Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]

Go down 
+36
Coma
Smindas
Olafsto
AchrisK
assault_attack
Fat Freddy
novellahub
rattpoison
T-Roy
journeyman
jstate
Vordul
EvyMetal
TheGooch
TrogDawn
the sentinel
ghost
exact33
SideShowDisaSter
DallasBlack
Shiney
krokus
Thrasher73
Required Fields
GrandNational
Invader
nevermore
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
kmorg
scottmitchell74
A Handful of Wayne
Wargod
sovdat
ensiferum2k
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage

NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 8:31 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
Wuthering Heights - The Shadow Cabinet (2CD)
🤘 cool
This was $5.99 at Newbury Comics, used. Great price for this one. This is the time of year you can find great CDs for cheap, as people start selling them off for Christmas money.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 9:32 pm

Man, I live in a really crappy city for metal. West Texas is either goofy modern country or the young kids screaming themselves hoarse....so needless to say there's not outlet or used music shops with anything I'd be interested in. We do have a Hastings but they are so $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ it's absurd. I go and drink their coffee (for a couple donated nickles) and read for hours....but no music. I think the last thing I bought at Hastings new was Masterplan - Aeronautics for $13.99 because I simply couldn't wait. I have only spent more in the last two years for 4 CDs....Holy Hell, Crimson Moonlight - The Covenant Progress, Into The Pit, and Mortification - Impaling The Goblin. All but CM worth every penny. (However, I'd get it back if I could. Stupidly traded it away).

Anyhow......congrats on that "haul" and those prices! WOW!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 9:42 pm

Killswitch Engage - (Set This) World Ablaze (DVD) 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 10:21 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Man, I live in a really crappy city for metal. West Texas is either goofy modern country or the young kids screaming themselves hoarse....so needless to say there's not outlet or used music shops with anything I'd be interested in. We do have a Hastings but they are so $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ it's absurd. I go and drink their coffee (for a couple donated nickles) and read for hours....but no music. I think the last thing I bought at Hastings new was Masterplan - Aeronautics for $13.99 because I simply couldn't wait. I have only spent more in the last two years for 4 CDs....Holy Hell, Crimson Moonlight - The Covenant Progress, Into The Pit, and Mortification - Impaling The Goblin. All but CM worth every penny. (However, I'd get it back if I could. Stupidly traded it away).

Anyhow......congrats on that "haul" and those prices! WOW!
They've gotta be somewhere. Are there any pawn shops or Goodwill stores or Salvation Army stores? I remember there was a Goodwill store by some restaurant a friend took me to. I saw a rack through the window and dragged her in. I got 4 CDs for $1. One of them was A Distant Thunder by Helstar. $0.25! That was when I learned to check those kinds of places for CDs.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 10:26 pm

There are....I never figured Goodwill or Salvation Army would have any good stuff.....but I guess you'd be surprised what people pawn off when they "need" money.....Good thought, thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 10:28 pm

I have to agree. I got a copy of Exodus' Impact Is Imminent through Half.com today for $20.00 and the guy left the original case on it that has a $1.00 sticker on it where he bought it at a Half Price Books store. You just never know where you will find a cool CD.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 10:49 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
There are....I never figured Goodwill or Salvation Army would have any good stuff.....but I guess you'd be surprised what people pawn off when they "need" money.....Good thought, thanks!
Do you have Game Stops down there? Video game stores? Some of those sell CDs, too. The only problem with places like Salvation Army stores is that the stuff is usually donated, so you may find a killer CD, but the CD might be ruined. These places don't even check these things. It all comes in and they just toss it on shelves and hope someone buys it.

But still, you can find some great stuff if you look enough. And these places will often give you first dibs, if you ask. They can tell you when they get shipments in and you can just stop by on those days and glance through the new CDs before they go out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 10:52 pm

...but alot of the cases are sticky, just watch yourself.....sticky=bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 12:42 am

PROBABLY 9000 OF MY COLLECTION CAME FROM PAWN SHOPS ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA. I CANNOT DRIVE BY ONE WITHOUT GOING IN. I'LL DRIVE 500 MILES ONE WAY TO GO ON A 2 DAY PAWN SHOPPING EXCURSION. USUALLY COME BACK WITH AT LEAST 100 CDS THAT I PAID NO MORE THAT $300 FOR. IT IS THE DEFINITION OF ADDICTION.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 12:52 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
PROBABLY 9000 OF MY COLLECTION CAME FROM PAWN SHOPS ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA. I CANNOT DRIVE BY ONE WITHOUT GOING IN. I'LL DRIVE 500 MILES ONE WAY TO GO ON A 2 DAY PAWN SHOPPING EXCURSION. USUALLY COME BACK WITH AT LEAST 100 CDS THAT I PAID NO MORE THAT $300 FOR. IT IS THE DEFINITION OF ADDICTION.
Wow! I thought I had it bad, Mr. Caps. I keep it local and spend tons of cash as it is. Haha. I can't imagine driving long distances, too. I'd need another job.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 12:21 pm

