Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Feedback wanted

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
joer6571
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 7

Feedback wanted Empty
PostSubject: Feedback wanted   Feedback wanted Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2023 3:43 pm

Just wanted to say hello, and hope that some of you would consider checking out my music.  I'm a one-man band and I don't have fancy recording equipment but I believe in my music and sharing it.  So if you'd have a listen I'd appreciate it, I'm on just about every streaming service and my name on Bandcamp is joerobinson2. I know I can't post links so this is the best I can do. Still finding my way around here, cool forum.

Thanks,
Joe
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Feedback wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feedback wanted   Feedback wanted Icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2023 1:42 am

Are you the guy from Kings Mountain, Kentucky?

https://joerobinson2.bandcamp.com/album/my-technology

Your “My Technology” album is pretty good. I like the guitar sound! Very 80’s and melodic like Ratt and Motley Crue. Your voice is similar to Rik Emmett from Triumph mixed with Mike Howe. I would recommend you lean more in the Mike Howe direction.

Overall I’m pleasantly surprised. It’s quality stuff. If you could get a good backing band, you could do well playing live.

Best wishes. You have my support!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Feedback wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feedback wanted   Feedback wanted Icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2023 1:55 am

Actually, come to think of it… you should get in touch with Shawn Pelata from “Line of Fire”. His music is very similar to what you do. Maybe compare notes or collaborate.

https://tribunalrecords.bandcamp.com/album/momentum
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Feedback wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feedback wanted   Feedback wanted Icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2023 2:08 am

Tracks: 1,2,8 and 10 are my favorites.
Back to top Go down
joer6571
Metal novice
Metal novice

Feedback wanted Empty
PostSubject: Thanks   Feedback wanted Icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2023 5:32 am

Thanks man, I really appreciate that

Joe

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Feedback wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feedback wanted   Feedback wanted Icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2023 7:00 am

Your “Faith” and “No Boundary” albums are also quite good.

I’m not sure if you were influenced by them… but there seems to be a strong Petra vibe (Beyond Belief era). Maybe some Rush too. Very melodic!

Last edited by Troublezone on Tue May 09, 2023 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Feedback wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feedback wanted   Feedback wanted Icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2023 7:25 am

Some melodic non-metal bands I like:

Journey
Rush
King’s X (heavy rock)
The Fixx
Tears for Fears

I’m not a big prog guy, but I also like tunes from:

Yes
Asia
Kansas
Genesis
Back to top Go down
joer6571
Metal novice
Metal novice

Feedback wanted Empty
PostSubject: Thanks again   Feedback wanted Icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2023 3:32 pm

Hey man,

Love the feedback, I wouldn't say Petra is an influence but I have heard them and can see some similarity in a way but certainly not intentional...back in the day I listened to everyone, bought circus mag and metal edge...hung the posters up and knew all the band members by name. I guess a lot of us around here was like that at one time or another growing up, here I am rambling on LOL. Thank you for all the feedback it's great to be heard you know? Please spread the word and let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

Thanks again,
Joe

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Feedback wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feedback wanted   Feedback wanted Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2023 3:33 am

No problem!

I’m not sure if this part of the site gets much attention, but I hope some other people (even lurkers) check out your music. I joined your following over at Bandcamp. Smile
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12611

Feedback wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feedback wanted   Feedback wanted Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2023 4:07 pm

Do you record straight "digital" or is some of sourced analog, then to digital?

Asking for a friend. Laughing very hard

I recently got a box full of Japanese released melodic hard rock cds. (FM/Drive, She Said/Crown Of Thorns/ and others) Band I missed out on back then. So I am interested in, and plan on checking out your tunes. Based on what TZ said about them.

Laterz

Metal novice
Metal novice

Feedback wanted Empty
PostSubject: Digital   Feedback wanted Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2023 5:01 pm

Hey there,

Good question, "Faith" and "Heart of Stone" were both recorded direct to computer via audio interface.
The program I used was mostly Powertracks Pro, (because of the drums) then ported over to Protools for mixing etc. I did use outboard effect (Johnson J Station) on the guitar.

"My Technology" was recorded on a Foster 16 track digital recorder and mixed on computer, same effects on the guitar but I used a Zoom drum machine for the drums which worked out much better.

Now I plan on using GarageBand and maybe Reaper for my DAW, through a Maudio Solo interface for my future recordings as I'm moving to 24 bit instead of 16 which everything previously was recorded. I can mention additional gear that I use if that would help.

Thanks for stopping by, this is fun.
Joe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Feedback wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feedback wanted   Feedback wanted Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Feedback wanted
Page 1 of 1