Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024

Go down 
+4
Leatherface
nevermore
Fat Freddy
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39565

TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 8:12 pm

Paranormal Caught On Camera
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 9:17 pm

"Jack of All Trades" (2018)

The son of a big time 1980s sports card dealer discovers a large stash of his estranged Dad's collection and thinks he's hit the jackpot, but when he tries to sell the cards, he learns that they are basically worthless in the 21st century. This leads him on a quest to find out why and how the multi-million dollar sports card business collapsed during the 1990s, and also to re-connect with his father, whom he hasn't seen or spoken to in 20 years. I would've preferred if this documentary kept its focus on the hobby and spent less time on the soap opera family drama stuff, but it was still a decent watch.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12615

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2024 11:37 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
This leads him on a quest to find out why and how the multi-million dollar sports card business collapsed during the 1990s

I always thought it was just means to launder cash. Did that get any mention in the documentary portion?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2024 5:04 pm

James B. wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
This leads him on a quest to find out why and how the multi-million dollar sports card business collapsed during the 1990s

I always thought it was just means to launder cash.  Did that get any mention in the documentary portion?

Not exactly, but there was some talk about how card companies like Upper Deck gamed the collector market by mass producing so called "rare" cards, like the infamous Ken Griffey Jr. rookie card. So thousands of people paid thru the nose for one of these "rarities," all thinking they were gonna make a mint selling it years down the road.
So flash forward a few decades, all these collectors are grown ups and looking to cash in, and they're all trying to sell the exact same cards and the market got flooded with tons of junk.

The same thing happened in comic books in the early 90s.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2024 9:36 am

The Jeffersons
Taxi
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2024 10:36 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Not exactly, but there was some talk about how card companies like Upper Deck gamed the collector market by mass producing so called "rare" cards, like the infamous Ken Griffey Jr. rookie card. So thousands of people paid thru the nose for one of these "rarities," all thinking they were gonna make a mint selling it years down the road.
So flash forward a few decades, all these collectors are grown ups and looking to cash in, and they're all trying to sell the exact same cards and the market got flooded with tons of  junk.

The same thing happened in comic books in the early 90s.

Thanks for the info

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2024 5:55 am

America's Most Wanted
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18924

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2024 11:09 pm

Monday Night Raw
AEW Dynamite
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2024 10:40 am

There's Something Wrong With The Children (2023)

A group of friends go on a trip to rental cabins deep in the woods. After a hike, and a discovery of an old fort, the one couple's 2 children disappear overnight and are witnessed by the other guy to jump into a deep pit inside the fort. However, they turn up back at the camps unharmed. But soon, the guy that witnessed their jump begins seeing them acting rather sinisterly, and no one believes him until it may be too late. Although this has a familiar tone to it, it's done rather well and was entertaining to watch.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2024 3:26 pm

Smackdown
AEW Rampage
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2024 7:43 pm

Paranormal Caught On Camera
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2024 9:42 pm

Super Bowl XLVIII
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2024 12:41 pm

007 wrote:
Super Bowl XLVIII

I watched it too.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2024 11:06 pm

Linda Lovelace For President.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2024 10:49 am

Trying to finish up Deadwood- Season Three.

Man this show had great beginnings. The dialogue was integral, but a back drop to what was going on. Then the dialogue started getting non-sensical to the degree of absurdity. Reminded me of a western themed Tourniquet album.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2024 10:17 am

Last night I watched "The Wrestler", "Apache Junction", and "Knockaround Guys"

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2024 10:35 am

All In The Family
Taxi
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2024 11:29 am

Nightwing (1979)

Nature strikes back film about a colony of vampire bats terrorizing the New Mexico countryside, killing livestock and people along the way. It's up to a reservation sheriff, his doctor girlfriend and a british chiropterologist to put an end to them. A rather slow movinf film, with plenty of subplots and native american mysticl mumbo jumbo on top of that. Not a terrible film, but also not that great.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2024 6:43 pm

Monday Night Raw
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2024 6:56 pm

"Freelance" (2023)

A former Army Special Forces operative (John Cena) takes a freelance security gig, accompanying a lady reporter (Alison Brie) to a troubled South American nation to interview their President. As soon as they arrive, an attempted coup against El Presidente throws the trip into chaos.
Cena tries hard, but the first half of this action comedy is better than the second half, when it gets bogged down with too many double- and triple-crosses until it just turns into a big, loud, ultra-violent muddle. I've seen worse, but I've also seen lots better.

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2024 7:36 pm

Finished "Aviator" that I began watching last night.

A private citizen would never get away with what Hughes did in the Hearings brought up by Senator Brewster in current times. I read the transcripts years ago and it is one of the first times we see the government being manipulated by corporate interests on such a large scale. TV was a new medium at the time, and things changed drastically afterwards. (IMO) If Hughes had not been neutered via his mental issues, they would have taken dude out.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2024 11:23 am

Watched "Out For A Kill", another wash/rinse/repeat Stevie Seagal flick.   The only "new" thing was him fighting some guy who fought like a monkey, but more like an Oz Monkey cause he flew. Laughing very hard

The other WTF moment was Stevie's character (An expert Professor in ancient Chinese archeology) told his assistant at a dig on location in China that the artifacts they were digging up were used to put ashes of the deceased into and were made of a jade (precious stone) but when he put the two piece ensembles together for storage to ship they clanked like metal. Laughing very hard

Stevie had his usual fuzzy hair cummerbund on the back of his noggin. afro

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2024 2:38 pm

AEW Dynamite
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2024 9:39 pm

"The Greatest Night in Pop" (2024)

This Netflix documentary looks back at the making of the all-star charity single "We Are the World" by USA For Africa, which amazingly was recorded in a single all-night marathon studio session after the 1985 American Music Awards. Some good stories are told and the vintage clips from the event made me go "Oh yea, I forgot that so-and-so was there" several times.

Side note: I have always wondered how the heck Dan Aykroyd wound up with an invite to the USA For Africa session. Unfortunately this doc does not explain it. I know Dan had a musical side as a Blues Brother, but somehow I can't picture Quincy Jones saying "OK, we've got Michael Jackson, Lionel Richie, Cyndi Lauper, Billy Joel, Bob Dylan, Dionne Warwick, and Bruce Springsteen... but you know who would really put this thing over the top? The Bass-O-Matic Guy!" Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2024 10:11 pm

Halfway through Season 1 of "24".

So far, I dig the concept of the show (Real Time)...

The jury is still out on the rest of it.
I chuckle thinking they should have used "A Day In The Life" as theme tune like that one show did with that Who tune.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next