Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Haunted

Go down 
+3
mc666
MetalGuy71
Eyesore
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

The Haunted Empty
PostSubject: The Haunted   The Haunted Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 12:27 pm

An unexpected return to form!

Quote :
"Cutting Teeth", a brand new song from Swedish metallers THE HAUNTED, can be streamed in the YouTube clip below. The track is taken from the band's new album, "Exit Wounds", which will be released on August 25 in Europe and September 2 in North America via Century Media. The CD was once again recorded with the group's longtime producer Tue Madsen at Denmark's Antfarm Studio (DARK TRANQUILLITY, HEAVEN SHALL BURN, SICK OF IT ALL) and features THE HAUNTED's revamped lineup: founding members Jonas Björler (bass) and Patrik Jensen (guitar) along with with returning members Adrian Erlandsson (drums) and Marco Aro (vocals), and the band's latest addition, guitarist Ola Englund.

Aro states about "Cutting Teeth": "Here's an evil little piece of work that was one of the last songs we recorded for 'Exit Wounds'. It represents quite a lot of what THE HAUNTED is all about: breaking new ground, pissing people off, exploring unfamiliar territories, all of this... just to feed the hungry machine that is THE HAUNTED! Always curious, always hungry, always thirsting for more... in words... 'Cutting Teeth'!"

THE HAUNTED has also revealed that "Exit Wounds" features two special guests appearing on the song "Trend Killer": Jed Simon (SCAR THE MARTYR, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD) on lead guitar and Chuck Billy (TESTAMENT) on vocals.

Said Billy: "I have always been a THE HAUNTED fan and became friends with the band over the years. When they asked if I would like to sing on a song for the new album with Marco singing, I didn't have to think twice about doing it. When I received the track and listened for the first time, I said, 'F*ck Yeah...this is gonna be brutal!'"

"Exit Wounds" track listing:

01. 317
02. Cutting Teeth
03. My Salvation
04. Psychonaut
05. Eye Of The Storm
06. Trend Killer (feat. Chuck Billy, Jed Simon)
07. Time (Will Not Heal)
08. All I Have
09. Temptation
10. My Enemy
11. Kill The Light
12. This War
13. Infiltrator
14. Ghost In The Machine

Comments Aro: "This time around we've found our way back to where we once started! You could say that we've gathered the old crew, both in music and the artwork.

"Our old friend Andreas 'Diaz' Pettersson is back, an amazing artist with a rap sheet which includes the artwork on no less than four THE HAUNTED albums. He always finds a way to put our thoughts into print where he sometimes even scares us a bit...and this release in no different.

"We decided on 'Exit Wounds' as being a good title for the album given the recent history of the band, but also a sort of a phoenix rising.

"We are so excited about this little thing we've created!

"Can't wait to get out there and start playing these songs and for me personally, I could not be more proud of what we have done. I really hope you're going to enjoy it!"

THE HAUNTED released a new three-song single, "Eye Of The Storm", on January 20 in Europe and January 21 in North America via Century Media Records.

"Eye Of The Storm" was made available as limited-edition seven-inch EP (1,000 copies split as follows: 500 on black vinyl, 300 on red vinyl and 200 on white vinyl) and as digital single, featuring the new songs "Eye Of The Storm", "Infiltrator" and "My Enemy".

"Eye Of The Storm" track listing:

01. Eye Of The Storm
02. Infiltrator
03. My Enemy

The single marked the recording debut of THE HAUNTED's new lineup, which was announced last summer, featuring founding members Patrik Jensen (guitar) and Jonas Björler (bass), returning members Marco Aro (vocals) and Adrian Erlandsson (drums), as well as new guitarist Ola Englund.

THE HAUNTED's 2014 lineup:

* Patrik Jensen - Guitar
* Ola Englund (SIX FEET UNDER, FEARED) - Guitar
* Marco Aro (THE RESISTANCE, FACE DOWN) - Vocals
* Jonas Björler - Bass
* Adrian Erlandsson (AT THE GATES, PARADISE LOST) - Drums

Vocalist Marco Aro (ex-FACE DOWN, also in THE RESISTANCE) was previously involved with THE HAUNTED for three acclaimed releases between 1999 and 2003 as well as for several worldwide touring campaigns. Drummer Adrian Erlandsson (also in AT THE GATES and PARADISE LOST) belonged to the original lineup of THE HAUNTED together the Björler twins after the demise of their previous legendary group, AT THE GATES. Together with Jensen, they launched THE HAUNTED's self-titled debut in 1998, an album which has been widely considered as the kick-start for a new era in the thrash metal movement and which, despite its initial underground status, climbed to be a massively inspirational record for a whole new generation of musicians and bands in the following decade. Guitarist Ola Englund is a highly talented young player from Sweden, who has recently been active as touring and recording member of U.S. death metal institution SIX FEET UNDER.

The Haunted Thehauntedexitwoundscd
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Haunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Haunted   The Haunted Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 12:33 pm

I had One Kill Wonder from these guys years ago, but the vocals just grated on my nerves. The new tune carries on in that tradition. A song or 2, I could tolerate, but a whole album of that screaming would make me beat my wife and children. And noone wants that.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

The Haunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Haunted   The Haunted Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 1:36 pm

Sounds like they are back on the right track.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

The Haunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Haunted   The Haunted Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 11:35 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I had One Kill Wonder from these guys years ago, but the vocals just grated on my nerves. The new tune carries on in that tradition. A song or 2, I could tolerate, but a whole album of that screaming would make me beat my wife and children. And noone wants that.

