Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022

Go down 
+9
Troublezone
SideShowDisaSter
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
Required Fields
Wrecked Neck
nevermore
Fat Freddy
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2022 10:48 pm

"Psycho II" (1983)

After 22 years in an institution, Norman Bates (Anthony Perkins, creepy as ever) is declared "sane." He returns home, resumes running the old family motel, and befriends a local diner waitress (Meg Tilly). Everything seems cool, till bodies suddenly start to pile up again. Is Norman back to his old tricks, or is someone trying to pin their crimes on him so he'll get sent back to the nut house?
In spite of being released at the height of the '80s slasher craze, "Psycho II" resists the urge to turn into a full on bloodbath, staying at a suspenseful slow boil the way Hitchcock's original did. Needless to say, it doesn't come close to equaling Hitch's O.G., but this extremely belated sequel is tongue in cheek fun in its own right. Followed by a third installment, which was directed by Perkins himself.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39507

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2022 6:12 am

Frankenstein (1931)

Iconic horror  about a brilliant but slightly unhinged scientist (Colin Clive) determined to create life from death by creating a body from assembled body parts. A slip up by his assistant has him place the wrong brain into the creature (Boris Karloff,of course), creating a misunderstood monster. Tame by today's standards, the was a huge terrifying hit back in the day, with plenty of cool atmosphere.

Bride Of Frankenstein (1935)

Following up immediately after the original film, Frankenstein recovers from his injuries sustained in his fight with the monster (Karloff again), while the monster is able to escape from it's presumed death. Soon, Frankenstein's former mentor appears, and through blackmail and the help of the monster, forces the doctor to help him create a mate for the monster (Elsa Lanchester). Oddly, the titular character is only on screen for maybe 10 minutes, at most.

And I have to say, after watching Mel Brooks' Young Frankenstein, it's hard not to watch these films and laugh at certain scenes.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2022 9:57 am

My Bloody Valentine (2009)

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 4 AfxUFef1fNY

Remake of the 1981 slasher classic, this move deals with a mine collapse where in there is only one survivor names Harry Warden , who is comatose. It's later revealed that the survivor murdered the other trapped miners in order to conserve his oxygen. Awakening from the coma, the miner goes on a Valentines Day killing spree, killing 22 people before getting shot by the local sheriff (Tom Atkins) and disappearing into a collapsed part of the mine. 10 years later, the son of the mine owner (Jensen Ackles) returns to his hometown to sell the mine after the death of his father. Not long after, a person in a miner suit and carrying a pickaxe begins killing people. Has Harry returned to kill again? A somewhat by the numbers film with a little too much cgi gore but not a time waster. A nice highlight for me at least that it was mostly filmed in my area.

Witchfinder General (1968)

Heavily fictionalized account of Matthew Hopkins;Witchfinder General (the late,great Vincent Price) and his opportunistic prosecution of would be witches during the English Civil War of the 1600s. In doing so, he runs afoul of a soldier who swears to put an end to Hopkin's reign of terror. Minimal gore in this one but Price avoids the campiness of his usual acting and gives off a rather sinister vibe.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25827

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2022 9:21 pm

Some episodes of Meet,Marry,Murder. A docuseries about spouses killing their partners.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2022 9:12 am

Valentine (2001)

At a junior high school Valentines dance, a nerdy teens asks 3 girls to dance, who cruelly reject him, a 4th who politely turns him down, and finally a 5th heavier girl who accepts. they sneak off to make out under the bleachers and when discovered, she claims the boy attacked her, whereupon he's dragged out by bullies, stripped, and beaten. 13 years later, around Valentines day, a person wearing a Cupid mask, begins stalking and murdering the girls who treated the teen boy so badly. A by the numbers slasher with minimal gore but some nice eye candy, including Denise Richards and Katherine Heigl.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2022 12:22 pm

"Psycho III" (1986)

A diverse group of guests including a suicidal ex-nun, a half-crazed drifter, and a gang of partying football fans all intersect on a rainy night at the Bates Motel, where poor Norman still doesn't quite have his head together. You can probably figure out the rest.
This third installment was directed by Anthony "Norman Bates" Perkins and it's sleazier, bloodier, and more fun than "II."

"Weird Science" (1985)

Two high school dorks (Anthony Michael Hall and Ilan Mitchell-Smith) become suddenly significant when they use a computer to create a gorgeous girl (Kelly LeBrock) who does their bidding. John "Breakfast Club" Hughes cult classic sci-fi teen comedy makes the most of its absolutely ridiculous premise, piling on one absurd situation after another. It's been years since I last saw this, but when I was in high school I could quote this entire movie chapter and verse. Tons of goofy fun!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2022 8:13 am

X-Ray (1982)

Another Valentines Day slasher film, where in an unpopular boy gives a young girl a valentines card but the girl and her friend crumple it up and mock him. The unpopular kid promptly murders the friend by hanging. a swift jump ahead 19 years and the girl (played by the incredibly stacked Barbi Benton) stops by the hospital to get some recent test results. However, there's a killer disguised as a doctor waiting for her to enact a little revenge. Not that great of a film but Benton is very easy on the eyes.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2022 12:36 pm

