Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saigon Kick

Go down 
+8
tohostudios
Eyesore
Lurideath
Lari
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Hadley
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Saigon Kick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saigon Kick   Saigon Kick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2021 12:20 pm

CMC was a cool label, they rescued a lot of bands/artists from oblivion in the early 90s. Not just hard rock/metal,  but a lot of classic rock acts too (Styx, Lynrd Skynrd, Pat Benatar, B.O.C., etc.)

I always pictured them hanging around the headquarters of the major record companies with a big net, waiting for the big labels to kick out their metal bands, so they could scoop 'em up and offer them a contract Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Saigon Kick   Saigon Kick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2021 6:31 pm

“Kicked” to the Curb

A concept album from Jason Bieler about the rise and fall of SK.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Saigon Kick   Saigon Kick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2021 7:45 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
CMC was a cool label, they rescued a lot of bands/artists from oblivion in the early 90s. Not just hard rock/metal,  but a lot of classic rock acts too (Styx, Lynrd Skynrd, Pat Benatar, B.O.C., etc.)

I always pictured them hanging around the headquarters of the major record companies with a big net, waiting for the big labels to kick out their metal bands, so they could scoop 'em up and offer them a contract Very Happy

The problem is that with a lot of releases, even ones I liked, they had some very thin production. I know they were a smaller label, but stuff like Overkill's The Killing Kind or Dokken's Erase the Slate (which I love) would have been massively improved by better production. At least Frontiers, for the most part, have better produced stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saigon Kick   Saigon Kick - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saigon Kick
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2