Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007

Go down 
+5
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
ultmetal
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007   Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 9:48 am

As some of you know, my family and I act in a "haunted house" every Halloween. Some people may disagree with a Christian having anything to do with this 'holiday' but quite frankly, I don't care. My family have fun together acting in this event and we just find it to be harmless fun. Last year I posted photos of the different creatures we played. I'll do the same this year. I'll post more once the house opens up again on Friday, Oct. 26th.

Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007 L_cfee2c9b738c6e2b22752d97241da707
Playing the part of the Devil in the Devil's Inferno over the weekend. I had tohave my entire body from waist up in red makeup. Here I am pictured backstage, but under the red lights and smoke of the Inferno room, it looks much better. I felt a bit weird wearing only a cape and some Satan bling at first, but was much more comfortable once I was actually playing the role in the room. Other rooms in the house this year are the haunted library, the morgue, the skeleton room, the dwelling of the dead, the illusion room, the haunted cemetary, the infection room, the maze, the Micheal Meyers room, and severa others.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007   Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 10:24 am

Cool ult. I love Halloween too and i am a christian also. I see nothing wrong with it. I am into horror movies and it's just fun to dress up like a ghoul once a year and have a little fun.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007   Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 10:55 am

A few from last year:
Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007 1377521118_l
Myself as the gatekeeper of the house.

Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007 1358889619_l
My daughter as Dracula's daughter.

Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007 1358890244_l
My daughter as the Mad Doctor's victim.

As usual, these pictures are all taken back stage. The lighting effects and the smoke don't allow for very good photos inside the house unfortunately.

ult

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007   Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 10:59 am

Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007 Mime-6
My daughter, last year, as a zombie coming out of a grave in the graveyard. Unfortunately the black light that makes this room work doesn't work well for photos.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007   Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 12:38 pm

Quote :
quite frankly, I don't care.

Me too....and I had to make this quite clear to my wife early on who thinks it's evil....To her credit she's embraced the holiday and the house and my children are already decked out in Halloween stuff. I came home from work Saturday morning to find Spider-Man and Spiderella occupying my house! From mid - Oct. to Feb. 2 is my favorite time of year hands down!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007   Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 12:51 pm

Hahaha, awesome pix Scott. Hard to tell who's having more fun doing this -- you or your kids? Smile
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007   Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 1:16 pm

Thats cool Ult.I have no problem with Halloween.I was raised in a christian home and was always allowed to go Trick or Treating.Never was a big deal with my folks.Its all harmless fun,IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007   Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 1:20 pm

I don't think that true evil is hidden behind masks of children asking for candy. Those that believe Halloween is an evil time, need to go ahead and give all their money to Pat Robertson and be in bed by 7. Halloween wasn't meant for them anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007   Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 2:18 pm

Hey! That lady in the red cape has some nice boobs!!1!!1!

Razz just kidding

Just kidding Scott!!! crazy happy

Looks like you guys have a cool haunted house. Awesome pics.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007   Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 2:52 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I felt a bit weird wearing only a cape and some Satan bling

"Satan Bling" would be an EXCELLENT name for a band.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007   Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 5:24 pm

Freddy...I swear I was going to post the same thing....

SATAN BLING.....

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007   Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 6:23 am

Shiney wrote:
Freddy...I swear I was going to post the same thing....

SATAN BLING.....

Great minds think alike? Laughing
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007   Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 11:40 am

Has this holiday expanded a lot in the US? Here in Norway we've only just in recent years egan to adopt this holiday, maybe only the last 3 or 4 years. But we still only have the 31. of Halloween as the date to do any real "celebrating". And it is stil only someone having a costume party, and the kids going trick or treating. Noone is carving pumpkins or decorating the house.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007   Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 11:56 am

No, the 31st, or the weekend that lands before it, is usually when Halloween or Harvest Festival is celebrated in the U.S. However, stuff like the Haunted House, corn mazes, pumpkin patches, etc. usually run throughout October. It wouldn't be financially viable to put as much money into things like the Haunted House if it were only open for one day a year.

ult

nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007   Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 8:35 am

I am interested to know what this Haunted House thing is all about as i cant say i have encountered it before
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007   Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 9:22 am

You've not heard of a "haunted house"? Ever seen the Disney Movie with Eddie Murphy called "Haunted Mansion" or watched any of the Scooby Doo cartoons? Ghosts, goblins, witches, devils and all things that go bump in the night?

