Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heard that Saxon has a new tune out...

Go down 
+6
Lari
Gilbert
nevermore
Witchfinder
James B.
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

Heard that Saxon has a new tune out... Empty
PostSubject: Heard that Saxon has a new tune out...   Heard that Saxon has a new tune out... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2023 11:34 pm

I have not heard it yet

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7610

PostSubject: Re: Heard that Saxon has a new tune out...   Heard that Saxon has a new tune out... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2023 12:52 am

Here's the new single:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25807

PostSubject: Re: Heard that Saxon has a new tune out...   Heard that Saxon has a new tune out... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2023 2:28 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Here's the new single:

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: Heard that Saxon has a new tune out...   Heard that Saxon has a new tune out... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2023 4:32 pm

Falling behind on this band
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9875

PostSubject: Re: Heard that Saxon has a new tune out...   Heard that Saxon has a new tune out... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2023 3:41 pm

That's a blind purchase.

Awesome track headbanger headbanger .

nevermore and Lari like this post

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6329

PostSubject: Re: Heard that Saxon has a new tune out...   Heard that Saxon has a new tune out... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2024 8:57 pm

New album will be out in two weeks time.

Heard that Saxon has a new tune out... Saxonh10
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Heard that Saxon has a new tune out...   Heard that Saxon has a new tune out... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2024 6:53 pm

I got early access to the album because I’m reviewing it.

Let’s just say it smokes. Saxon just keeps hitting home runs. I don’t know how they keep up such a streak.

I’d prefer an Oxford comma in the title, though. Take note, Biff.

Lari likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Heard that Saxon has a new tune out...   Heard that Saxon has a new tune out... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2024 2:12 pm

Oxford comma is completely unnecessary there, plus nobody in England uses it. What bothers me is the capitalized 'a' in 'and'.

Coolest Saxon album cover is still Unleash the Beast.

scottmitchell74 and MetallicSeminarian like this post

Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Heard that Saxon has a new tune out...   Heard that Saxon has a new tune out... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2024 1:49 pm

People in England also call fries “chips.” It’s a lawless wasteland over there.

I’ve liked most Saxon covers, but UtB is one of the best.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Heard that Saxon has a new tune out...   Heard that Saxon has a new tune out... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2024 10:15 am

It's out this week.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Heard that Saxon has a new tune out...   Heard that Saxon has a new tune out... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2024 11:01 am

New single out today - "There's Something In Roswell"

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

PostSubject: Re: Heard that Saxon has a new tune out...   Heard that Saxon has a new tune out... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2024 11:03 am

^^ Hah, I just finished watching that video and was about to post it.

...I see Brian Tatler (Diamond Head) on guitar! Did he play on the new album? I thought he was just a touring hired guy?

Also: Biff Byford turned 73 (!) yesterday. Happy B-day Biff.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Heard that Saxon has a new tune out...   Heard that Saxon has a new tune out... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2024 11:20 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

...I see Brian Tatler (Diamond Head) on guitar! Did he play on the new album? I thought he was just a touring hired guy?

lol!

I don't think Tatler played on the album, but I'm not sure. Biff's voice is still great at 73! What a legend.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Heard that Saxon has a new tune out...   Heard that Saxon has a new tune out... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2024 11:50 am

Sounds exactly like what Saxon sounded like 44 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Heard that Saxon has a new tune out...   Heard that Saxon has a new tune out... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2024 7:06 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

lol!

I don't think Tatler played on the album, but I'm not sure. Biff's voice is still great at 73! What a legend.

I just opened my copy of the album and Brian Tatler did indeed play on the album. Paul Quinn added guitars on the songs "Fire And Steel" and "Super Charger."
Back to top Go down
FoJ
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: Heard that Saxon has a new tune out...   Heard that Saxon has a new tune out... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 4:20 pm

The new album is a banger!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25807

PostSubject: Re: Heard that Saxon has a new tune out...   Heard that Saxon has a new tune out... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 10:07 pm

Waiting on my copy to arrive.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Heard that Saxon has a new tune out...   Heard that Saxon has a new tune out... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 10:13 am

FoJ wrote:
The new album is a banger!

Old bass player is a banger too, a F 'n kid banger. Heard that Saxon has a new tune out... 352445
Piece of human Heard that Saxon has a new tune out... 288219 was convicted for having sex with a 6 year old girl back in the 90's.
WTF is wrong with people?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28414

PostSubject: Re: Heard that Saxon has a new tune out...   Heard that Saxon has a new tune out... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:27 am

Ugh. I read about that yesterday. It made me upset, angry, and disgusted.

I'm pretty sure the only Saxon albums I'm going to be listening to from here on in are the ones he doesn't play on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: Heard that Saxon has a new tune out...   Heard that Saxon has a new tune out... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 5:15 pm

Sick bastard. But that won't preclude me from listening to the Saxon albums he appeared on.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Heard that Saxon has a new tune out...   Heard that Saxon has a new tune out... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 10:10 pm

007 wrote:
Sick bastard. But that won't preclude me from listening to the Saxon albums he appeared on.

Same here headbanger

I'd imagine getting @$$ raped would just get him off. So let us hope the prison yard justice system runs it's course and he get some iron supplements...  right in the side of his neck. cool

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

PostSubject: Re: Heard that Saxon has a new tune out...   Heard that Saxon has a new tune out... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 9:16 pm

Yeah that's pretty F'd up about Dawson. Of course, he played on all the early Saxon albums that I really like, dammit.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Heard that Saxon has a new tune out...   Heard that Saxon has a new tune out... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 11:12 pm

Is there any hope that the band could maybe remove his basslines from the mixes of the albums he played on and have them be redone by someone else, so his contributions can be removed? Not a re-recording of the album otherwise, just having his parts redone by someone else in a remaster of some kind.

I really hope that this can be done.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Heard that Saxon has a new tune out...   Heard that Saxon has a new tune out... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2024 3:33 am

Required Fields wrote:
Is there any hope that the band could maybe remove his basslines from the mixes of the albums he played on and have them be redone by someone else, so his contributions can be removed? Not a re-recording of the album otherwise, just having his parts redone by someone else in a remaster of some kind.

I really hope that this can be done.

They already did Heavy Metal Thunder about 20 years ago, with re-recorded classics. It was really good too. You should listen to that.

Dawson hasn't been in the band for like 38 years or something, and their catalogue after him is good and vast.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Heard that Saxon has a new tune out...   Heard that Saxon has a new tune out... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2024 1:15 pm

I'm aware of the re-recordings release from the early 2000s. I'm saying that the band should really consider rereleasing the 1979-1985 albums with the basslines removed and re-recorded (while everything else remains exactly the same) to omit Dawson's parts, so people can enjoy them without having to have his involvement on them. Plus, he wouldn't get to make a penny off of any future album sales that way.

I've come across people who said they can now only listen to the post-1985 albums because of the news. (Though they've been very busy in that timeframe, with 20 studio releases since then, including their covers and re-recordings releases. So at least their whole catalog isn't tainted.) Removing Dawson's parts and re-recording them might help these people feel OK to listen to those albums again, and make future fans less reluctant to buy those albums, since those are their most popular studio albums.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heard that Saxon has a new tune out...   Heard that Saxon has a new tune out... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heard that Saxon has a new tune out...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next