Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Church to release a new album

Go down 
+10
Witchfinder
nevermore
GrandNational
Sword Of The Heretic
Wrecked Neck
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Lari
Gilbert
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Metal Church to release a new album - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Church to release a new album   Metal Church to release a new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm

Sword Of The Heretic wrote:
What about John Bush? Is he still doing anything?
Armored Saint?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church to release a new album   Metal Church to release a new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2022 1:35 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
007 wrote:
Eh, I hope its not Monroe.

Last I heard, Ronnie Monroe is now in Vicious Rumors, so he's occupied.

It’s just a rumor. Razz

Would that be a... Vicious rumor? Very Happy

But seriously folks: Ronny and VR looks pretty official for now, at least... but with that band, you never know... they change band members more frequently than they change socks Laughing very hard

Metal Church to release a new album - Page 2 Vrronn10

Metal Church to release a new album - Page 2 Vrtoo10

I am curious to check what comes out of this. Ronny's voice matches VR's music imo.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church to release a new album   Metal Church to release a new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2022 4:47 am

So did I miss something or they still haven't announced the new singer?

But there is a compilation album coming out, with a previously unreleased track:

Metal Church to release a new album - Page 2 51vocA+TMSL._SY580_
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church to release a new album   Metal Church to release a new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2022 2:10 pm

Lari wrote:

But there is a compilation album coming out, with a previously unreleased track:

Metal Church to release a new album - Page 2 51vocA+TMSL._SY580_

I am definitely buying the album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church to release a new album   Metal Church to release a new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2022 2:34 pm

Lari wrote:

No new singer info yet.

As much as I love MC, I doubt I'm gonna buy that "Best Of Mike Howe" comp if it's only got one new track on it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church to release a new album   Metal Church to release a new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2022 6:13 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Lari wrote:

No new singer info yet.

As much as I love MC, I doubt I'm gonna buy that "Best Of Mike Howe" comp if it's only got one new track on it.

It’s only the best of his Ratpak records material. Not his whole catalog with his previous classic albums. Without Blessing/Factor/Balance, it’s not essential.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church to release a new album   Metal Church to release a new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2022 4:35 pm

Here's "Never Grow Old," the new song on Metal Church's "Best of Mike Howe" comp that came out today...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Lari likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church to release a new album   Metal Church to release a new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2022 8:02 pm

It’s nice to hear his voice again on a new song, but the song is underwhelming… it actually sounds very similar to at least one other song they did since the reunion.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church to release a new album   Metal Church to release a new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2022 1:25 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Here's "Never Grow Old," the new song on Metal Church's "Best of Mike Howe" comp that came out today...

Troublezone wrote:
It’s nice to hear his voice again on a new song, but the song is underwhelming… it actually sounds very similar to at least one other song they did since the reunion.

Yeah. I agree. Probably why it went unreleased. If any thing they should have put Fan The Fire and Long Time Coming from the foreign releases of XI on this. Who makes these decisions?

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church to release a new album   Metal Church to release a new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2022 4:31 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

That's an awesome song. I love it.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church to release a new album   Metal Church to release a new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2022 5:09 am

I ordered the album on cd headbanger headbanger .
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church to release a new album   Metal Church to release a new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2022 4:40 pm

Troublezone wrote:
it actually sounds very similar to at least one other song they did since the reunion.

Y'know I thought the same thing, but I couldn't place the song it resembled either. I guess I'm gonna have to go back and revisit the RatPak Records era stuff soon and figure it out, otherwise it's gonna bug the hell outta my OCD. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church to release a new album   Metal Church to release a new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2022 6:14 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
it actually sounds very similar to at least one other song they did since the reunion.

Y'know I thought the same thing, but I couldn't place the song it resembled either. I guess I'm gonna have to go back and revisit the RatPak Records era stuff soon and figure it out, otherwise it's gonna bug the hell outta my OCD. Laughing very hard

That’s bugging me too! Laughing

Let me know if you find it!

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church to release a new album   Metal Church to release a new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2022 6:17 pm

I don’t blame Mike Howe for any dull material or output. Kurdt is the chief songwriter. I think he got stuck in a “samey” type situation.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church to release a new album   Metal Church to release a new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2022 7:17 pm

I believe that song is a reworking of Sky Falls In.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church to release a new album   Metal Church to release a new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2022 10:32 pm

007 wrote:

Yeah! I think that’s it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church to release a new album   Metal Church to release a new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2022 11:47 am

007 wrote:

Yeah, I think you got it.

Rat Pak keeps referring to "Never Grow Old" as an "unreleased demo track" in their adverts for the best-of comp, so maybe it was a rough draft that eventually became "Sky Falls In."

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church to release a new album   Metal Church to release a new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2022 6:26 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
007 wrote:

Yeah, I think you got it.

Rat Pak keeps referring to "Never Grow Old" as an "unreleased demo track" in their adverts for the best-of comp, so maybe it was a rough draft that eventually became "Sky Falls In."

Record labels always try to stretch the truth a bit to make something more appealing. I do believe that you are correct. It sounds like a rough draft of Sky Falls In. Not exactly a totally new song! Smile
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church to release a new album   Metal Church to release a new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2022 12:05 pm

I love this one
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church to release a new album   Metal Church to release a new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2022 4:10 pm

I've more than doubled my Metal Church collection in the past year.

I've owned the self-titled debut for probably close to 30 years. But it cooked slowly, and I only got the next three in the last decade or so. Now this past year alone I've added five more.

I'm still missing Masterpeace, the Weight of the World, This Present Wasteland and Generation Nothing. I think I'll digest the 5 new ones I got a while before completing my collection.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church to release a new album   Metal Church to release a new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2023 5:04 pm

Marc Lopes has been announced by the band as being their singer. Here's his bio:

https://www.metal-archives.com/artists/Marc_Lopes/25377
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church to release a new album   Metal Church to release a new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2023 1:49 am

Too many singer changes…

I’ll give this guy a chance, but it doesn’t even seem like the same band anymore.

Imagine if Overkill had two or three different singers?
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church to release a new album   Metal Church to release a new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2023 1:55 am

Troublezone wrote:
Too many singer changes…

I’ll give this guy a chance, but it doesn’t even seem like the same band anymore.

Two of them died, what do you expect them to do? It's not like they are firing a singer every album or something lol
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church to release a new album   Metal Church to release a new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2023 3:05 am

Gilbert wrote:
Marc Lopes has been announced by the band as being their singer. Here's his bio:

I don't know him or his work, but if he's played with Ross the Boss, I guess I've seen him live.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church to release a new album   Metal Church to release a new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2023 5:48 am

Lari wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I don't know him or his work, but if he's played with Ross the Boss, I guess I've seen him live.

I like his performance with Ross The Boss. Talented singer. Should fit Metal Church.

Would also love to hear him perform old Church material.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church to release a new album   Metal Church to release a new album - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Church to release a new album
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next