Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022

Go down 
+9
Troublezone
SideShowDisaSter
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
Required Fields
Wrecked Neck
nevermore
Fat Freddy
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39407

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2022 5:55 am

The season finale of Moon Knight
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25771

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2022 3:33 pm

Night Court season 4

Fat Freddy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2022 6:21 am

Dr. Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness (2022)

The Master Of The Mystic Arts returns to help/protect a young girl with the ability to traverse the multiverse from an enemy who wants that power for their own use. Plenty of action, cameos (some spoiled by the trailers), and even some jump scares. Good film.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2022 10:34 am

"Flight From Hell" (aka "Last Flight," 2014)

The crew of a red-eye flight from a Pacific island deals with bad weather and a carnivorous creature that was snuck on board by a passenger. Low budget hilarity (mostly unintentional) ensues.
This hybrid of air disaster flicks and creature features was a Chinese production (with a few non-Asian cast members to help sell the movie outside the Pacific rim)... so the movie is half in English, half in Mandarin (with poorly translated sub-titles), so the result is mostly gibberish. It takes forever for the creature action to get going, and when the mysterious mutant-feline "monster" is finally revealed (more than an hour into the movie!), it looks so ridiculous and the CGI so horrendous that I almost spat out my drink laughin'.
Even the worst of The Asylum's catalog looks like the Royal Shakespeare Company compared to this loser. AVOID, AVOID, AVOID.
This was part of the heap of horror DVDs I picked up recently at Dollar Tree. I'd been having good luck with my picks so far, so I guess I was bound to hit a clunker sooner or later. (shrug) Oh well, on to the next one!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2022 9:22 am

"The Dirt" (2019)

Netflix produced this big, loud, dumb adaptation of Motley Crue's notorious big, loud, dumb, best selling biography. Four rockers form a new band, crawl out of the L.A. gutters and eventually take over the world, causing mayhem and devastating the liquor and cocaine supply everywhere they go. This was never going to be an Oscar contender but it's tons of sleazy fun. Turn off your brain and enjoy the ride.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2022 12:34 pm

"Who Framed Roger Rabbit" (1988)

Set in a 1940s Hollywood where cartoon characters co-exist with human beings, a down on his luck private eye (Bob Hoskins) gets mixed up with a cartoon rabbit who's been accused of murder. As they try to clear the bunny's name, the mismatched pair learn that it's all part of a massive conspiracy that will affect both humans and 'toons unless they can stop it.
Robert Zemeckis' classic 1988 fantasy/mystery features cameos by most of the biggies from Walt Disney's and Warner Bros' cartoon stables (as well as Betty Boop, Droopy, and more) and the integration between animation and live action is still amazing to watch. I have lost count of how many times Ive seen this movie over the years, it's still one of my all time favorites.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2022 6:50 am

Finished the first season of Outer Range
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2022 10:36 pm

"Dick Tracy" (1990)

Warren Beatty directs and stars as Chester Gould's two fisted 1930s police detective from the long running comic strip, facing off against a variety of mobsters and villains, romancing a nightclub singer (Madonna), and taking an orphaned kid under his wing.
Disney/Touchstone apparently hoped this movie would become the next big comic inspired franchise ala "Batman," but they didn't seem to realize that the last time Dick Tracy was popular, Eisenhower was still in office. 1990s audiences were like, "Dick who?" Laughing very hard
It's a nice looking movie, but it's all style, no substance. The story is a confused muddle, Beatty's too old to be playing the hero,  Madonna looks great but can't act her way out of a paper bag, and an absolutely amazing cast of bad guys (Al Pacino, Dustin Hoffman, William Forsythe, James Caan, and more!) are all unrecognizable under tons of distractingly ugly make up.
This expensive turkey is somewhat watchable in a train wreck sort of way, but its entertainment value is zilch. AVOID.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed May 11, 2022 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2022 6:00 am

Started the limited series Midnight Mass on Netflix
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2022 12:14 pm

The Decline Of Western Civilization pt 1
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2022 10:27 pm

"The Transporter" (2002)

An ex-mercenary (Jason Statham) is living comfortably on the Riviera, working as a "transporter" -- someone who makes high stakes "deliveries," no questions asked. However, when one of his "packages" turns out to be a woman who's caught up in a human trafficking ring, it makes him the target of some very bad people.
A decent butt kicker with a European flair from Luc ("The Fifth Element," "La Femme Nikita") Besson. The stunt work is impressive and lotsa stuff crashes and blows up. Therefore I was entertained. Followed by at least two sequels and a short lived TV series.

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28392

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2022 10:46 pm

There were three sequels, although the last one didn't have Jason Statham in it.

I didn't even know about a TV series based on it, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2022 3:37 pm

Finished up Midnight Mass
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2022 8:05 am

A whole bunch of Night Court reruns on FreeVee (formerly IMDb TV)... currently up to Season 4

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2022 8:46 am

Required Fields wrote:
There were three sequels, although the last one didn't have Jason Statham in it.

I didn't even know about a TV series based on it, though.

Yup, the "Transporter" TV series ran for two seasons. I think it aired on TNT in the United States.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transporter:_The_Series

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2022 9:04 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
A whole bunch of Night Court reruns on FreeVee (formerly IMDb TV)... currently up to Season 4

I just started watching All In The Family on there.