Finished watching season 1 of The Book Of Boba Fett
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2022 9:51 am

Watched a documentary called "Money For Nothing: A History of the Music Video" (2013) on Tubi. Nothin' fancy, essentially one long clip show, going all the way back to early ancestors of the music video like the movie musicals of the '30s and '40s and the Beatles' "A Hard Day's Night," to the rise of MTV when they became a legit art form in their own right. A breezy trip down memory lane. I spent most of the slim run time pointing at the TV and going "Oh yeah, that was a good one, that was a cool one too, that one sucked," etc., etc.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2022 1:53 pm

More of season 1 of Meet,Marry,Murder
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2022 9:08 am

"Pieces" (1982)

This movie had one of the greatest tag lines ever: "YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO TO TEXAS FOR A CHAINSAW MASSACRE!" Laughing very hard
A psycho killer is carving up Boston college co-eds with a chain saw and using their body parts to assemble a human jigsaw puzzle. Yup, that's the whole plot.
This legendary low budget Spanish/American sickie has become a cult classic thanks to its ridiculously over the top gore and its awful acting/dubbing. It's terrible, but it's also highly entertaining in an unintentionally campy sort of way.

"X-Ray" (aka "Hospital Massacre," 1982)

A strange blend of "My Bloody Valentine" and "Halloween II" from good ol' Cannon Films, starring the ridiculously gorgeous former Playmate and '70s TV staple Barbi Benton. She goes to the hospital for a routine checkup on Valentine's Day, only to be stalked and terrorized by a slasher who's been obsessed with her since they were children.
I was inspired to check this out thanks to 007's review of this movie from a few days ago. I agree with his assessment that it's "not a great movie." Plot wise, it's a muddled mess, but it gets by thanks to some decent gory bits and of course the MAJOR eye candy courtesy of Ms. Benton. Watchable, but not essential.

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18911

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2022 2:41 am

Eraserhead(1977)-a lonely factory worker discovers that his ex-girlfriend has had a baby and that he is the father. The baby, it turns out, is a mutant/alien looking thing that cries constantly and drives the new parents crazy. He ends up having a one night stand with a woman who lives in the same building. Then he starts having visions or dreams about a weird looking woman singing on stage, then his head falls off and a kid finds it and then takes the head to a pawn shop where it is turned into erasers and a bunch of other weird shit happens that I could never in a million freaking years explain! David Lynch's debut/cult classic/midnight movie/surreal film is a pretty nutty flick, if you haven't guess. It's probably one of those films that's either loved or hated. I figured it's one of those films that you need to see at least once before you die. Lynch is obviously a talented filmmaker, but his stuff isn't for everybody. Scratch this one off the list for me. 2/5
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2022 8:55 am

Put me in the "hated it" camp.  Like you I figured I just "had" to see it so when I was going through my "watch the weirdest shit out there" phase I gave Eraserhead a go.  Yep, it's weird alright...and doesn't make a lick of sense.  Although Eraserhead is way more linear, logical and entertaining than some of the other nonsense I sat through during that period.  Ever see "Begotten"?  If not, do yourself a favor and stay as far away from that mess as you can.  Damn thing is only about an hour long and gave me a day-long headache.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2022 10:15 am

I have tried several times over the years but I have never made it all the way thru "Eraserhead." It just irritates the crap out of me to the point where I have to turn it off.

I'm usually very rigid about finishing a movie once I've started it, no matter how awful it is, but that movie is my Kryptonite.

To this day, I avoid anything with David Lynch's name on it.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2022 10:25 am

"Schlock! The Secret History of American Movies" (2001)
Way-cool documentary about the golden age of exploitation films (the late 1930s thru the late 60s), featuring interviews with movers & shakers like Samuel Z. Arkoff (American International Pictures), director/producer Roger Corman, distributor/producer Harry Novak, Forrest J. Ackerman, Dick Miller, Doris Wishman (director of "Nude on the Moon"), and plenty of weird, hilarious clips from dozens of long-forgotten "hygiene films," "nudie cuties," "roughies," and cheap 50s monster movies. Educational and fun!

