CD
KING DIAMOND - House of God digi CD
Back to top Go down
Vordul
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

Number of posts : 322

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 4:40 am

SOVDAT

HISTORY OF HATE

GREAT MINDS HAVE THE SAME TASTE HEY LOL 🤘
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 7:08 am

At a library book sale last week I found Guardian's Miracle Mile and Roxy Blue's Want Some. Fifty cents a piece.

Also managed to finally find used Dokken's Breaking The Chains to complete my collection.

But my big find was a two dollar copy of Apocrypha's Area 54. Am really loving that.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 7:14 am

Vordul wrote:
SOVDAT

HISTORY OF HATE

GREAT MINDS HAVE THE SAME TASTE HEY LOL 🤘

Haha Smile How much did you pay for yours?
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 8:26 am

FURY- "Endangered Hearts"
GANG GREEN- "Older...Budweiser"
TORMAN MAXT- "The Problem Of Pain, Part I"

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 10:11 am

Sun Red Sun - Sun Set (3 CD and DVDr box)

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 11:53 am

Got a few today:

Black Crowes, The - Lions **
Crystal Pistol - Crystal Pistol **
Scorpions - I Can't Explain (CD Single) *
Solarized - Neanderthal Speedway *
VoKee - VoKee (2007 Demo)

* $1.75 from lala.com.
** Under $2 from SwapaCD.com.

I also got my first broken CD, but not from lala. I got it from SwapaCD! I've only received three CDs from them so far; two were shipped in bubble mailers with jewelcases included. This other one—Diableros by Drive—was shipped in the printable SwapaCD mailer (a piece of paper you fold around the CD). But this guy didn't include the digipack, just the CD, booklet and back insert. Brilliant move. Haha. But hey, the CD protected the booklet and back insert!
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 11:55 am

you oughta be able to score that DRIVE cd for cheap either at half.com or second spin....

It's a killer disc!!!!

So is CRYSTAL PISTOL!!!

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 11:58 am

Shiney wrote:
you oughta be able to score that DRIVE cd for cheap either at half.com or second spin....

It's a killer disc!!!!

So is CRYSTAL PISTOL!!!
Crystal Pistol must be a Shiney recommendation. I don't remember ever knowing anything about this band. I checked your list, and it's not one you wanted me to look for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 5:07 pm

Got one more tonight:

Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Trans-Siberian Orchestra (Exclusive Walmart EP)

This one has an exclusive track. Nothing special, but a decent collector's item, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 6:22 pm

The Rods - Let Them Eat Metal
Concept Of God - Visions
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 6:39 am

For anyone who lives in NY you probably know the music store Looney Tunes which burnt down a couple months ago. Well it finally opened a week or 2 ago and I finally got a chance to go down there yesturday. I was a little surprised and disapointed. The place has changed a lot it looks 100 times better than it used to but I was very disapointed with how the cds are set up and the lack there of. I did pick up some good stuff but I probably would have found a lot more before they burnt down. So i'll give them a while before I go back to start recovering from their loss and hopefully build up their cds. The 2 things that really bothered me the most was in the old store they used to have the metal divided up into sections like Heavy Metal, Power Metal, Death Metal etc. now everythings just thrown into metal and its quite messy. It goes from A-Z but I was looking for Motorhead and it they werent all together. The other thing was their used cds. Before they were set up so you can kind of flick through them real quick. Now their set up sideways which is a pain in the ass to look through especially when the shelf goes all the way to the floor. Other than that I spent about an hour or more there and I had fun but I have still yet to find a store to beat Slipped Disc. Ok now heres what I got.

Destruction- Thrash Anthems
Elvenking- The Winter Wake
Iron Fire- Revenge
Magnum- On a Story Tellers Night
Mercyful Fate- Dont Break The Oath (remaster)(Im looking for the other KING DIAMOND AND MERCYFUL FATE remasters if anyone wants to get rid of them)
Motorhead- Bastards
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 11:46 am

DAMIEN THORNE- "Haunted Mind"
DEAD ON ARRIVAL- "Alive And Kickin'"

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 12:26 pm

Angra ~ Fireworks
Sanctuary ~ Into the Mirror Black
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 12:28 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Got one more tonight:

This one has an exclusive track. Nothing special, but a decent collector's item, I suppose.

how much was that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 12:53 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Got one more tonight:

how much was that?
$4.84. Cheap!
Back to top Go down
ensiferum2k
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ensiferum2k

Number of posts : 340

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 2:27 pm

edit:
I returned the sony mp3 player and bought 2 mp3 players + video game instead

I picked up
A Sansa 2gb clip
Sansa c240+free giftcard that i used to buy the art of fighting anthology(ps2)
I'm giving the c240 away as a christmas gift and keeping the sansa clip :>

Last edited by on Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 2:35 pm

Sepultura- Schizophrenia
Sepultura- Arise (remaster)
Sepultura- Roots
Queen- A Night At The Opera (remaster with dvd)
Queen- Hot Space
Queen- The Game
Queen- The Miracle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]
Page 21 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 33  Next