Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blackmore's Night

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

blackmore s night - Blackmore's Night Empty
PostSubject: Blackmore's Night   blackmore s night - Blackmore's Night Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 3:32 am

Any fans here? My friend has been telling me to listen to them for ages now, but I've never given them a shot. Now I've been offered the upcoming CD/DVD release Paris Moon for review and I figure this a great chance to check them out. Of course, the closest thing I have to this style is Burn Witch Burn, a band that features Rodney Anonymous from The Dead Milkmen! Haha. Similar, but maybe not quite the same. It'll be a challenging review for me, I think.

So what is your opinion on this band? I'm curious.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Blackmore's Night   blackmore s night - Blackmore's Night Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 7:03 am

They are very much into medieval music and i think it's cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blackmore's Night   blackmore s night - Blackmore's Night Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 7:17 am

Being a huge Blackmore fan (both in girth and substance) I can't say I was much impressed by what I have heard. But if "medieval" music is your bag, it's probably the best of that genre that I have heard.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Blackmore's Night   blackmore s night - Blackmore's Night Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 7:36 am

I'll find out if I like them Nov. 23 as that's the day Winter Carols get unwrapped. I've been holding off on that for about 8 months now!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Blackmore's Night   blackmore s night - Blackmore's Night Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 8:15 am

This band is just not my thing. What I heard just wasn't something that held my interest. Obviously Blackmore is an incredible talent, but it's just not in my range of taste.

ult

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Blackmore's Night   blackmore s night - Blackmore's Night Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 9:45 am

ultmetal wrote:
This band is just not my thing. What I heard just wasn't something that held my interest. Obviously Blackmore is an incredible talent, but it's just not in my range of taste.

ult

I'm with you, Ult. From the little I've heard, it's too much mandolin and fiddles for me.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Blackmore's Night   blackmore s night - Blackmore's Night Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 10:27 am

Candace Night is cute, but other than that... meh.

Sounds like the house band at a Medieval Times restaurant, or perhaps a Renaissance festival or Dungeons & Dragons convention
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blackmore's Night   blackmore s night - Blackmore's Night Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 1:17 pm

Great! Now I'm not looking forward to reviewing it. Haha. I do, however, think this may be good thinking music as I write my epic fantasy novels. Haha. Who knows!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blackmore's Night   blackmore s night - Blackmore's Night Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blackmore's Night
Page 1 of 1