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2022 2:20 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Put me in the "hated it" camp.  Like you I figured I just "had" to see it so when I was going through my "watch the weirdest shit out there" phase I gave Eraserhead a go.  Yep, it's weird alright...and doesn't make a lick of sense.  Although Eraserhead is way more linear, logical and entertaining than some of the other nonsense I sat through during that period.  Ever see "Begotten"?  If not, do yourself a favor and stay as far away from that mess as you can.  Damn thing is only about an hour long and gave me a day-long headache.
Yeah, I've seen Begotten. Probably the only film I've watched weirder than Eraserhead. Laughing
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2022 3:55 pm

Finished season 1 of Meet, Marry, Murder.
Then some episodes of Three's Company
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2022 4:21 pm

Son Of Frankenstein (1939)

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 4 0WEU89n1NAI

Henry Frankenstein's son Wolf and his family return to his ancestral home to collect some paperwork and other items left to him via his father's will, only to be met with hostility by the local villagers. He soon discovers the deformed hunchback Ygor residing in the castle, along with his father's creation (Boris Karloff, in his final on screen appearance as the monster). Wolf comes up with the idea to "fix" the monster and vindicate his father. Ygor has other plans, using the monster as an instrument for revenge. Probably the last of the great Frankenstein films, devolving into B movie territory hereafter (although, truth be told, I enjoy them all).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2022 8:39 am

"Murder In The Front Row" (2019)

Members of Metallica, Exodus, Slayer, Death Angel, and more look back on the glory days of the San Francisco Bay Area thrash scene of the early 80s. A highly entertaining documentary packed with lots of great stories, fascinating photos, and ultra-violent vintage live clips.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2022 10:12 pm

"Demon Seed" (1977)

A scientist has created a new artificial-intelligence that takes over his computerized home and then makes a move on his wife, so it can learn about reproduction. Yikes.
Based on an early work by Dean Koontz, this '70s sci-fi/horror makes the most of its absurd premise and Julie Christie, who's essentially a one woman show for most of the movie, does a nice job as the imperiled house wife. A weird but cool slice of retro junk.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2022 12:42 pm

"Cosmos: War of the Planets" (1977)

Lured by a mysterious radio signal, a spaceship crew lands on a remote planet ruled by a malevolent machine, which wants to take over the astronauts' minds so it can reach Earth.
...or something like that. I guess.
This cheap Italian sci-fi flick looks like it was made in 1957, not '77. The sets are cardboard, the costumes look like leftovers from the old "Flash Gordon" serials, the plot is incomprehensible, the soundtrack (endless loops of "spacey" synthesizer noises and random bleeps and bloops) is irritating as hell, and the dialog is screamingly awkward.
I knew going in that this was going to be a turkey, but I had no idea HOW bad it would be. It may only be mid-February but I think this has my "Worst Movie I've Seen This Year" trophy locked up already.
For the love of God, AVOID AVOID AVOID.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2022 9:15 pm

Started watching an A&E documentary series called "Secrets of Playboy" tonight. I'm three episodes in and it's been an interesting ride so far.

Unlike "American Playboy," the Amazon docudrama I watched a few months ago which painted Hugh Hefner as an admirable, lifelong crusader for free expression, "Secrets" is far less complimentary so far, painting "Hef" as a needy, creepy, control-freak weirdo whose opulent lifestyle hid a lifetime of emotional abuse inflicted on his many "girlfriends," wives, and pretty much every woman he ever came into contact with.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2022 10:59 pm

Finishing off my foray into the "Psycho" franchise...

"Psycho IV: The Beginning" (1990)

Norman Bates calls in to a talk radio program about matricide, proceeds to tell the host how he became such an infamous mother killin' nut case, and hints that he may be ready to kill again.
Better than expected made-for-cable sequel does a nice job of filling in the blanks in Norman's back story via frequent flash backs starring Henry Thomas (yes, the kid from "E.T.") as young Norman and the still MILF-y Olivia Hussey as Mrs. Bates. This would be Anthony Perkins' last turn as Norman before his death in 1992.

"Bates Motel" (1987)

In this made-for-TV flick (not to be confused with the early 2000's A&E TV series by the same name), Norman Bates dies while incarcerated in the asylum, and leaves his close friend and cell mate "Alex" (Bud Cort) the run-down Bates Motel property.. When Alex is paroled he moves into the creepy old Bates house and renovates the Motel, re-opening it with the help of a cast of weird supporting characters that includes the annoying Lori Petty and a teenage Jason Bateman. Old Mrs. Bates' ghost may still be hanging around the place, too. Yes, it's just as awful as it sounds.
This was intended as a pilot for a TV series that I guess would've recast the Bates Motel as a supernatural "Fantasy Island" sort of location, but it's hokey, poorly acted and dull as dirt. Be thankful it never became a weekly show.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2022 11:41 am

The Acid King. A documentary about Ricky Kasso an occult dabbling dope fiend who killed Gary Lauwers for stealing angel dust from him. The film talks to friends of both men. Since this happened during the satanic panic of the 80s it also delves into how the press sensationalized everything to where it's almost like folklore in ways.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2022 2:38 am

The Rage(2007)-a mad scientist creates a virus that he plans on unleashing that will cause anyone infected to go crazy and kill anything in sight. One of the human test subjects breaks free only to be eaten by vultures, which in return become infected themselves and attack a group of young partiers. They happen to stumble upon the scientists lab only to be captured as he plans on using them for lab rats. Basically a mash up of 28 Days Later and The Crazies, this is one pretty gory and nasty ride, if not very original. Not a classic by any means, but not a total loser either. 2/5
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022
Page 4 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next