Speak for yourself.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

The Haunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Haunted   The Haunted Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 11:37 pm

mc666 wrote:

Though I said it's a "return to form," I really have no preference. I just meant it's old-school The Haunted. I love the Dolving-era albums.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

The Haunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Haunted   The Haunted Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 1:11 am

Eyesore wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Though I said it's a "return to form," I really have no preference. I just meant it's old-school The Haunted. I love the Dolving-era albums.

I liked them too... overall. They were a bit more spotty for me though.

Wait...you're serious???
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 2

The Haunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Haunted   The Haunted Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 8:07 am

I always expected The Haunted to return to form... headbanger 
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

The Haunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Haunted   The Haunted Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 11:53 am

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Speak for yourself.

Eh, it's definitely me. I'm getting less and less tolerant of harsh vocals as I get older. Even stuff that I really liked at one time is starting to sound less-than-pleasing to my ears.

Actually it's not me. It's SCIENCE!!

Quote :
When you're a kid, the absolute worst music in the world is whatever your parents are listening to. Your dad is out in the garage listening to goddamned Foghat, and you wonder why he doesn't want to cram that power drill right into his ear.

Then when you grow up, the absolute worst music in the world is whatever the teenagers are listening to. You're still listening to real rock or rap, the hardcore stuff from back when music was genuine, while they're listening to some derivative manufactured Justin Bieber bullshit. Dammit, why won't they listen when you try to show then what real music sounds like?

If you're reading this and are somewhere in between the "kid" and "grownup" stages, you're probably thinking that you'd never just let your musical tastes freeze in time. You'll keep finding new bands as they emerge, staying on the cutting edge until the day you die.

But Over Time ...

As you get older, your brain becomes more and more unable to handle dopamine, which, is a big factor in making us feel "the chills" when a new exciting piece of music comes on.

Because nothing you hear will have that same effect on you as the fresh exciting sounds of your youth, it will become harder and harder to get fired up about new music. Your musical taste will therefore stagnate, regardless of how on top of the trends you were at 17. If you want to know what new music will sound like when you're 50, go spend an hour watching TV shows intended for toddlers. See how long you can tolerate it.

So, you'll get older and settle down and, inevitably, the ubiquitous Rumours album by Fleetwood Mac will mysteriously appear in your collection, like a Gideon Bible in a hotel. Just accept it.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

The Haunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Haunted   The Haunted Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 12:08 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Speak for yourself.

Eh, it's definitely me. I'm getting less and less tolerant of harsh vocals as I get older. Even stuff that I really liked at one time is starting to sound less-than-pleasing to my ears.

Quote :
When you're a kid, the absolute worst music in the world is whatever your parents are listening to. Your dad is out in the garage listening to goddamned Foghat, and you wonder why he doesn't want to cram that power drill right into his ear.

Then when you grow up, the absolute worst music in the world is whatever the teenagers are listening to. You're still listening to real rock or rap, the hardcore stuff from back when music was genuine, while they're listening to some derivative manufactured Justin Bieber bullshit. Dammit, why won't they listen when you try to show then what real music sounds like?

If you're reading this and are somewhere in between the "kid" and "grownup" stages, you're probably thinking that you'd never just let your musical tastes freeze in time. You'll keep finding new bands as they emerge, staying on the cutting edge until the day you die.

But Over Time ...

As you get older, your brain becomes more and more unable to handle dopamine, which, is a big factor in making us feel "the chills" when a new exciting piece of music comes on.

Because nothing you hear will have that same effect on you as the fresh exciting sounds of your youth, it will become harder and harder to get fired up about new music. Your musical taste will therefore stagnate, regardless of how on top of the trends you were at 17. If you want to know what new music will sound like when you're 50, go spend an hour watching TV shows intended for toddlers. See how long you can tolerate it.

So, you'll get older and settle down and, inevitably, the ubiquitous Rumours album by Fleetwood Mac will mysteriously appear in your collection, like a Gideon Bible in a hotel. Just accept it.

What is the link for that??  lol! 
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

The Haunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Haunted   The Haunted Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 12:11 pm

It's just one of 7 reasons you'll grow up to be just like your parents, no matter how hard you try not to...

http://www.cracked.com/article_19722_7-scientific-reasons-youll-turn-out-just-like-your-parents.html

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

The Haunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Haunted   The Haunted Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 1:03 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Speak for yourself.

Quote :

But Over Time ...

Going to seek treatment for chronic depression now, thanks mg...
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

The Haunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Haunted   The Haunted Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 1:40 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Speak for yourself.

Quote :

But Over Time ...

This is where I'm really kidding myself because although I'm still exploring a lot of current stuff. Most of it sounds suspiciously like the stuff that my dad spent ages trying to convince me wasn't 'boring old hippy shit'  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

The Haunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Haunted   The Haunted Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 9:08 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Speak for yourself.

Quote :

But Over Time ...

I was making a joke about you beating your wife and kids.  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Haunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Haunted   The Haunted Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Haunted
Page 1 of 1