Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you beleive in ghosts?

Go down 
+10
MetalGuy71
Tall Tyrion
thejokeriv
DallasBlack
SAHB Healer
Fat Freddy
mc666
iamrockerfun
Smindas
mez
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Do you beleive in ghosts? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you beleive in ghosts?   Do you beleive in ghosts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 12:58 pm

Eyesore wrote:
mc666 wrote:
no, i do not believe in ghosts.
Assuming this is not scripted, explain it:

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYY0Bfrdt5M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYY0Bfrdt5M[/quote[/url]]

eh, he tripped? My brother did the same thing in church ones. He just stood on his feet too long, and just fell. No apparent reason.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Do you beleive in ghosts?   Do you beleive in ghosts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 4:47 pm

I believe that Ghosts and other paranormal things exist, absolutely. Anyway what your son is seeing is "normal", for the most part. Many kids/children and animals are very astute to things that are not seen by older people, I'm not sure why but it's a very common thing; eg imaginary friends. It doesn't sound like he is scared...? So that is good anyway. As he gets older he most likely won't be able to see her anymore, or he could go the opposite way and be able to see things that others can't. Ghosts are not here to hurt people or scare them, for the most part. There are a few who may have cruel intentions, but very rarely will you find those. They are just souls who haven't crossed over to the other side, heaven? Who knows.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Do you beleive in ghosts?   Do you beleive in ghosts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 5:29 pm

Well I certainly thank you all for your input, it is supportive and brings many aspects to look at.

I obvioulsy will pray about it, but for the most part I am going to leave it alone with my son. I wont bring it up unless he does to me. I wont ask anything unless there is a need.

I will say that there is a whole new perspective I have on this subject matter. I was a skeptic before and for the most part debunked anything easily. This I simply cant do. However I know God watches over my family, and with that I should fear nothing.

I guess we all have things in our lives that we could question. I as a teenager refused to partake in a seance at a party my friends were having. I didnt leave the house but went to a different part of the basement and played on the commodore 64 (yeah Im old, LOL 33 to be exact). When I heard them ask to give a sign of any presence, 3 birthday cards flew from the mantle at me. Freaked me out, but to this day I cant say weather someone rigged it or not, they swear they didnt, but again as a skeptic I always thought they did. Now I wonder.....

I will say this is not typical of my friends to have but it was a halloween thing in like 8th grade and the older brother decided to try it out with some of the folks. I am very against those things so I obviously decided to avoid it, clearly letting them know I would not. However I chose not to leave to enjoy the rest of the party once they was done with thier thing.

Also with those who have given me there thoughts be it for or against the idea of Ghosts, I thank you very much for your input.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you beleive in ghosts?   Do you beleive in ghosts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 6:28 pm

kmorg wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
mc666 wrote:
no, i do not believe in ghosts.
Assuming this is not scripted, explain it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYY0Bfrdt5M
eh, he tripped? My brother did the same thing in church ones. He just stood on his feet too long, and just fell. No apparent reason.
Nope. It's harder to see with YouTubes crappy compression, but that dude was standing straight up, not moving at all, and that bag went right up and hit him in the face, knocking him down.

The guy was petrified, and couldn't move for like 45 minutes they said. It looked totally real to me.

Here's a better clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mrre1bOUEUU
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you beleive in ghosts?   Do you beleive in ghosts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 6:44 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
That's also one that I cannot swallow. Too many logistical problems toovercome. I don't care how advanced your technology is, you WILL obeythe laws of physics.
Our "laws" don't apply to the universe, regardless of what humans will say. Time travel is impossible, right? Yet now it's nearly being done at a sub-atomic level. The Japanese have invented an invisibility cloak!

Physics? Pffft!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you beleive in ghosts?   Do you beleive in ghosts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 6:54 pm

I try not to be naive enough to believe anything blindly.

I also try not to be arrogant to the point of not having the ability to believe in something.

I completely believe in the possibility of ghosts. Things happen that science can't debunk such as EVPs, and there are too many personal experiences for it to be purely mass hysterics.

But on the other hand, some people go overboard. To the point of calling dust particles caught in an air current "ectoplasm".

Despite the large amount of flakes in the world that take things overboard, I believe that there are too many sane, trustworthy people that have had experiences.

To look to the Bible for an explanation for this activity is like looking in a cookbook for directions on how to fix a leaky sink. I admire one who has strong enough faith to trust in the Lord for most things, but I believe God has also provided us the ability to make up our own minds and draw our own conclusions on a myriad of subjects.

My two cents................