Fat Freddy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2022 10:05 am

"Up The Creek" (1984)

The three worst students at America's worst college are offered automatic degrees if they can win a collegiate white water rafting race and bring their school some much needed recognition. Their competition includes yuppies from an Ivy League school, a gung ho military-academy team, and of course, a crew of hot babes from an all women's college, all of whom are trying to cheat their way to the finish line.
This dumb but fun slobs-versus-snobs college comedy was an HBO staple in the early 80s. It stars two "Animal House" alums (Tim "Otter" Matheson and Stephen "Flounder" Furst) and Dan "Pee Wee" Monahan of "Porky's" fame as our three slovenly heroes, and the result is a cut above most of the low budget sex comedies of the era. Great theme song by Cheap Trick, too!

"The Hangover" (2009)

Four friends head to Vegas for a bachelor party getaway... and when they wake up the next morning, one of them is missing and the other three have no memory of what happened the night before. As they try to fill in the blanks and re-trace their steps to find their pal, mayhem follows them wherever they go. Todd "Joker" Philips' raunchy slapstick hit produced two sequels and made Zach Galifinakis (who steals the movie) and Ken Jeong into legit stars.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2022 10:46 pm

"Scream" (aka "Scream 5," 2022)

Yet another nut job in a "Ghostface" mask is on the loose in Woodsboro, carving up the local high school population. Some of the surviving characters from Wes Craven's O.G. classic return to help the new class of would-be victims stop the killing spree and uncover the slasher's identity.
...In other words, same s**t, different decade.
It's nice to see Neve "Sydney" Campbell, David "Dewey" Arquette, and Courtney "Gail Weathers" Cox back in action again, of course, the body count is impressive, and the series' trademark tongue-in-cheek commentary on the horror genre is always funny, but by this point the "Scream" movies have become inter-changeable and forgettable. Just like the last few sequels, I had fun watching this, but a few months from now I doubt I'll be able to tell you what the hell went on in it.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2022 12:36 pm

Shaun Of The Dead
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2022 11:15 pm

"Firestarter" (2022)

A little girl with pyro-telekinetic powers and her father are pursued by agents from a shadowy organization who want to study her unique abilities. Based on the novel by Stephen King, produced by the Blumhouse horror factory.
This remake of the 1984 film (which starred a young Drew Barrymore) isn't really any better or worse than the original (which, if memory serves, was no great shakes either). It's not terrible, but I doubt I'll ever revisit it.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2022 2:20 pm

Reefer Madness.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2022 2:35 pm

Some episodes of Superstore
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2022 3:47 pm

Red Notice (2021)

Action comedy film, starring Dwayne Johnson, Ryan Reynolds and Gal Gadot, about the search for a priceless ancient egyptian artifact. Johnson (an FBI agent profiler) and Reynolds (a renowned art thief) team up to beat Gadot (an even more notorious art thief) to the punch, Reynolds for the artifact, Johnson to clear his name as he's framed for the theft of another similar artifact. Lots of comedy and action ensue as they trot around the globe. Johnson and Reynolds make a great team and Gadot is looking sweet throughout. Apparently this was so well reveived that 2 sequels for it are currently being filmed concurrently.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2022 9:31 am

Unseasonably hot & sticky weather yesterday, good excuse to stay inside, drink beer, and watch movies:

"The Evil Dead" (1981)

Five college students staying at a remote cabin mess with a spell book they find in the cellar, which awakens something evil in the woods. Hilarity ensues.
Classic micro-budget splatter fest that launched director Sam Raimi's career and turned leading man Bruce Campbell into a cult icon. Still packs a nasty punch even after all these years.

"Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins" (1985)

A former New York cop is given a new identity and drafted into a super-secret government hit squad, whose first target is a crooked weapons manufacturer. The late Fred Ward plays the title character, based on the long-running paperback action series "The Destroyer," and Joel Grey is a hoot as his wise Korean martial-arts trainer "Chun." This fun, tongue-in-cheek action flick was intended to launch a new film franchise but due to disappointing box office returns, Remo's "Adventure" ended here.

"Grosse Pointe Blank" (1997)

A professional killer (John Cusack) teetering on the edge of burnout takes an assignment near his old home town, so he can attend his 10th high school reunion. He touches base with the girl he left behind a decade earlier (Minnie Driver) and tries to avoid elimination by a rival hitman (Dan Aykroyd) and a pair of federal agents. This hip, snarky 90s dark comedy has a great soundtrack and does a nice job balancing the rom-com elements with the ultra violence. Apparently this is Cusack's favorite out of all the films he's made.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2022 9:18 am

The Horde (2016)

An ex-Navy SEAL (Paul Logan) accompanies his college professor girlfriend and a group of her students on a camping trip into the Californian woods but run afoul of a group of cannibalistic mutants, who attack and kidnap them. It's up to the former SEAL to rely on his wits and training to rescue them all from their captors and make it back to civilization. This is one wild film, being a cross between The Hills Have Eyes, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Rambo. Not a great film, but I was entertained by it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022
Page 10 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next