Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Powerwolf - Call of the Wild

Go down 
+2
Gilbert
Lari
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6327

Powerwolf - Call of the Wild Empty
PostSubject: Powerwolf - Call of the Wild   Powerwolf - Call of the Wild Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2021 3:42 pm

https://www.powerwolf-shop.com/

https://www.powerwolf.net/2021/03/31/call-of-the-wild-artwork-and-release-date/

New album will be released 9th July 2021, and it's CALL OF THE WILD.

Powerwolf - Call of the Wild 1000x1000

Powerwolf are tremendous and their last one was one of their best CDs. Sacrament of Sin.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: Powerwolf - Call of the Wild   Powerwolf - Call of the Wild Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2021 4:52 pm

Was just reading about it yesterday. This is on my want list.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: Powerwolf - Call of the Wild   Powerwolf - Call of the Wild Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2021 1:27 am

I've checked out a few songs by these guys. But for whatever reason I can't get into them.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Powerwolf - Call of the Wild   Powerwolf - Call of the Wild Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2021 1:32 am

nevermore wrote:
I've checked out a few songs by these guys. But for whatever reason I can't get into them.

I felt the same way, when i was trying to get into them. Then, it clicked.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Powerwolf - Call of the Wild   Powerwolf - Call of the Wild Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2021 5:43 pm

Gilbert wrote:
nevermore wrote:

I felt the same way, when i was trying to get into them. Then, it clicked.

i go back and forth. I like some of their songs but I have to be in the right mood to listen to them...

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Powerwolf - Call of the Wild   Powerwolf - Call of the Wild Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2021 4:03 pm

New song out:

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Powerwolf - Call of the Wild   Powerwolf - Call of the Wild Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2021 8:18 am

Another song out:

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Powerwolf - Call of the Wild   Powerwolf - Call of the Wild Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2021 1:06 pm

Neither song is among their best.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Powerwolf - Call of the Wild   Powerwolf - Call of the Wild Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2021 4:23 pm

True. Nothing special about those songs so far.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Powerwolf - Call of the Wild   Powerwolf - Call of the Wild Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 8:54 pm

Haven't listened to those above, doesn't matter though as Powerwolf is an automatic buy for me.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Powerwolf - Call of the Wild   Powerwolf - Call of the Wild Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2021 3:12 pm

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Powerwolf - Call of the Wild   Powerwolf - Call of the Wild Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2021 10:38 am

I ordered the 2CD mediabook. 

The second disc:

CD 2 (Bonus Album) - Title: Missa Cantorem
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Powerwolf - Call of the Wild   Powerwolf - Call of the Wild Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2021 11:15 am

Haven't decided whether or not i will be picking this one up.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Powerwolf - Call of the Wild   Powerwolf - Call of the Wild Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2021 5:31 pm

It's a great album, but it Powerwolf, so at this point relatively predictable. I'd never be able to listen to all their albums throughout a day, you know.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Powerwolf - Call of the Wild   Powerwolf - Call of the Wild Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2021 5:51 pm

Eyesore wrote:
It's a great album, but it Powerwolf, so at this point relatively predictable. I'd never be able to listen to all their albums throughout a day, you know.

I like the new album but I agree - they know their niche and stick to it.

Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Powerwolf - Call of the Wild   Powerwolf - Call of the Wild Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2021 6:46 pm

My copy didn't arrive yet but I watched the Metal Mass DVD tonight, (or rather the first of the three shows on it), and damn if the band isn't amazing! The songs are meant to be played live, and if there's a song you can't sing along to, it ain't making the cut. It won't be on the album.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Powerwolf - Call of the Wild   Powerwolf - Call of the Wild Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2021 8:07 pm

The new album is typical Powerwolf, and by that I mean awesome!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Powerwolf - Call of the Wild   Powerwolf - Call of the Wild Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2021 7:50 am

The first few songs didn't do much for me, but that run of four songs in the end is great. The title track, then Sermon of Swords (infectious and fast!), Undress to Confess and Reverent of Rats is a great way to finish an album.

Glaubenskraft is also probably their best German-sung track thus far. Slow and heavy.

Maybe the first half of the album gets better after it sinks in a little better. But for now I think I like Sacrament of Sin better than this.

Once again, as usual with Powerwolf releases, the bonus CD makes this a great package. Different guest singers do their takes on Powerwolf classics. Art, and just the whole mediabook is also beautiful. They look after their paying fans.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Powerwolf - Call of the Wild   Powerwolf - Call of the Wild Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2021 8:37 pm

Lari wrote:
The first few songs didn't do much for me, but that run of four songs in the end is great. The title track, then Sermon of Swords (infectious and fast!), Undress to Confess and Reverent of Rats is a great way to finish an album.

Glaubenskraft is also probably their best German-sung track thus far. Slow and heavy.

Maybe the first half of the album gets better after it sinks in a little better. But for now I think I like Sacrament of Sin better than this.

Once again, as usual with Powerwolf releases, the bonus CD makes this a great package. Different guest singers do their takes on Powerwolf classics. Art, and just the whole mediabook is also beautiful. They look after their paying fans.

You are so right on both accounts. Sacrament of Sin is a better album and that bonus CD is great! I got the bonus CD for Sacrament and when I got Blessed and Possessed I made sure to bonus covers album. Still stoked that a band actually covered a Savatage song (Edge Of Thorn which was my very first Savatage song and favorite album), Savatage doesn't get covered much.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Powerwolf - Call of the Wild   Powerwolf - Call of the Wild Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2021 2:31 am

Powerwolf - Call of the Wild Pw10

I've got the 2-disc versions of each of the last four albums, and the two History of Heresy box sets. Also the Wolfsnachte EP and the 2DVD+CD Metal Mass Live.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Powerwolf - Call of the Wild   Powerwolf - Call of the Wild Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2021 4:15 am

Awesome collection. Still haven't decided whether to buy the new album or not.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Powerwolf - Call of the Wild   Powerwolf - Call of the Wild Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Powerwolf - Call of the Wild
Page 1 of 1