Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The new Mastodon album “Hushed & Grim”

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

The new Mastodon album “Hushed & Grim” Empty
PostSubject: The new Mastodon album “Hushed & Grim”   The new Mastodon album “Hushed & Grim” Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2021 7:36 am

I just ordered the latest release. I’ve been a fan since The Hunter album. I like the more melodic direction they’ve been on. The early stuff was good too, but a bit too progressive…

They are definitely not one dimensional, with three vocalists, crazy drums, sludgy guitar mixed with blues and folk style finger picking and occasional spacey keyboards.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: The new Mastodon album “Hushed & Grim”   The new Mastodon album “Hushed & Grim” Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2021 10:20 am

One of those bands i could never get into.

But i am still trying...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The new Mastodon album “Hushed & Grim”   The new Mastodon album “Hushed & Grim” Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2021 10:28 am

Gilbert wrote:
One of those bands i could never get into.

But i am still trying...

Some people don’t even like Metallica. I guess, to each there own…
I didn’t really like them until The Hunter.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: The new Mastodon album “Hushed & Grim”   The new Mastodon album “Hushed & Grim” Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2021 11:57 am

I've been hearing lots of good things about the new album. And I am a fan but haven't really kept up with their last couple of releases as they seemed to be aiming for radio more than previous efforts.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The new Mastodon album “Hushed & Grim”   The new Mastodon album “Hushed & Grim” Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2021 4:51 pm

nevermore wrote:
I've been hearing lots of good things about the new album. And I am a fan but haven't really kept up with their last couple of releases as they seemed to be aiming for radio more than previous efforts.

They have been trying to sing better on the last few albums. More songs with Brann on vocals. I actually prefer it. They are expanding their sound… but they still have heavy riffs. It’s hard to describe their sound because they are eccentric and all over the place musically. I can hear some Pink Floyd psychedelic influence and also the big heavy riffs like Crowbar. Top it off with Brent’s crazy finger picking style.

Supposedly Brent is starting a new band with Matt Pike from High On Fire.
https://metalinjection.net/news/brent-hinds-matt-pikes-new-band-will-use-some-unused-mastodon-material
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new Mastodon album “Hushed & Grim”   The new Mastodon album “Hushed & Grim” Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The new Mastodon album “Hushed & Grim”
Page 1 of 1