Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battle Jackets

Go down 
+13
nevermore
Troublezone
Thrasher73
corplhicks
Required Fields
the sentinel
Witchfinder
Lari
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
Shawn Of Fire
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Battle Jackets Empty
PostSubject: Battle Jackets   Battle Jackets Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 8:03 pm

I am on the cusp of Fitty, but I am in process of putting together the second "Battle Jacket" of my life time. I already have everything I need except that my seamstress is kinda slow. You got one? Post a pic! I will in a week or two and it will kick yours' ass...possibly. Maybe not. Let's find out!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Battle Jackets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Battle Jackets Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 8:46 am

I have a black denim jacket I plan to turn into one for stagewear...got a few patches/pins for it.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

Battle Jackets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Battle Jackets Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 10:30 am

I need to get one. Too many concerts heading to my shores (that is a first!).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

Battle Jackets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Battle Jackets Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 10:02 am

I haven't owned a denim jacket in years but I still have all the patches that used to be on the one I wore in high school/college.
Every so often I entertain the idea of buying a new jacket and putting all those patches on it but have never gotten around to it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Battle Jackets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Battle Jackets Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 12:12 pm

As I'm closing in on the big 5-0, I think I'd look pretty ridiculous in a patch-clad denim these days.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Battle Jackets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Battle Jackets Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 12:52 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
As I'm closing in on the big 5-0, I think I'd look pretty ridiculous in a patch-clad denim these days.

That's partly the reason why I haven't done it...with my paunch and my male pattern baldness, someone might mistake me for Eddie Trunk. affraid

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Battle Jackets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Battle Jackets Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 1:06 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

That's partly the reason why I haven't done it...with my paunch and my male pattern baldness, someone might mistake me for Eddie Trunk. affraid

For me, it's mostly because my kids are just teetering on the age of being sarcastic pre-teens. The days of "my dad's the coolest" is slowly turning into "Geez dad, nice _______ (haircut, sneakers, t-shirt, etc.)". I can just hear their eye rolls now. Laughing

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Battle Jackets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Battle Jackets Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 1:27 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

For me, it's mostly because my kids are just teetering on the age of being sarcastic pre-teens. The days of "my dad's the coolest" is slowly turning into "Geez dad, nice _______ (haircut, sneakers, t-shirt, etc.)". I can just hear their eye rolls now. Laughing  

That's the other reason I haven't done it. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Battle Jackets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Battle Jackets Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 2:36 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

That's the other reason I haven't done it.  Very Happy

My older son is slowly turning into one of these kids. Now he criticizes the metal t-shirts I usually like to wear during summer weekends...
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

Battle Jackets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Battle Jackets Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 4:07 pm

This thread is useless without pictures.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Battle Jackets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Battle Jackets Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 10:14 am

Lari wrote:

Here you go Lari. It's not current, but this is my hand-painted denim from around 1989-90. I don't have a pic, but the front was adorned with patches and pins too.

Battle Jackets Img_2110

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

Battle Jackets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Battle Jackets Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 2:38 pm

I have one.  Here's a picture of it from about five years ago, but it has changed in the intervening years:

Battle Jackets Ogq9L7W
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Battle Jackets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Battle Jackets Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 5:24 pm

Nice ^^^^^!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Battle Jackets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Battle Jackets Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2018 9:12 am

Witchfinder wrote:
I have one.  Here's a picture of it from about five years ago, but it has changed in the intervening years:

Battle Jackets Ogq9L7W

That ...is...AWESOME!!!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Battle Jackets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Battle Jackets Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2018 9:18 am

I have about 15 or so patches (mostly band logos and one Lemmy head shot) framed in the man cave. A few years back, on Christmas, the wife bought them and arranged them into frames with a white brick background so the patches really stand out. Funny this thread came up as I have been hitting up the Goodwill shops looking for a used denim to recreate what I had many moons ago.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Battle Jackets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Battle Jackets Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 5:34 pm

Forgot to post these after I got it done.

Battle Jackets 20190310

Battle Jackets 20190313
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28457

Battle Jackets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Battle Jackets Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 10:50 pm

I've never had one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Battle Jackets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Battle Jackets Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2019 12:31 am

Very nice one, uncle!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Battle Jackets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Battle Jackets Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2019 1:11 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Lari wrote:

Here you go Lari. It's not current, but this is my hand-painted denim from around 1989-90. I don't have a pic, but the front was adorned with patches and pins too.

Battle Jackets Img_2110

Now that is fucking amazing. Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Battle Jackets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Battle Jackets Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2019 3:38 am

I had one in high school. Hate to say what happened to it but it involves a girl. Ok...... I let her wear it all the time then we broke up and she burned it! I really do miss her........... the jacket that is.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Battle Jackets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Battle Jackets Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2019 3:54 am

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

Battle Jackets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Battle Jackets Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2019 12:37 pm

I used to have one. It may still be somewhere around here. I know I can't fit in it anymore.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

Battle Jackets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Battle Jackets Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2019 1:01 pm

I had one but it wasn't too elaborate. Just a few KISS items and a Judas Priest Defenders Of The Faith cover on it.
Back to top Go down
kyleblack
Metal student
Metal student
kyleblack

Number of posts : 159

Battle Jackets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Battle Jackets Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2019 11:03 pm

I'm collecting patches right now to make one after years of talking about doing it. You can get some pretty decent patches on the cheap from China on AliExpress, if anyone is looking.

Last edited by kyleblack on Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Battle Jackets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Battle Jackets Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 10:51 am

Patches are cheap. Getting your mom to sew them on? Priceless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Battle Jackets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Battle Jackets Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle Jackets
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next