Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stryper “Even the devil believes”

Go down 
+11
glassprison
John Madden
James B.
mikeinfla
Fat Freddy
nevermore
Troublezone
Wrecked Neck
Gilbert
Thrasher73
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17062

Stryper “Even the devil believes” - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stryper “Even the devil believes”   Stryper “Even the devil believes” - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2020 8:54 pm

I have a feeling this is gonna be their best album since Against the Law. The guitars are beefed up louder and the tone is like the early days. I didn’t get the last album, but this one is a sure thing!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9873

PostSubject: Re: Stryper “Even the devil believes”   Stryper “Even the devil believes” - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2020 5:41 am

Troublezone wrote:
I have a feeling this is gonna be their best album since Against the Law. The guitars are beefed up louder and the tone is like the early days. I didn’t get the last album, but this one is a sure thing!

God Damn evil was a bit boring to be honest. Kind of rushed.

Hope this one will be better.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Stryper “Even the devil believes”   Stryper “Even the devil believes” - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2020 1:17 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

That “Take It to the Cross” song is horrible! Michael sounds like a crazy hag. The album title also seemed like a lame attempt to shock the fans. I have since heard samples of the whole thing, and I’m not feeling it.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Stryper “Even the devil believes”   Stryper “Even the devil believes” - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2020 3:42 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

That “Take It to the Cross” song is horrible! Michael sounds like a crazy hag. The album title also seemed like a lame attempt to shock the fans. I have since heard samples of the whole thing, and I’m not feeling it.

I bought the album out of love and support for Stryper. After a couple of listens however , it's now sitting peacefully on the shelves.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: Stryper “Even the devil believes”   Stryper “Even the devil believes” - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2020 4:01 pm

I liked "God Damn Evil." Even that silly as hell "Take It To The Cross" grew on me after a while. Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Stryper “Even the devil believes”   Stryper “Even the devil believes” - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2020 4:27 pm

I just bought a $7.77 "ticket" to the first of the live listening parties they are doing starting this Friday. Apparently it is going to be about 90 minutes. The band will talk about their general perceptions of the album to start, and will then comment on the writing and recording of each track after they are played.

I think it's a pretty cool thing to do, and something that I could see being done regardless of there being a pandemic and a surplus of virtual events. I can think of a number of bands for which I would buy into this kind of event if it was offered.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Stryper “Even the devil believes”   Stryper “Even the devil believes” - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2020 10:58 pm

glassprison wrote:
I just bought a $7.77 "ticket" to the first of the live listening parties they are doing starting this Friday. Apparently it is going to be about 90 minutes. The band will talk about their general perceptions of the album to start, and will then comment on the writing and recording of each track after they are played.

I think it's a pretty cool thing to do, and something that I could see being done regardless of there being a pandemic and a surplus of virtual events. I can think of a number of bands for which I would buy into this kind of event if it was offered.

Interesting! The new Stryper is next on my Amazon order list, along with Heathen headbanger headbanger.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Stryper “Even the devil believes”   Stryper “Even the devil believes” - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2020 6:22 am

Got notification from Amazon mine shipped. Will prob be here today or tomorrow. Some people who ordered the colored vinyl already have it in hand.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Stryper “Even the devil believes”   Stryper “Even the devil believes” - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 10:16 am

New album is out today.
I ordered my CD copy yesterday, now I play the waiting game...

New video for "Do Unto Others"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Stryper “Even the devil believes”   Stryper “Even the devil believes” - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 12:09 pm

I listened to Fallen this morning, and now I'm counting down until the listening party begins in about five hours.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 675

PostSubject: Re: Stryper “Even the devil believes”   Stryper “Even the devil believes” - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 4:01 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
New album is out today.

Love the song and look of the video, but it comes off as the Michael Sweet solo band. He's way too out in front for a "band".
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25766

PostSubject: Re: Stryper “Even the devil believes”   Stryper “Even the devil believes” - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 4:22 pm

Big Rich wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
New album is out today.

Love the song and look of the video, but it comes off as the Michael Sweet solo band. He's way too out in front for a "band".

It's kinda been that way for awhile.

I'm going to order this soon.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: Stryper “Even the devil believes”   Stryper “Even the devil believes” - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 4:36 pm

nevermore wrote:
Big Rich wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
New album is out today.

It's kinda been that way for awhile.

I'm going to order this soon.

Not sure Ive ever seen him that far out front before.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Stryper “Even the devil believes”   Stryper “Even the devil believes” - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 9:03 pm

That song I think is particularly up front with Michael. During the fan listening party today he talked a lot about his favorite parts of other songs being contributions from the other members, whether drum parts or bass lines.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: Stryper “Even the devil believes”   Stryper “Even the devil believes” - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2020 9:26 am

This is easly my favorite Stryper record since To Hell. Stryper always has diverse albums but this is their most diverse imo.

Invitation Only is like no other song they've ever recorded.

mikeinfla likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Stryper “Even the devil believes”   Stryper “Even the devil believes” - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2020 1:13 pm

I just went ahead and ordered both Michael’s last solo album and the new Stryper. Both are solid and heavy offerings!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39407

PostSubject: Re: Stryper “Even the devil believes”   Stryper “Even the devil believes” - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2020 6:37 pm

^^^^ That new avatar is hilarious!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Stryper “Even the devil believes”   Stryper “Even the devil believes” - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2020 11:09 pm

007 wrote:
^^^^  That new avatar is hilarious!

I know! It’s popular to rip on Trump, but I personally think Biden is even funnier! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Stryper “Even the devil believes”   Stryper “Even the devil believes” - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 1:50 am

Troublezone wrote:
I just went ahead and ordered both Michael’s last solo album and the new Stryper. Both are solid and heavy offerings!

The latest Michael Sweet album was very good. Highly recommended headbanger.

Michael performs very well on one of the songs from the new Wolfpakk album.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Stryper “Even the devil believes”   Stryper “Even the devil believes” - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 8:50 am

Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

The latest Michael Sweet album was very good. Highly recommended headbanger.

Michael performs very well on one of the songs from the new Wolfpakk album.

I like the songs I’ve heard on the solo album! And there are some cool guest players like Jeff Loomis and Rich Ward. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Stryper “Even the devil believes”   Stryper “Even the devil believes” - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 10:30 am

My CD should be arriving within the next day or two, hopefully..

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Stryper “Even the devil believes”   Stryper “Even the devil believes” - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 10:42 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
My CD should be arriving within the next day or two, hopefully..

I will be including this in my next order, along with the new Heathen and Wolf (can't believe i still haven't picked up the latter).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Stryper “Even the devil believes”   Stryper “Even the devil believes” - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2020 5:47 pm

My CD came in the mail today. Two spins in and I'm already hooked. These guys keep getting BETTER with age.

Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: Stryper “Even the devil believes”   Stryper “Even the devil believes” - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2020 9:56 pm

Freddy, got mine today too. Sounds way better in my truck on cd than youtube clips.

Its so ironic that they took a beating in the 80s as far as people making fun of them, now they destroy just about every band in their genre.

mikeinfla likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Stryper “Even the devil believes”   Stryper “Even the devil believes” - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2020 1:39 pm

My review of the new album:

https://spinditty.com/genres/Stryper-Even-The-Devil-Believes-Review

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stryper “Even the devil believes”   Stryper “Even the devil believes” - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stryper “Even the devil believes”
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next