Mercyful Fate - Into The Unknown
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 12:47 pm

ICED EARTH:FRAMING ARMAGEDDON
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 1:02 pm

Through the darkest days I have wandered without the guiding light of Roger Martinez. I have endured poorly packaged reissues by KMG records, famine, pestilence, fire, flood....Only for on such an ordinary Saturday to blessed by the beauty that is.....

NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 7 DSC01837

VENGEANCE RISING - HUMAN SACRIFICE!!!! (sans sticky case)

Also in today:
Rebellion - Macbeth a Tragedy In Steel (thanks Rene!)
Crystal Eyes - World of Black and Silver (thanks Rene!)
Saxon - Unleash The Beast
and
My new issue of Our Daily Bread (thanks Protestants!)
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 1:20 pm

Congrats!! Where did you get it? I had mine stolen from me in College the very cold, cold Winter of 95-96.....have yet to find a suitable replacement.... Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 1:32 pm

An EBay vulture sold it to me for an unbelieveably steep price, but I wanted it, so I snagged it. Its my Christmas present to myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 3:44 pm

Here's what came in the mail today:

Chimaira - Chimaira *
Dirty Pearls, The - The Dirty Pearls (EP)
Integrity - To Die For *
Kinghorse - Kinghorse
Sacred Steel - Bloodlust *

* $1.75 from lala.com.

These make 831 on the year! Haha. That's just ridiculous. I wonder if I can break 1,000.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 4:26 pm

Impending Doom - Nailed.Dead.Risen (Crushing my skull right now!) LaLa
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 4:42 pm

Grave Digger - history pt 1
Metallica - Kill em all
Judas priest - jugulator

Alex

Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 5:10 pm

ICED EARTH- "Horrr Show"
SPINOUT- s/t
DEFTONES- "Around The Fur"
ZACH MYERS BAND- s/t
BLONDE ENUFF- "Whatcha' Lookin' At"

Hey, Ken PM me with a rundown of that KINGHORSE cd..what it's like and all....

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 8:35 pm

[quote="Eyesore"]
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
Badlands - Badlands (w/Bonus Track)
Eyesore, what's the bonus track?
"Ball & Chain."[quote]

That's on my copy too and I've had my copy for quite some time now. I think it was a *bonus track* on the cd format and maybe not available on cassette or vinyl back in the day. Nevertheless, cool "haul", worth the price and then some.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 8:51 pm

quite a haul today -
Rush - Permanant Waves
Genesis - We Can't Walk
Queensryche - s/t EP
Joe Satriani - Surfing With The Alien
Yngwie J. Malmsteen - Facing The Animal
Annihilator - Set The World On Fire
Terry Bozzio & Billy Sheehan - Nine Short Films
ABWH - s/t
Pleasant Shade Of Gray - Fates Warning
When Dream And Day Unite - Dream Theater (discog's complete)
Nevermore - This Godless Endeavor
Sanctuary - Into The Mirror Black
Angra - Freedom Call EP
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 8:53 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
quite a haul today -
Rush - Permanant Waves
Genesis - We Can't Walk
Queensryche - s/t EP
Joe Satriani - Surfing With The Alien
Yngwie J. Malmsteen - Facing The Animal
Annihilator - Set The World On Fire
Terry Bozzio & Billy Sheehan - Nine Short Films
ABWH - s/t
Pleasant Shade Of Gray - Fates Warning
When Dream And Day Unite - Dream Theater (discog's complete)
Nevermore - This Godless Endeavor
Sanctuary - Into The Mirror Black
Angra - Freedom Call EP

AWESOME HAUL!!!!!!

🤘
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 9:42 pm

In the Mail today:
ARTILLERY-Through the Years
HELLOWEEN-Gambling With The Devil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 7:40 am

Queensryche -Mindcrime at the Moore DVD.

Open Skyz s/t.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 7:41 am

SAXON1500 wrote:

I've seen this first hand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]
Page 7 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20 ... 33  Next