Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Matt "Heafy" Halford

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Matt "Heafy" Halford Empty
PostSubject: Matt "Heafy" Halford   Matt "Heafy" Halford Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 11:43 am

i picked up this months metal hammer last tuesday and it had an interview with matt Heafy from trivium in it.

in this interview he claims he is working on doing a raspy falsetto voice on new material

i dont have hopes of it being good cos only halford could pull it off IMHO

Last edited by on Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Matt "Heafy" Halford   Matt "Heafy" Halford Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 12:12 pm

I don't care for their first coupla cd's, but I was impressed with The Crusade, so I'll hold off judgement of future releases till I've heard 'em.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Matt "Heafy" Halford   Matt "Heafy" Halford Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 12:35 pm

i admit it will be interesting to hear for sure but it kinda sounds like they are doing it to win the old school crowd maybe
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt "Heafy" Halford   Matt "Heafy" Halford Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 12:51 pm

TheGooch wrote:
eh oh i picked up this months metal hammer last tuesday and it had an interview with matt Heafy from trivium in it.

in this interview he claims he is working on doing a raspy falsetto voice on new material

i dont have hopes of it being good
http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Matt "Heafy" Halford   Matt "Heafy" Halford Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 1:03 pm

well i found nothing about trivium but the live footage of nightwish was awesome
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Matt "Heafy" Halford   Matt "Heafy" Halford Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 1:08 pm

Eyesore wrote:
TheGooch wrote:
eh oh i picked up this months metal hammer last tuesday and it had an interview with matt Heafy from trivium in it.

i dont have hopes of it being good
[url=http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net
http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net[/quote[/url]]

I'm with the Gooch, I didn't see anything. Eyesore, were you pointing out something specific about Trivium or just providing a link to Blabbermouth?
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Matt "Heafy" Halford   Matt "Heafy" Halford Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 1:13 pm

i now have the exact quote from metal hammer.

"ive been trying to expand my vocals lately, trying to do some halford falsetto stuff but raspier. i was born a baritone but i wish i was a tenor" - matt heafy talking to metal hammer
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Matt "Heafy" Halford   Matt "Heafy" Halford Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 1:32 pm

They are moving in a better direction as they go along. Maybe one day I will buy one of their albums and enjoy it.

I love how cutting-edge bands realize the ways of the past were better as they grow older and more experienced.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Matt "Heafy" Halford   Matt "Heafy" Halford Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 1:36 pm

yeah trivium are into their old stuff to be sure
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt "Heafy" Halford   Matt "Heafy" Halford Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 1:51 pm

Haha. This thread was started to stir negative reactions against Trivium. I posted a link to the right website for that. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Matt "Heafy" Halford   Matt "Heafy" Halford Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 1:59 pm

They're Definitely moving in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Matt "Heafy" Halford   Matt "Heafy" Halford Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 2:10 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Haha. This thread was started to stir negative reactions against Trivium. I posted a link to the right website for that. Laughing

Take your "trolling" elsewhere, trouble-maker!! *shaking fist angrily in your direction*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt "Heafy" Halford   Matt "Heafy" Halford Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 2:36 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Take your "trolling" elsewhere, trouble-maker!! *shaking fist angrily in your direction*
Sad
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Matt "Heafy" Halford   Matt "Heafy" Halford Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 4:29 pm

Eyesore wrote:

hey i resent that becuase i like trivium. i have two of their albums and have seen them live twice and i have two trivium shirts and a trivium sweatshirt so no one can accuse me of stirring resentment against trivium.

i was merely telling the masses what it said in metal hammer. i dont think it would be good but i aint tryong to slag them off😠
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt "Heafy" Halford   Matt "Heafy" Halford Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 4:32 pm

TheGooch wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
hey i resent that becuase i like trivium. i have two of their albums and have seen them live twice and i have two trivium shirts and a trivium sweatshirt so no one can accuse me of stirring resentment against trivium.

i was merely telling the masses what it said in metal hammer. i dont think it would be good but i aint tryong to slag them off😠
Ok, I apologize, then. What you posted is like the stereotypical "open the floodgates" post that gets people to start talking trash. Go post that same thing on the metalreviews.com forum and you'll see a completely different reaction from the members there. Maybe it's been too long since I've been a member at a good forum, like this one.

