Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Once Dead Update

Go down 
+13
bigjtink
Stender
powermacho
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Thrasher73
nevermore
kmorg
scottmitchell74
mc666
T-Roy
ultmetal
Glenn Rogers
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Once Dead Update - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 8:25 am

This posted on the Once Dead board about the progress of the CD:

Quote :
OnceDeadScreamer

Jim and I made the four hour drive (eight round trip) on Sunday down to the studio in L.A. where we met with Doug, Angelo, and James (engineer). We mainly overhauled what we had...thicker on the low end, clarity and thickness on the kick and more clarity on the snare, brought up the chants, low-end growls, and high screams.

The album is basically done now. James e-mailed us seven of the ten songs for us to do a final review whether to give the thumbs-up on sending it on to Open Grave.

We'll keep you posted.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 9:24 am

Well, sounds good. Will buy this sound-unheard when it's ready. I can't imagine it not being good.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 1:12 pm

I am glad the album is done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 1:42 pm

Any chance of a Once Dead/Hirax tour, ala October 31/Deceased? Or is our fav guitarist getting, umm, "too mature" for that much work?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 1:47 pm

I thought Glenn left Once Dead. scratch
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 1:59 pm

He did. He is with HIRAX touring I guess. I heard the are going to ITALI, and when they come back, they will finish recording the new album 'el rostro de la muerte'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 2:16 pm

Too much for my pea-brain to remember.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 3:26 pm

Yes, Glenn is out of Once Dead.

I'd rather see a Hirax/Ultimatum tour! 🤘

Metal novice
Metal novice
bigjtink

Number of posts : 73

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 8:41 am

I have been priveledged to hear 3 songs. Its better than I expected. I think it will be satisfactory to all!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 8:51 am

bigjtink wrote:
I have been priveledged to hear 3 songs. Its better than I expected. I think it will be satisfactory to all!!!!!

I expect it will be great. Doug and Glenn are great songwriters. I had heard some of the early demos. Not sure which of those demos made it to the CD, but what I heard was very good.

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 8:52 am

I just hope that the vocals aren't of the screamo "modern" type. That's my only reservation about this record.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 11:10 am

ultmetal wrote:
Yes, Glenn is out of Once Dead.

I'd rather see a Hirax/Ultimatum tour! 🤘
And I would follow the band where ever they go 🤘 That would be great
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 11:16 am

spectrefate wrote:
I just hope that the vocals aren't of the screamo "modern" type. That's my only reservation about this record.
To answer you question I was able to hear a song from ONCE DEAD, and before I listened to it I was not pleased to hear a HARDCORE SINGER was going to be with ONCE DEAD, but I change my mind after hearing the song. I am happy to see MAtt trying to do some thrash vocals in the style of TOM ARAYA(slayer) 🤘
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 11:35 am

powermacho wrote:
I am happy to see MAtt trying to do some thrash vocals in the style of TOM ARAYA(slayer) 🤘

Who's Matt?
Back to top Go down
fishingd
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
fishingd

Number of posts : 297

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 11:37 am

I will be playing a new Once Dead song from there upcoming new album tonight on Metal Pulse!!

Plus a new one from Ultimatum " Mortal Stomp '08"
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 12:01 pm

fishingd wrote:
I will be playing a new Once Dead song from there upcoming new album tonight on Metal Pulse!!

I'll try and tune in for that. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
fishingd
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
fishingd

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 12:05 pm

candlemass wrote:
fishingd wrote:

I'll try and tune in for that. Cool

Hey Mark, I will be playing it in the first hour of the show!!
Back to top Go down
fishingd
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
fishingd

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 12:40 am

so what did you think of the new Once Dead songs???

How about the Ultimatum song?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 1:09 pm

What Once Dead songs did you play? Any chance they can still be heard? Is the brodcast saved anywhere? I would have loved to hear them!
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 12:35 am

I missed it. Led us know when you put them again.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 12:18 pm

Any new news?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 2:00 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Any new news?

Album release in September. You can hear 5 or 6 songs on the band's MySpace or the label's MySpace. There is another thread somewhere discussing what people like and dislike about the new songs.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 8:14 pm

What happened to the original album cover? I see them using a pic of a few rotting bodies now.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 8:45 pm

They may still use the original cover. I hope they do. It's FAR better than the rotting bodies pic. I noticed it's been changed at Firestream's Music Vault.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 10:09 am

My understanding is that the artwork will be done by this guy instead of using what I made http://www.gardenofbadthings.com/

I don't know why. I asked but got no response.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead Update   Once Dead Update - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Once Dead Update
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next