PS. I want one of those invisibilty cloaks.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Do you beleive in ghosts?   Do you beleive in ghosts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 8:32 pm

I've never seen anything paranormal and tend to not believe in ghosts,but I guess its possible.I believe in angels and demons so I guess it wouldnt be so far fetched.I believe the soul goes to either Heaven or Hell when a body dies.And if there is a spirit wandering around down here,God must be allowing it to do some unfinished business.Just my crazy thoughts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you beleive in ghosts?   Do you beleive in ghosts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 9:06 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
I've never seen anything paranormal and tend to not believe in ghosts,but I guess its possible.I believe in angels and demons so I guess it wouldnt be so far fetched.I believe the soul goes to either Heaven or Hell when a body dies.And if there is a spirit wandering around down here,God must be allowing it to do some unfinished business.Just my crazy thoughts.
Ghosts could be people that died of alzheimers. They may have wandered off from the group on their way to heaven or hell and gotten lost. Maybe that's why they do dumb things like move lamps and knock things over. Could be that ghosts are just lost...and stupid.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Do you beleive in ghosts?   Do you beleive in ghosts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 11:26 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Ghosts could be people that died of alzheimers. They may have wandered off from the group on their way to heaven or hell and gotten lost. Maybe that's why they do dumb things like move lamps and knock things over. Could be that ghosts are just lost...and stupid.

You might be on to something there...for instance Samuel, when summoned in 1 Samuel 28 retains the features of old age. The medium describes him as an old man, wearing his old robe, and the first thing he says is "why did you disturb me?" (which is exactly what most old timers I know tend to say upon being awakened). I don't mean to make light of it, but there is precedent for old people making for old ghosts there.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Do you beleive in ghosts?   Do you beleive in ghosts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 11:53 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:
That's also one that I cannot swallow. Too many logistical problems toovercome. I don't care how advanced your technology is, you WILL obeythe laws of physics.
Our "laws" don't apply to the universe, regardless of what humans will say.

I'm waiting for you to show your utter disdain for the law of gravity..... BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Razz

Quote :

Time travel is impossible, right? Yet now it's nearly being done at a sub-atomic level.

I never said that time travel was impossible. I believe it might be possible, but the fact remains that inter-stellar travel is impossible for a physical being. Theory is one thing, but either the journey would a)take too long or if you sped it up to bring it within the realm of the life span of any physical creature, it would b)kill the space traveller pretty quickly.

Quote :
The Japanese have invented an invisibility cloak!

Pffft! They look green, not invisible. It's a cool invention, but hardly an invisibility cloak.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Do you beleive in ghosts?   Do you beleive in ghosts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 11:55 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
and the first thing he says is "why did you disturb me?" (which is exactly what most old timers I know tend to say upon being awakened). I don't mean to make light of it, but there is precedent for old people making for old ghosts there.

When I was young, we were afraid to disturb the dead........

AND WE LIKED IT!! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you beleive in ghosts?   Do you beleive in ghosts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 1:35 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:
Our "laws" don't apply to the universe, regardless of what humans will say.
I'm waiting for you to show your utter disdain for the law of gravity..... BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Razz

Quote :

Time travel is impossible, right? Yet now it's nearly being done at a sub-atomic level.
I never said that time travel was impossible. I believe it might be possible, but the fact remains that inter-stellar travel is impossible for a physical being. Theory is one thing, but either the journey would a)take too long or if you sped it up to bring it within the realm of the life span of any physical creature, it would b)kill the space traveller pretty quickly.

Quote :
The Japanese have invented an invisibility cloak!
Pffft! They look green, not invisible. It's a cool invention, but hardly an invisibility cloak.
Haha. Well, my point was that things that were once deemed impossible are now not so impossible, you know?
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Do you beleive in ghosts?   Do you beleive in ghosts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 5:28 am

no i do not beleive in ghosts but i do believe in aliens
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Do you beleive in ghosts?   Do you beleive in ghosts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 8:40 am

TheGooch wrote:
no i do not beleive in ghosts but i do believe in aliens

What about alien ghosts? Smile
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Do you beleive in ghosts?   Do you beleive in ghosts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 11:51 am

come on thats taking the mickey. no i dont belive in alien ghosts
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Do you beleive in ghosts?   Do you beleive in ghosts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 5:58 am

TheGooch wrote:

Then you could never become a scientologist!! LOL!! Cause they pretty much beleive in that.

lol!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Do you beleive in ghosts?   Do you beleive in ghosts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 6:03 am

mez wrote:
TheGooch wrote:

Then you could never become a scientologist!! LOL!! Cause they pretty much beleive in that.

lol!

oh good i dont want to end up like tom cruise aka weird middle aged man
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Do you beleive in ghosts?   Do you beleive in ghosts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 12:29 am

Eyesore wrote:

Haha. Well, my point was that things that were once deemed impossible are now not so impossible, you know?

Yeah, I getcha....

But in this house, we OBEY THE LAWS OF THERMODYNAMICS!!!

Do you beleive in ghosts? - Page 2 HomerGP15
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Do you beleive in ghosts?   Do you beleive in ghosts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 7:51 am

whats with homer?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you beleive in ghosts?   Do you beleive in ghosts? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you beleive in ghosts?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2