That first post just didn't seem like you liked the band at all and were just pointing out where they'd fail again. But it's cool. I'm sorry, bro.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Matt "Heafy" Halford   Matt "Heafy" Halford Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 6:14 am

Eyesore wrote:
TheGooch wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Ok, I apologize, then. What you posted is like the stereotypical "open the floodgates" post that gets people to start talking trash. Go post that same thing on the metalreviews.com forum and you'll see a completely different reaction from the members there. Maybe it's been too long since I've been a member at a good forum, like this one.

That first post just didn't seem like you liked the band at all and were just pointing out where they'd fail again. But it's cool. I'm sorry, bro.

Apology accepted
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt "Heafy" Halford   Matt "Heafy" Halford Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 8:58 am

I like Trivium well enough. I don't know why I keep having to say this but I saw Trivium with Danzig, Kataklysm, and Eyes of Fire in the dead of an Ohio winter. After waiting outside in the cold and snow for 2 hours for Danzig just for him to say he had a cold and wasn't coming out, Matt was the only one of all those bands to come out. He brought everyone drinks, signed autographs and talked with anyone who wanted to. I hate to hear bad things about him because he did something really nice on a night that was very disappointing for a lot of long time Danzig fans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt "Heafy" Halford   Matt "Heafy" Halford Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 1:58 pm

firestar wrote:
I like Trivium well enough. I don't know why I keep having to say this but I saw Trivium with Danzig, Kataklysm, and Eyes of Fire in the dead of an Ohio winter. After waiting outside in the cold and snow for 2 hours for Danzig just for him to say he had a cold and wasn't coming out, Matt was the only one of all those bands to come out. He brought everyone drinks, signed autographs and talked with anyone who wanted to. I hate to hear bad things about him because he did something really nice on a night that was very disappointing for a lot of long time Danzig fans.
I still maintain that Trivium is a great band. Their first two albums are hard listens for me because of the screaming, but the music is killer. I don't see The Crusade as a sellout album, like people claim. I see it as honest. These guys were signed when Heafy was like 14 years old. What were you doing at 14? I know I was emulating what was popular, like every 14-year-old. Trivium, I think, was just doing the same.

And I still maintain that their new bass player had a big influence in the style shift. The dude is old school through and through.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt "Heafy" Halford   Matt "Heafy" Halford Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 2:00 pm

Eyesore wrote:
What were you doing at 14?

Masturbating. Heavily.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Matt "Heafy" Halford   Matt "Heafy" Halford Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 2:05 pm

Eyesore wrote:
And I still maintain that their new bass player had a big influence in the style shift. The dude is old school through and through.

Agreed.He really brought alot of great songwriting to the table
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Matt "Heafy" Halford   Matt "Heafy" Halford Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 2:06 pm

Eyesore wrote:

... or maybe they are just growing up and realizing the old school metal bands were better than the current metalcore scene.

That bassist was in METAL MILITIA right? They were/are a cool band.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt "Heafy" Halford   Matt "Heafy" Halford Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 2:25 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

... or maybe they are just growing up and realizing the old school metal bands were better than the current metalcore scene.
Right. When I started writing music in the late 80s it was all 80s metal cheese. I mean, I was emulating the bands I was into at the time, and I wasn't doing it good. Haha. Growing up is basically spot on, if you ask me. They're still only like 21, right? Something like that.

Quote :
That bassist was in METAL MILITIA right? They were/are a cool band.
Yeah, that is a great CD. And they were really young, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvbTkvdMj9s

You can still buy it here: http://cdbaby.com/cd/metalmilitia
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matt "Heafy" Halford   Matt "Heafy" Halford Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Matt "Heafy" Halford
Page 1 of 1