Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The 10 Greatest Old-School Melodic Thrash Albums! (worshipmetal.com)

Go down 
+5
nevermore
Gilbert
Fat Freddy
Lari
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

The 10 Greatest Old-School Melodic Thrash Albums! (worshipmetal.com) Empty
PostSubject: The 10 Greatest Old-School Melodic Thrash Albums! (worshipmetal.com)   The 10 Greatest Old-School Melodic Thrash Albums! (worshipmetal.com) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2023 1:59 pm

What about this?

The 10 Greatest Old-School Melodic Thrash Albums!

That's an amazing list. I think this is my new favourite sub-genre of metal. Old-school melodic thrash metal. pirat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: The 10 Greatest Old-School Melodic Thrash Albums! (worshipmetal.com)   The 10 Greatest Old-School Melodic Thrash Albums! (worshipmetal.com) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2023 3:08 pm

Can't argue with that list. The only one I've never heard is Pariah. The others are all rock solid.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The 10 Greatest Old-School Melodic Thrash Albums! (worshipmetal.com)   The 10 Greatest Old-School Melodic Thrash Albums! (worshipmetal.com) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2023 3:22 pm

007 wrote:
Can't argue with that list. The only one I've never heard is Pariah. The others are all rock solid.
That Pariah album has been on my want list for years and years.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: The 10 Greatest Old-School Melodic Thrash Albums! (worshipmetal.com)   The 10 Greatest Old-School Melodic Thrash Albums! (worshipmetal.com) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2023 4:34 pm

Pretty cool list, I own several of those albums (Flotsam, Testament, Metal Church, Paradox, and Annihilator) and have heard most of the others (except Pariah, with whom I am unfamiliar).

The only pick I would disagree with is Testament's The Ritual, which is my least favorite of their early output. I would've went with Practice What You Preach or Low but that's just me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: The 10 Greatest Old-School Melodic Thrash Albums! (worshipmetal.com)   The 10 Greatest Old-School Melodic Thrash Albums! (worshipmetal.com) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2023 5:09 pm

Awesome list. The only ones missing from my collection are Paradox and Pariah.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The 10 Greatest Old-School Melodic Thrash Albums! (worshipmetal.com)   The 10 Greatest Old-School Melodic Thrash Albums! (worshipmetal.com) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2023 2:37 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Pretty cool list, I own several of those albums (Flotsam, Testament, Metal Church, Paradox, and Annihilator) and have heard most of the others (except Pariah, with whom I am unfamiliar).

The only pick I would disagree with is Testament's The Ritual, which is my least favorite of their early output. I would've went with Practice What You Preach or Low but that's just me.

Yeah, it should have been Practice What You Preach.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: The 10 Greatest Old-School Melodic Thrash Albums! (worshipmetal.com)   The 10 Greatest Old-School Melodic Thrash Albums! (worshipmetal.com) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2023 10:18 am

Great list!! I haven't heard the Pariah album before. That's the only album on the list I know nothing about.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: The 10 Greatest Old-School Melodic Thrash Albums! (worshipmetal.com)   The 10 Greatest Old-School Melodic Thrash Albums! (worshipmetal.com) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2023 10:29 am

I own all of these. Pretty good list.

Lari likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
kyleblack
Metal student
Metal student
kyleblack

Number of posts : 159

PostSubject: Re: The 10 Greatest Old-School Melodic Thrash Albums! (worshipmetal.com)   The 10 Greatest Old-School Melodic Thrash Albums! (worshipmetal.com) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2023 2:35 pm

Not a bad list. Think I'd replace Testament's The Ritual with something like Artillery's By Inheritance.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The 10 Greatest Old-School Melodic Thrash Albums! (worshipmetal.com)   The 10 Greatest Old-School Melodic Thrash Albums! (worshipmetal.com) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2023 2:57 pm

kyleblack wrote:
Not a bad list. Think I'd replace Testament's The Ritual with something like Artillery's By Inheritance.
Well that's a great one, too!

Or Overkill's Taking Over or Mordred's Fools Game.

But we are in the ballpark here, of music that I love the most.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The 10 Greatest Old-School Melodic Thrash Albums! (worshipmetal.com)   The 10 Greatest Old-School Melodic Thrash Albums! (worshipmetal.com) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2023 9:28 pm

That is a pretty solid list! Glad to see Powermad on there. The only thing I would have included Forbidden- Forbidden Evil or Twisted into Form.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: The 10 Greatest Old-School Melodic Thrash Albums! (worshipmetal.com)   The 10 Greatest Old-School Melodic Thrash Albums! (worshipmetal.com) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2023 12:27 pm

So.... surprised

who actually called any of these "melodic thrash" when they came out/ Laughing very hard

PostSubject: Re: The 10 Greatest Old-School Melodic Thrash Albums! (worshipmetal.com)   The 10 Greatest Old-School Melodic Thrash Albums! (worshipmetal.com) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The 10 Greatest Old-School Melodic Thrash Albums! (worshipmetal.com)
Page 1 of 1