Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The new Metal Church album

Go down 
+11
kmorg
Tall Tyrion
Lurideath
mez
mc666
sam
Thrasher73
the sentinel
ultmetal
steel warrior
Troublezone
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

The new Metal Church album Empty
PostSubject: The new Metal Church album   The new Metal Church album Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 10:31 am

I bought it a few days ago at best buy and at first i wasn't that imprest but after a couple days it is definately growing on me and i know at least one song is a new MC classic (Breathe Again). The production is also very good.
Back to top Go down
steel warrior
Metal student
Metal student
steel warrior

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: The new Metal Church album   The new Metal Church album Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 10:40 am

yeah, I liked it. Nothing different from the last 2 albums but definetely worth getting.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The new Metal Church album   The new Metal Church album Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 10:42 am

Want it. It's on my list.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: The new Metal Church album   The new Metal Church album Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 10:45 am

I love it and have so since first spin. It's been in heavy rotation for me in the weight room and in my car. I know it's not the most creative or inventive album they (or anyone else) has come up with, but it;s heavy metal to me and that's what counts. I also really like Ronny Monroe's voice, which, for me, goes a long way towards liking a band. Favorite tracks are:

The Perfect Crime
Crawling To Extinction
Congregation
Monster
Company of Sorrow

🤘
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The new Metal Church album   The new Metal Church album Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 10:50 am

Quote :
The Perfect Crime
Crawling To Extinction
Congregation
Monster
Company of Sorrow

I also like the song Crawling to Extiction! Cool guitar riff/groove.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The new Metal Church album   The new Metal Church album Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 11:00 am

Havent got around to getting it yet.Too many on my list
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: The new Metal Church album   The new Metal Church album Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 1:13 pm

...rocks
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The new Metal Church album   The new Metal Church album Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 1:38 pm

it's just classic Metal Church. if you liked them before, they aren't giving you a reason to stop.

PostSubject: Re: The new Metal Church album   The new Metal Church album Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 5:32 pm

They're like Tesla to me, nothing earth shattering but some good rock n roll.
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: The new Metal Church album   The new Metal Church album Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 7:41 pm

mc666 wrote:
it's just classic Metal Church. if you liked them before, they aren't giving you a reason to stop.

Well said! Love the album, but read on a site ( I think Blabbermouth) that they only sold 960 the first 2 weeks! That is sad, if it is true.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: The new Metal Church album   The new Metal Church album Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 9:17 pm

This new album smokes! Ronny's voice has gotten a lot better this time around! I wish there were more fast songs, but I ain't complaining because it is a very solid album!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The new Metal Church album   The new Metal Church album Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 11:47 pm

Quote :
Well said! Love the album, but read on a site ( I think Blabbermouth) that they only sold 960 the first 2 weeks! That is sad, if it is true.

That can't include europe because they buy a lot more metal than americans.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: The new Metal Church album   The new Metal Church album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 1:04 am

It was US sales
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The new Metal Church album   The new Metal Church album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 5:55 am

Lurideath wrote:
It was US sales

What was the europe sales?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The new Metal Church album   The new Metal Church album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 7:57 am

I have a question...I love Metal Church, but I always wondered...why are they considered Thrash Metal? I mean, when compared to Slayer, Anthrax, Testament, etc, I think Metal Church leans more towards Traditional Heavy Metal or Power Metal...maybe it's because of "Ton Of Bricks" or something...but "Watch The Children Pray", "Metal Church", "The Dark", "Beyond The Black", "Gods Of Wrath", "Start The Fire"...none of that is Thrash...
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: The new Metal Church album   The new Metal Church album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:04 am

I was playing the s/t yesterday and had the same thought as Shawn. I had always thought of them as thrash because they get labeled that way, but when you really listen to the songs, it's much more traditional metal than thrash.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The new Metal Church album   The new Metal Church album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:07 am

I never have heard them labeled as thrash. They are traditional power metal if you ask me. Not the "fairy dust and dragon's breath" kind of today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The new Metal Church album   The new Metal Church album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:27 am

Maybe "Traditional US Power Metal" ala Jag Panzer and the like?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The new Metal Church album   The new Metal Church album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:30 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I have a question...I love Metal Church, but I always wondered...why are they considered Thrash Metal? I mean, when compared to Slayer, Anthrax, Testament, etc, I think Metal Church leans more towards Traditional Heavy Metal or Power Metal...maybe it's because of "Ton Of Bricks" or something...but "Watch The Children Pray", "Metal Church", "The Dark", "Beyond The Black", "Gods Of Wrath", "Start The Fire"...none of that is Thrash...

Metal Church defined power metal in the 80's. Back then power metal was bands like Metal Church, Vicious Rumors, Steel Prophet, etc. that were heavier than traditional heavy metal, but weren't quite thrash or speed metal either. Power metal has been redefined over the years to mean something quite different. Because of that I think of Metal Church as Traditional Heavy Metal.

PostSubject: Re: The new Metal Church album   The new Metal Church album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:42 am

ultmetal wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Metal Church defined power metal in the 80's. Back then power metal was bands like Metal Church, Vicious Rumors, Steel Prophet, etc. that were heavier than traditional heavy metal, but weren't quite thrash or speed metal either. Power metal has been redefined over the years to mean something quite different. Because of that I think of Metal Church as Traditional Heavy Metal.

I'll go with that...

I just remember that all the people who were into Anthrax, Metallica, Slayer, Testament, Megadeth all loved Metal Church & talked about them as being Thrash...guilty by assiciation at the time, I guess...
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The new Metal Church album   The new Metal Church album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:48 am

Yeah I've never heard them labeled as Thrash.I've always considered them Traditional Power metal.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The new Metal Church album   The new Metal Church album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:50 am

I have heard to them referred to as thrash. The first album does have some songs that border on thrash metal. On one of their early tours they had Metallica opening for them, so the guilt by association may have stemmed from that as well.

ult

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The new Metal Church album   The new Metal Church album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:09 am

Kerrang released a thrash/speed metal special issue once, and I think the bands featured were Slayer, Anthrax, Megadeth and Metal Church. So they have def. been called that. But they are also the epitomy of power metal, in my opinion.

PostSubject: Re: The new Metal Church album   The new Metal Church album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 11:56 am

Quote :
It was US sales

Which shows how image driven the US is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The new Metal Church album   The new Metal Church album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 2:14 pm

Nazgul wrote:
Quote :
It was US sales

Which shows how image driven the US is.

Or how much nobody in America knows who Metal Church is aside from people who knew them in the 80s...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new Metal Church album   The new Metal Church album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The new Metal Church album
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next