Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Once Dead Update

Go down 
+13
bigjtink
Stender
powermacho
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Thrasher73
nevermore
kmorg
scottmitchell74
mc666
T-Roy
ultmetal
Glenn Rogers
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Once Dead Update - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 10:11 am

Good for them. I hope their album tanks.
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 2:50 pm

spectrefate wrote:

Why say that???
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 2:53 pm

Rexs cover was much better.Just sayin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 2:55 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

Why say that???

I guess I was a little harsh with that comment. I just think it is super shady (sh!tty) what they have done to Rex in this cover situation. I suppose my emotions towards that clouded my judgement a bit.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 2:57 pm

hey Glenn !

was there really a Hirax show with Exodus, detente and others earlier last month in Frisco ? I was in Montana that week-end, bummer man.

Laterz
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 2:58 pm

And not only Rex. Can you believe some of us fans pre-ordered this CD when Scott was still in the band? How many members are left from that line-up? 2?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 3:50 pm

Well I agree that they dropped the ball...There is a reason why I'm not there. I have to admit I feel a little used in this whole thing.I have not heared a word from anyone until I started playing in Hirax. Even Roger Martinez contacted me to try to do something.
It's not that they are tring to ripoff anybody...The Larry thing threw a BIG wrench into the whole thing...As far as the cover thing I have no clue as to what happened...But I think what they came up with SUCKS BIG TIME!!!! Sorry Doug I had to say it...

And yes Hirax played with Exodus in SF. Go to the web site for pic,s...There is YOUTUBE footage as well...
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 3:55 pm

Glenn....

Quote :
And yes Hirax played with Exodus in SF. Go to the web site for pic,s...There is YOUTUBE footage as well...

all righty then....thumbs up
I missed out big time, I was only riding Harley's w/out a helmet. Gonna have to dig a lil deeper as to who what when and where regarding the merry, I mean Bay Area.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 4:10 pm

Quote :
Even Roger Martinez contacted me to try to do something.

Probably no one else thinks this, but this would be the best thing ever in my world. Smile
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 4:48 pm

Well, lets really get into this ,and ask the question. Is Vengeance Rising really Metal or contrived???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 4:52 pm

I'm not sure what you are asking but...

My views are that what some call "Roger Rising" had much more character than the original VR. The lyrics were more passionate. In fact they kind of overshadowed the music.

Of course, rumor has it that Roger is nuts. I don't know him to say for sure. His lyrics these days must be comedic at best but if he were to get serious about it again, a Martinez/Rogers connection seems like an awesome idea to me.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 5:03 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:
Well, lets really get into this ,and ask the question. Is Vengeance Rising really Metal or contrived???

To me contrived applies to alot of the Sanctuary bands, good players and all that but...Very rare occasion to have everything jive and seem somewhat sincere.

I saw "ALOT" of shows by both Vengeance and Vengeance Rising and for the most part it
wasn't that special thing a band strives to achieve.
It was a strange time, everyone putting alot of emphasis on ministry and evangelism. Most of the time, playing anything with heart was lost in the process. Perhaps in the begining, before individuals got side tracked and involved in themselves, Vengeance was doing something right.
What ever that means or whatever that is worth, I don't know ? I saw the same thing happen in other places, getting ripped off is ALWAYS a bummer. That in itself can mean different thing to different folks
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 5:25 pm

OK the heart was there for the message, but having been there from the beginning none of the members were really into "Metal"... When we started playing Doug and Larry were into Zep, Sabbath, Lynard Skynard ect... What we today call Classic Rock...Roger Martin was into Blues/ Southern Rock. Glen M's last band was with CC Deville. "Nuff said"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 5:30 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:
OK the heart was there for the message, but having been there from the beginning none of the members were really into "Metal"... When we started playing Doug and Larry were into Zep, Sabbath, Lynard Skynard ect... What we today call Classic Rock...Roger Martin was into Blues/ Southern Rock. Glen M's last band was with CC Deville. "Nuff said"

That is very interesting. It definitely explains the different influences that are apparent in the early days of Vengeance. What was the musical dynamic in Deliverance when you played with them?
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 5:38 pm

[quote="Glenn Rogers"]OK the heart was there for the message, but having been there from the beginning none of the members were really into "Metal"... When we started playing Doug and Larry were into Zep, Sabbath, Lynard Skynard ect... What we today call Classic Rock...Roger Martin was into Blues/ Southern Rock. Glen M's last band was with CC Deville. "Nuff said"[/quote

Ya gotta give Roga Dale some credit....he was in Emerald over in my neck of the woods before dissapearing for a while
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 6:19 pm

Maybe I should put this all in a book...I have a very clear memory of it all...Might make a good read...

Back to OD... Just hang in there, it's a good cd. I'd love to have worked with Scott, but what can I say, it was'nt my call on that one... Also, Rex sorry for the way it went down. You should get in contact with Katon and show him some of your stuff...You never know...
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 6:35 pm

Thanks Glenn, hopefully things will work out for me one way or another with this project before its all over and done.
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 7:36 pm

Hey Rex, pm me. I kinda want to know what happened.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 8:18 am

Ok, but I don't for sure know what happened myself.

PM sent.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 9:38 am

Glenn Rogers wrote:

But that is what made the sound so unique! I've of course understood over time that none of these bands were these unearthly, mystical, divine people called by God to preach to the metal masses. Not all of them anyhow. I used to think so growing up. Looking at it from the other side of the Atlantic, without internet, and barely getting to buy the albums imported, it all seemed so magical. In a way I'm sad the 'net blew that bubble for me! lol But even finding out that all these people were in it for some strange reasons, it still doesn't take anything away from the great music!

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 12:35 pm

Just for the record i hope they reinstate Rex's original cover art.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 12:37 pm

You should email them and let them know! lol!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 12:42 pm

Quote :
The lyrics were more passionate.

Spec - I agree! I love early VR but Released Upon The Earth had the best lyrics by far (In My Opinion).

Quote :
Back to OD... Just hang in there, it's a good cd.

Good deal. Every time this thread is bumped I keep thinking it's The Announcement!.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 4:18 am

So when is this thing coming out? scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 9:36 am

troublezone wrote:
So when is this thing coming out? scratch

Whatever you do, don't hold your breath. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Once Dead Update
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3