Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stryper- The Final Battle

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Stryper- The Final Battle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stryper- The Final Battle   Stryper- The Final Battle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2022 8:30 pm

Gilbert wrote:
The only negative side imo is that the vocals tend to become irritating after a while.

Yes and I’m a huge Stryper fan but Michael has been annoying to me for some time now. We get it he’s still got the skills but he goes overboard a lot I think.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Stryper- The Final Battle   Stryper- The Final Battle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2022 11:08 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
The only negative side imo is that the vocals tend to become irritating after a while.

Yes and I’m a huge Stryper fan but Michael has been annoying to me for some time now. We get it he’s still got the skills but he goes overboard a lot I think.

He seems to do screams almost as much as Zakk Wylde does pinch harmonics. His screams should be used sparingly to make them stand out. A well placed scream is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Stryper- The Final Battle   Stryper- The Final Battle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2022 9:45 pm

Michaels ego has bugged me since the 80’s although I love his singing and playing. He always seemed to hog the stage and always have to be center of attention. Give Oz some space and let him shred for a while.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Stryper- The Final Battle   Stryper- The Final Battle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2022 1:04 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
Michaels ego has bugged me since the 80’s although I love his singing and playing. He always seemed to hog the stage and always have to be center of attention. Give Oz some space and let him shred for a while.

At least Oz wrote one of their best songs (The Way).

It’s kind of like Kirk Hammett’s role in Metallica. You can play, just know your limits…
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Stryper- The Final Battle   Stryper- The Final Battle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2022 9:16 pm

I always liked this video we’re Oz keeps pushing Michael out of the way lol

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Stryper- The Final Battle   Stryper- The Final Battle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2022 9:51 pm

Stryper's got a new non-album track/single out called "By His Stripes We Are Healed," but it's only available to members of their Patreon site.

I guess that's the wave of the future - "thanks for buying the album, but if you want extra goodies, you're gonna have to sign up for the subscription plan." Pfffft!

Hopefully somebody will sneak it onto YouTube sometime soon while Michael isn't looking Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Stryper- The Final Battle   Stryper- The Final Battle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2022 10:22 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Stryper's got a new non-album track/single out called "By His Stripes We Are Healed," but it's only available to members of their Patreon site.

I guess that's the wave of the future - "thanks for buying the album, but if you want extra goodies, you're gonna have to sign up for the subscription plan." Pfffft!

Hopefully somebody will sneak it onto YouTube sometime soon while Michael isn't looking Very Happy

Yeah they were catching a lot of hell on Facebook about it. I can see both sides I guess. I’m not gonna pay $200 a year just to get an extra song or two. I’m like you I’m sure it’ll show up on YouTube eventually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stryper- The Final Battle   Stryper- The Final Battle - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stryper- The Final Battle
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2