Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stryper- The Final Battle

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Stryper- The Final Battle Empty
PostSubject: Stryper- The Final Battle   Stryper- The Final Battle Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2022 12:35 am

The cover art and title was revealed for Strypers new album due out in October. I think it looks awesome and reminds me of To Hell with the Devil cover art. Can’t wait for this!

Stryper- The Final Battle Stryper-album-cover-e1660450355323
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Stryper- The Final Battle   Stryper- The Final Battle Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2022 5:49 am

Another blind purchase for sure headbanger headbanger .
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Stryper- The Final Battle   Stryper- The Final Battle Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2022 7:01 am

The cover art isn’t very good.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Stryper- The Final Battle   Stryper- The Final Battle Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2022 9:30 pm

Stryper's an instant buy for me, of course. They're one of the rare '80s bands that have actually gotten better with age, in my book.

I liked the two new songs that they sneak peeked on YouTube but yea, that cover art is kinda "meh," especially after how cool the last few covers have been.

"Rise To The Call"

"See No Evil, Hear No Evil"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Stryper- The Final Battle   Stryper- The Final Battle Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2022 11:34 pm

Those new songs are awesome.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Stryper- The Final Battle   Stryper- The Final Battle Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2022 8:38 pm

Y’all crazy! That cover art is great! It hearkens back to THWTD days. Maybe it’s just me, I don’t know lol.Although To Hell is still my favorite art of theirs and probably a close second is No More Hell to Pay. I still dig it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Stryper- The Final Battle   Stryper- The Final Battle Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2022 9:27 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Y’all crazy! That cover art is great! It hearkens back to THWTD days. Maybe it’s just me, I don’t know lol.Although To Hell is still my favorite art of theirs and probably a close second is No More Hell to Pay. I still dig it.

Speaking for myself… It’s the faces. I think their faces look weird.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Stryper- The Final Battle   Stryper- The Final Battle Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2022 10:59 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

Yeah they could’ve done more detail. When you zoom in it’s not very clear but I still like the whole Armageddon vibe.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Stryper- The Final Battle   Stryper- The Final Battle Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2022 1:28 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

Yeah they could’ve done more detail. When you zoom in it’s not very clear but I still like the whole Armageddon vibe.

I have no problem with the concept.

I’ve always liked the original Weapons of Our Warfare (demon vs Angel) cartoon.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Stryper- The Final Battle   Stryper- The Final Battle Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2022 2:16 am

Cover art is cool, but i still agree it could have been a bit more detailed.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Stryper- The Final Battle   Stryper- The Final Battle Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2022 3:07 pm

Superb new song:

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Stryper- The Final Battle   Stryper- The Final Battle Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2022 6:54 pm

^^ oh yeahhh. Me like! Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Stryper- The Final Battle   Stryper- The Final Battle Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2022 7:19 pm

Michael’s gonna blow his voice out with so many of their songs starting with a scream.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Stryper- The Final Battle   Stryper- The Final Battle Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2022 8:38 pm

I’m a huge Stryper fan but am I the only one to think that most of their newer stuff is starting to sound Samey? I swear this song sounds a lot like some of their other stuff.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Stryper- The Final Battle   Stryper- The Final Battle Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2022 12:02 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
I’m a huge Stryper fan but am I the only one to think that most of their newer stuff is starting to sound Samey? I swear this song sounds a lot like some of their other stuff.

He needs to lay off the screams and apply them more sparingly. We get it Mike… you still got the pipes. Razz

I like his singing on Against the Law. It was a little more Coverdale and less Dennis DeYoung.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Stryper- The Final Battle   Stryper- The Final Battle Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2022 5:53 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

He needs to lay off the screams and apply them more sparingly. We get it Mike… you still got the pipes. Razz

I like his singing on Against the Law. It was a little more Coverdale and less Dennis DeYoung.

Yeah, to start off the song with a long scream is grating. His voice kinda annoys me anymore. He sings every song the same way it seems like. I know he still has a great voice for his age but mix it up a little.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Stryper- The Final Battle   Stryper- The Final Battle Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2022 9:38 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

Yeah, to start off the song with a long scream is grating. His voice kinda annoys me anymore. He sings every song the same way it seems like. I know he still has a great voice for his age but mix it up a little.

He’s doing his screams almost as much as Zakk Wylde does pinch harmonics.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Stryper- The Final Battle   Stryper- The Final Battle Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2022 1:23 am

The new album is awesome. I got it in the mail yesterday and i am at my second spin now.

One of 2022's top releases headbanger headbanger .
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Stryper- The Final Battle   Stryper- The Final Battle Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2022 5:41 am

I ended up liking this album more than I expected. It may be their best post-2000 release. I would need to revisit the other ones to decide.

My favorite tracks:

Transgressor
Rise to the Call
No Rest for the Wicked
Ashes to Ashes
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Stryper- The Final Battle   Stryper- The Final Battle Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2022 10:56 pm

Transgressor is my favorite track so far.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Stryper- The Final Battle   Stryper- The Final Battle Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2022 9:20 am

I'm digging the new album quite a bit. They've definitely embraced their "metal" side more on these last few albums, which is fine by me.

Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Stryper- The Final Battle   Stryper- The Final Battle Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2022 9:51 pm

I am not a big Stryoer fan. I like their earlier albums ok but after they reformed, they have been pure shit... until now. This new album kicks ass!!!!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Stryper- The Final Battle   Stryper- The Final Battle Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2022 11:53 pm

Lurideath wrote:
I am not a big Stryoer fan. I like their earlier albums ok but after they reformed, they have been pure shit... until now. This new album kicks ass!!!!

What’s your favorite song from the new album?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Stryper- The Final Battle   Stryper- The Final Battle Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2022 5:10 pm

The only negative side imo is that the vocals tend to become irritating after a while.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Stryper- The Final Battle   Stryper- The Final Battle Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2022 7:28 pm

Transgressor easily. I think its the best song they have made in their entire career!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stryper- The Final Battle   Stryper- The Final Battle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stryper- The Final Battle
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next