Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mob Rules (The Band) - Thoughts?

Go down 
+2
scottmitchell74
ghost
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Mob Rules (The Band) - Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Mob Rules (The Band) - Thoughts?   Mob Rules (The Band) - Thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 1:33 am

I'm sure a lot of you know about this band, so I'm curious to hear some opinions. I own Hollowed Be Thy Name and I think it's killer, one of the best power metal albums I own. I think it's the perfect mix of speed, power and melody. I know they have a lot more albums, so I'm curious to know how their other albums hold up compared to Hollowed Be Thy Name.

I just listened to it again today, so I figured I'd ask.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Mob Rules (The Band) - Thoughts?   Mob Rules (The Band) - Thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 1:51 am

I have Among The Gods and Ethnolution A.D. so I can’t compare them to Hallowed Be Thy Name. But these CDs are both perfect Melodic Metal on a very high level. I like the progressive and epic elements in their titles. The voice of Klaus Dirks is incredible and I can’t find any bad song on the CDs.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Mob Rules (The Band) - Thoughts?   Mob Rules (The Band) - Thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 8:04 am

Thanks to the evil Ghost (via a comp swap) all of Mob Rules are on my "want" list. I have nothing to add that helps you Eyesore, but just to say "I like and want too!"
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Mob Rules (The Band) - Thoughts?   Mob Rules (The Band) - Thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 9:57 am

I recently unloaded Hollowed Be Thy Name. I picked it up at a time I was getting into allot of European power metal and honestly, it didn't do anything for me. Yea, they're talented, the music was good, but ultimately, nothing stood out. I would listen to it and soon as it was over, it was forgotten. It did nothing for me, so I sold it.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Mob Rules (The Band) - Thoughts?   Mob Rules (The Band) - Thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 10:43 am

ghost wrote:
I have Among The Gods and Ethnolution A.D. so I can’t compare them to Hallowed Be Thy Name. But these CDs are both perfect Melodic Metal on a very high level. I like the progressive and epic elements in their titles. The voice of Klaus Dirks is incredible and I can’t find any bad song on the CDs.

My sentiments exactly! I have both those albums and love them both. Of course they aren't breaking any new ground with their music (typical melodic power metal) but again I love power metal so much that origionality is not a priority if the music is good (the album covers are great too).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Mob Rules (The Band) - Thoughts?   Mob Rules (The Band) - Thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 10:51 am

I had Temple of Two Suns CD but I traded it away years ago. It sounded to "gay" for me Very Happy

But I still have the burn of it and I really like to listen to it from time to time. In fact, I'm listening to it right now Smile
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Mob Rules (The Band) - Thoughts?   Mob Rules (The Band) - Thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 12:24 pm

Nowhere near as good as the album they are named after IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mob Rules (The Band) - Thoughts?   Mob Rules (The Band) - Thoughts? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mob Rules (The Band) - Thoughts?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: