Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory"

Go down 
+14
Nomadic Drifter
Witchfinder
Mac & Cheese
MoonChild
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
mlotek
Lari
Boris2008
80s Metal Lady
martinsane
chewie
brokentulsa
Thelemech
James B.
18 posters

"Power and the Glory"
Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory" Vote_lcap52%Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory" Vote_rcap
 52% [ 11 ]
"Redline"
Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory" Vote_lcap5%Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory" Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
"Warrior"
Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory" Vote_lcap0%Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory" Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
"Nightmare"
Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory" Vote_lcap0%Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory" Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
"This Town Rocks"
Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory" Vote_lcap19%Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory" Vote_rcap
 19% [ 4 ]
"Watching the Sky"
 0% [ 0 ]
"Midas Touch"
Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory" Vote_lcap5%Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory" Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
"The Eagle Has Landed"
Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory" Vote_lcap19%Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory" Vote_rcap
 19% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 21

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory" Empty
PostSubject: Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory"   Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory" Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 10:53 pm

So far the obvious choices have been made for favorite/best songs. I expect the title track to win this poll. There are so many great jams on this album. (IMHO)

My choice is "The Eagle HAs Landed"

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory"   Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory" Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 11:13 pm

Such a fantastic album - all the songs are great. My favorite though is Redline.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory"   Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory" Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 11:15 pm

This town rocks...
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory"   Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory" Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 11:37 pm

I've always loved This Town.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory"   Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory" Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 12:46 am

Love this album through and through, however the cassette copy I played into oblivion growing up had Suzi Hold On on it instead of Midas Touch. Years later I got the Japanese import cd with Midas Touch and was very sad Suzi was mia...

My vote is Eagle, then Power, than Watching the Sky, but again the entire disc is amazing!
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory"   Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory" Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 12:52 am

Gotta go with the title track, although I also really dig "Warrior."
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory"   Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory" Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 3:40 am

I haven't really gone with the obvious on the polls for SAOTL or D&L but I'm going to here as I think it's a great track on a disappointing album. It's also likely to be the last one I vote on as I stopped at this point with Saxon.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6328

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory"   Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory" Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 7:02 am

I'm a soldier of fortune -
I'm trained and I'm ready to kill
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory"   Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory" Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 9:08 am

"This Town Rocks"
Perfect album. Just picked the song that made me want to get it.
I like all Saxon albums, but I LOVE this one.

hey, just noticed "Suzi Hold On" is missing. I guess the Carrere Records Canadian cassette was different.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6328

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory"   Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory" Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 9:18 am

Next one is Crusader... I wonder what song will win Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory"   Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory" Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 12:59 pm

Lari wrote:
Next one is Crusader... I wonder what song will win Laughing very hard

Well, I know at least one vote will not be for the title track [my vote]. Wink
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory"   Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory" Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 3:41 pm

mlotek wrote:

hey, just noticed "Suzi Hold On" is missing. I guess the Carrere Records Canadian cassette was different.

The vinyl I own doesn't have "Suzi Hold On". It is on the cd that Uncle Nut-Sax sold me a few years back.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory"   Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory" Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 5:30 pm

Nut-Sax! haha Classic!
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory"   Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory" Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 3:03 am

Power and Glory for me.
Back to top Go down
Mac & Cheese
Metal novice
Metal novice
Mac & Cheese

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory"   Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory" Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 9:14 am

I agree with James. The Eagle Has Landed
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory"   Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory" Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 10:28 am

The title track for me. It's definitely my favorite Saxon song. Even if the riff is a rip off:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Nomadic Drifter
Metal novice
Metal novice
Nomadic Drifter

Number of posts : 77

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory"   Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory" Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 1:38 pm

First vote for Midas Touch here. If this was 1984 my answer would be different, but I'm answering honestly and this one really appeals to me now.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory"   Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory" Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 11:00 pm

"Power And The Glory" is pulling away! Very Happy

I guess I could've put in the one vote for "Warrior" after all.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory"   Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory" Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 11:41 pm

POWER AND THE GLORY!!!
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory"   Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory" Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2016 2:01 pm

"Victim of Changes"
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory"   Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory" Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2016 4:01 pm

I was the sole vote for Redline.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory"   Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 1:39 pm

"The Eagle has landed", followed by "Power and the Glory".

Good album, but to this point, Power and the Glory ranks behind Denim and Leather and Wheels of Steel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory"   Best tune on Saxon's "Power And The Glory" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1