Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stygma IV - THE Austrian metal band

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Stygma IV - THE Austrian metal band Empty
PostSubject: Stygma IV - THE Austrian metal band   Stygma IV - THE Austrian metal band Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2022 12:50 pm

Stygma IV - THE Austrian metal band 20220510

I just got into these guys. A terrific (progressive) heavy metal band from Austria. Lead singer sounds like Jon Oliva, music is awesome. I only got the first two initially, but then after finishing spinning the debut album, I already ordered the rest of the catalogue.

They started out as Stigmata in the 90's, and released this album under that name:

One of their more epic songs.

They had to change the name to Stigmata IV (notice the "IV" on the Youtube re-release version video as opposed to my OP CD), because another band was called Stigmata. Later, even Stigmata IV wasn't enough, so they became Stygma IV, and they released the majority of their catalogue under that moniker.

The band disbanded in 2005, but what do you know, their official website is STILL up, welcoming you to fifteen years ago:

www.stygma4.com

Anyway, I didn't really even listen to all the CDs yet, but this band absolutely is an underrated hidden gem and well worth exploring to any fans of Savatage, to fans of epic heavy metal, of progressive metal and of good music. I quoted their website bio (bandhistory!) in the topic title, but without listening to every band ever, I'll just subjectively confirm that they are probably the best EVER band from AUSTRIA.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Stygma IV - THE Austrian metal band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stygma IV - THE Austrian metal band   Stygma IV - THE Austrian metal band Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2022 8:40 am

I am unfamiliar, but I like what I hear in that YouTube.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Stygma IV - THE Austrian metal band
Page 1 of 1