Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Godzilla vs Kong

Go down 
+5
Troublezone
SideShowDisaSter
manny
tohostudios
9 posters
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Godzilla vs Kong Empty
PostSubject: Godzilla vs Kong   Godzilla vs Kong Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2021 6:19 pm

Look what's coming next month:

I knew this was in the works back when Godzilla King of the Monsters came out but after that film failed to make much of a splash I was afraid G vs K wouldn't get made.  Guess it did. headbanger

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

Godzilla vs Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla vs Kong   Godzilla vs Kong Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2021 7:39 pm

I'm looking forward to this. And thanks to HBO Max, I'll be able to watch this from the comfort of my living room.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Godzilla vs Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla vs Kong   Godzilla vs Kong Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 6:52 am

My youngest son and I are excited, cannot wait to see it!
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

Godzilla vs Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla vs Kong   Godzilla vs Kong Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 6:58 pm

Quite looking forward to this one. King of the Monsters was really enjoyable. Hopefully, they reduce the human parts again and give us more kaiju action.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Godzilla vs Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla vs Kong   Godzilla vs Kong Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2021 6:03 pm

The marketing campaign for this film is starting to pick up.  I've seen the trailer shown during various college basketball games multiple times today. 

I'm curious as to how they'll portray the main characters in this one.  In the first two US Godzilla movies in this series Godzilla was more or less a "good guy", battling "evil" monsters in both of them.  But it's pretty obvious from the trailers that in this one the Big G is playing a "heel" to Kong's "face" persona.  I want to know how they're going to suddenly make Godzilla evil after he basically "saved" the planet in the first two.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Godzilla vs Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla vs Kong   Godzilla vs Kong Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2021 6:14 pm

tohostudios wrote:
The marketing campaign for this film is starting to pick up.  I've seen the trailer shown during various college basketball games multiple times today. 

I'm curious as to how they'll portray the main characters in this one.  In the first two US Godzilla movies in this series Godzilla was more or less a "good guy", battling "evil" monsters in both of them.  But it's pretty obvious from the trailers that in this one the Big G is playing a "heel" to Kong's "face" persona.  I want to know how they're going to suddenly make Godzilla evil after he basically "saved" the planet in the first two.

Personal opinion: Godzilla is hunting Mecha-Godzilla. Mecha is taunting Kong into attacking / potentially killing the Big G. Those 2 slug it out, and later team up and smash Mecha G.

I could be wrong, but it's an easy set-up.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Godzilla vs Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla vs Kong   Godzilla vs Kong Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 6:19 am

Watched it last night. Very good film, lots of great monster action and visuals, but somewhat predictable.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

Godzilla vs Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla vs Kong   Godzilla vs Kong Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 4:57 pm

I’m rooting for Kong. Just because he’s the underdog!

He doesn’t have the fire breath or any special power. He only has brute force. He’s basically the original “Hulk”.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Godzilla vs Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla vs Kong   Godzilla vs Kong Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 5:03 pm

Imagine a new Marvel movie: The Hulk vs Kong!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Godzilla vs Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla vs Kong   Godzilla vs Kong Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 7:31 pm

007 wrote:
Watched it last night. Very good film, lots of great monster action and visuals, but somewhat predictable.

Spoiler:

My brother (the Godzilla expert in the family - yes, believe it or not he's a bigger G fan than I am) more or less agrees with you.

His review:

Quote :
Watched Godzilla vs. Kong last night. I'd say it was a fun thrill ride, lots of action, not a lot of human talking scenes. Didn't make a big impression, though.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

Godzilla vs Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla vs Kong   Godzilla vs Kong Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2021 2:40 am

007 wrote:

I watched this earlier. I agree with you.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

Godzilla vs Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla vs Kong   Godzilla vs Kong Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2021 10:16 pm

I saw it on opening night. Fun stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Godzilla vs Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla vs Kong   Godzilla vs Kong Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2021 12:04 am

...and The Asylum strikes again! Laughing very hard Well, at least their "special effects" department seems to have gotten A LITTLE better Laughing

Fat Freddy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

Godzilla vs Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla vs Kong   Godzilla vs Kong Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2021 7:58 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
...and The Asylum strikes again! Laughing very hard  Well, at least their "special effects" department seems to have gotten A LITTLE better Laughing

Good ole Asylum, reliable as the tide Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Godzilla vs Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla vs Kong   Godzilla vs Kong Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2021 8:36 am

That's hilarious! They don't even try to hide what they do! lol! lol!

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Godzilla vs Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla vs Kong   Godzilla vs Kong Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2021 8:50 pm

Just saw it.

Meh, I really loved the first one with the MUTOS (?)

The second one was cool revealing all of the classic monsters, although it was a messy show.

This one was too video game/technicolor for me. I thought they were trying to mimic that one Marvel movie where they were slave-gladiators and the Guardians of the Galaxy vibe.

I don't know. Maybe another watch or two?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Godzilla vs Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla vs Kong   Godzilla vs Kong Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2021 9:33 pm

^^ see, you shoulda watched "Ape vs. Monster" instead. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Godzilla vs Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla vs Kong   Godzilla vs Kong Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2021 9:56 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Just saw it.

Meh, I really loved the first one with the MUTOS (?)

The second one was cool revealing all of the classic monsters, although it was a messy show.

This one was too video game/technicolor for me. I thought they were trying to mimic that one Marvel movie where they were slave-gladiators and the Guardians of the Galaxy vibe.

I don't know. Maybe another watch or two?

That's pretty much the reaction my brother had to it too and since he's the Godzilla fan in the family (believe it or not he's way more into it than I am) I haven't bothered to watch it yet. I'm sure I will eventually though.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Godzilla vs Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla vs Kong   Godzilla vs Kong Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2021 10:34 pm

There are talks of a sequel.

https://collider.com/godzilla-vs-kong-sequel-adam-wingard-monsterverse/
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Godzilla vs Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla vs Kong   Godzilla vs Kong Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2021 1:35 am

How about King Kong Jr vs Mighty Joe Young?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Godzilla vs Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla vs Kong   Godzilla vs Kong Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2021 12:32 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I watched "Ape vs. Monster" this morning, and I hereby take back this post. You should NOT watch "Ape vs. Monster." Bad! Bad bad bad! And that's coming from the guy who usually enjoys The Asylum's movies! Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Godzilla vs Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla vs Kong   Godzilla vs Kong Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2021 2:05 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I watched "Ape vs. Monster" this morning, and I hereby take back this post. You should NOT watch "Ape vs. Monster." Bad! Bad bad bad! And that's coming from the guy who usually enjoys The Asylum's movies! Laughing very hard

Need to watch out of curiosity now! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Godzilla vs Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla vs Kong   Godzilla vs Kong Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2021 5:03 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

It's about 80 minutes of the human characters arguing, and maybe five minutes of monster mayhem, tops. Even by Asylum standards, it's pretty poor.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Godzilla vs Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla vs Kong   Godzilla vs Kong Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2021 10:12 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

It's about 80 minutes of the human characters arguing, and maybe five minutes of monster mayhem, tops. Even by Asylum standards, it's pretty poor.

Kind of like the Walking Dead is nowadays. It’s all drama, barely any monsters anymore.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Godzilla vs Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla vs Kong   Godzilla vs Kong Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2021 2:35 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Considering The Asylum is pretty much a Black Hole of acting talent, I can't imagine that 80 minutes was a thrill ride lol!

Godzilla vs Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla vs Kong   Godzilla vs Kong Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Godzilla vs Kong
Page 1 of 1