It's nothing more than a bunch of spooky rooms with actors dressed up as ghouls, set up to scare and startle those who are coming through the house.

nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007   Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 9:37 am

yeah i know what a haunted house is (the movie with eddie murphy was rubbish) but i have never actually seen one where people dress up in a house or anything
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007   Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 9:46 am

They have had Haunted Houses at DisneyWorld/Land since the 60's. Their haunted house is very different as it has a lot of cool effects to create ghost-like creatures and no actors. Also, theme parks like Universal Studios and such have them. I went to one a few years ago that was based on some Dracular movie. Very cool. Scared the crap out of my son. LOL!

The haunted house in the U.S. seems to be a Fall tradition around the time of Harvest Festival and Halloween. The house we work in is built inside the local community center. Each room has several actors and uses special lighting effects (black lights, strobes, colored lights, etc.), fake walls, trap doors, smoke, mirrors, dark corners, etc. to create the effects, as well as the actors that are wearing costumes, masks, make-up, etc. It's very cool and fun. I guess it's a thrill to be scared and startled. My family has fun working in it each year.

(oh, and I liked the Haunted Mansion movie. Thought it was fun, especially since I am familiar with the Disney Haunted Houses.)

nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007   Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 9:49 am

sounds like it would be fun. i know they had a haunted house at disney but i have never actually mean there so i have not seen it

sounds like it might be an expensive thing to do. if we did it hear i doubt it wouls be very successful (or it might be i dont know)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007   Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 10:10 am

Does anyone know if Phil Anselmo still does his "House of Shock" haunted-house attraction in New Orleans? In years past that used to get a lot of press in the metal magazines. It looked pretty hardcore.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007   Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 10:18 am

Haunted House On-line
http://www.hauntedhouseonline.com/find_haunts.cfm?CFID=3107857&CFTOKEN=25124463

Another Haunted House in New Mexico:
http://www.hauntplex.com/albuquerque/index.html

nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007   Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 4:22 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Does anyone know if Phil Anselmo still does his "House of Shock" haunted-house attraction in New Orleans? In years past that used to get a lot of press in the metal magazines. It looked pretty hardcore.

that would be cool to see but maybe he did not do it anymore due to the hurricane who knows
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007   Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 4:23 pm

TheGooch wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

that would be cool to see but maybe he did not do it anymore due to the hurricane who knows

...or because of heroin....
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007   Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 9:11 pm

kmorg wrote:
Has this holiday expanded a lot in the US? Here in Norway we've only just in recent years egan to adopt this holiday, maybe only the last 3 or 4 years. But we still only have the 31. of Halloween as the date to do any real "celebrating". And it is stil only someone having a costume party, and the kids going trick or treating. Noone is carving pumpkins or decorating the house.

You could have fooled me. I thought it was Halloween everyday there since the black metal bands started.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007   Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 5:12 pm

I performed the part of Satan again last night. Not sure what part I will be performing tonight.

Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007 L_d05315498a3a7dc594f152693d807b32

My son was a Host that would walk people through each room of the house
and then leave them to get lost in the maze. He was a gansta hood just
out of a prison brawl. My daughter was a torted soul in my Devil's
inferno.

Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007 L_46c40f20e5a0502038ba8fda308450d8

Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007 L_bc9c60ab32b4af1e0630ae7c14317b4a

ult

PostSubject: Re: Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007   Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rio Rancho Haunted House 2007
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next