Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battle of the city songs

Go down 
+5
Wrecked Neck
Fat Freddy
nevermore
Troublezone
9 posters

Which do you like better?
Joe Walsh - In the City
Battle of the city songs Vote_lcap67%Battle of the city songs Vote_rcap
 67% [ 8 ]
Glenn Frey - You Belong to the City
Battle of the city songs Vote_lcap33%Battle of the city songs Vote_rcap
 33% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Battle of the city songs Empty
PostSubject: Battle of the city songs   Battle of the city songs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 25, 2023 7:17 pm

Eagle vs Eagle

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the city songs   Battle of the city songs Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2023 6:57 am

Went with Mr. Walsh.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the city songs   Battle of the city songs Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2023 6:59 am

Hah, I havent' heard that Joe Walsh song in years.
Lately I've been hearing "You Belong To The City" several times a week on the in-store Muzak at work.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39570

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the city songs   Battle of the city songs Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2023 7:33 am

Joe Walsh
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the city songs   Battle of the city songs Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2023 1:02 pm

Having just seen John Wick IV, and seeing the really cool homage to The Warriors I have to pick Joe Walsh. Plus it’s a good song, the other one not so much lol
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the city songs   Battle of the city songs Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2023 5:49 pm

Gotta go with Joe Walsh!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the city songs   Battle of the city songs Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2023 12:16 am

I like both songs. But sometimes I enjoy the melodic beat of 80’s pop. Plus I like Glenn’s voice a bit better. That said, I could easily change my mind a few weeks from now. Walsh always had a cool guitar sound.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the city songs   Battle of the city songs Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2023 12:31 am

Also you can hear the obvious shift from the traditional rock of the 70’s to the keyboard driven sound of the 80’s. While some bands like Van Halen and Journey combined them together.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the city songs   Battle of the city songs Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2023 12:33 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Having just seen John Wick IV, and seeing the really cool homage to The Warriors I have to pick Joe Walsh. Plus it’s a good song, the other one not so much lol

I’ve never seen any of the John Wick movies, but I gotta see that Warriors tribute!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the city songs   Battle of the city songs Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2023 2:24 am

Definitely Glenn Frey!
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the city songs   Battle of the city songs Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2023 8:53 am

Troublezone wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

I’ve never seen any of the John Wick movies, but I gotta see that Warriors tribute!

Well the movie itself was ok. It was too much for too long. But the tribute was kinda cool. Wasn’t expecting it that’s for sure.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12615

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the city songs   Battle of the city songs Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2023 8:45 am

At least "We Built This City" was not an option. Laughing very hard

Is there a difference between the Joe Walsh version of "In The City" on "The Warriors" soundtrack and what was on "The Long Run" album by the Eagles ?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3170

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the city songs   Battle of the city songs Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2023 6:32 am

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the city songs   Battle of the city songs Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2023 2:07 pm

Glower wrote:

I’d take the original AC/DC version. Bon Scott was the best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the city songs   Battle of the city songs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle of the city songs
Page 1 of 1