Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun

Go down 
+5
Svengo
Lurideath
MetalRob331
corplhicks
MetalGuy71
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun Empty
PostSubject: Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun   Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 9:53 am

New album coming in June. Hear the first single here...

https://soundcloud.com/mastodonrocks/mastodon-high-road/s-kgi7V

Sounds good to me.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun   Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 10:36 am

Listening to it now; this is killer! I was wondering if there were other Mastodon fans here...
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun   Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 10:48 am

I'm actually not that big of a fan but this song kicks ass  headbanger

Last edited by MetalRob331 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun   Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 11:51 am

Very boring!
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun   Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 11:53 am

pretty interesting

It certainly has quite a few elements from previous albums but still seems pretty different and fresh. It's too early for me to say I totally like it but I'm sure I'll give the album a good chance.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun   Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 12:33 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Listening to it now; this is killer! I was wondering if there were other Mastodon fans here...

There are a few around here.

I wasn't on board until their last album, The Hunter. I've since back-tracked and picked up a few others which I enjoy. I didn't care for the harsh vocals on their earlier stuff, but I've warmed-up to it on subsequent releases. Seems like they've been toning it down too. Pfft, sell-outs!!  Razz 

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun   Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 12:58 pm

The harsher vocals is what I liked about their earlier stuff. As well as the drummer was a bad ass back then too. This new song just sounds like they aren't even trying anymore.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun   Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 3:15 pm

Lurideath wrote:
The harsher vocals is what I liked about their earlier stuff.

Yup, that sounds about right.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun   Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 3:23 pm

Lurideath wrote:
The harsher vocals is what I liked about their earlier stuff. As well as the drummer was a bad ass back then too. This new song just sounds like they aren't even trying anymore.

Brann Dailor is still an amazing drummer. That song is just pretty straight forward. He would kill it if he overplayed on it IMO.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun   Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 1:44 pm

I like the new song.
Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun   Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 1:21 pm

Not bad. Actually I really like most of it a lot, but am so-so on the chorus. I've been a huge fan of everything they've put out and will definitely be buying this on the first day it's available
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun   Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 10:55 am

Anyone heard this yet? I looked for it at FYE last night and they didn't have it in stock. I'll probably stop at Best Buy this weekend. I believe it's on sale for $9.99

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun   Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 5:03 pm

I did in full yesterday on Spotify. It bored the hell out of me, to be honest. Very samey, didn't pull me in at any point except for the single, which honestly has little staying power. I was pretty disappointed. I may give it a second chance but for now this is staying out of my budget.
Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun   Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 10:18 pm

I had intended to buy this right away, but I listened to the itunes samples (admittedly only 1:30 per song) and wasn't all that into this one. I think I'll still buy it because it's Mastodon and I've loved all their music for about 10 years now, but I'm going to to take my time before picking it up, sad to say
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun   Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 10:57 am

That's disappointing news. I never made it to Best Buy this weekend and now it's not on sale anymore. Oh well. I'll still pick it up at some point, but I won't be in any hurry to do so.

Metal student
Metal student
onrypt

Number of posts : 174

PostSubject: Re: Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun   Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 10:41 pm

I've spun this one three times now and I have to say I'm really into it.
My first listen was after a long day at work. Popped it in and immediately got lost for the half hour drive home, loved it immediately (except for the track that has the cheerleaders chanting at the end).
Usually with Mastodon I have to spin it quite a few times before I can really groove on it.
If they come through town check them out. I saw them on the Heritage/Hunter tour with Opeth and they put on an amazing high energy show. Kicks you in the teeth, literally no breaks between songs for the whole set. Here's to hoping they come back through so I can see them again.
IF you like their earlier stuff, you'll appreciate it..
Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/P207b
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun   Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 3:51 pm

New video. Might be a bit NSFW, depending on your employer's policy of twerking. butt dance

I was initially a little disappointed with this new album, but a few spins and it's a grower. It's definitely their most accessible, as far as vocals and melodies go. I'm digging it.

PostSubject: Re: Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun   Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 4:44 pm

I listened to it once on Spotify but haven't felt like revisiting it yet. I didn't really like The Hunter except for a few songs.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun   Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 4:51 pm

S.D. wrote:
I listened to it once on Spotify but haven't felt like revisiting it yet.  I didn't really like The Hunter except for a few songs.

I felt that way about The Hunter too - I loved Crack The Skye and felt let down by Hunter. I've listened to the new one a few times and its much better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun   Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun
Page 1 of 1