Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal

Go down 
+11
MetalGuy71
the sentinel
Required Fields
metalinmyveins
Mglaffas81
Fat Freddy
Glower
Gilbert
Witchfinder
Lari
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal Empty
PostSubject: 15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal   15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2020 8:03 am

Worth a read.

http://www.worshipmetal.com/features/15-under-appreciated-classics-of-80s-american-heavy-metal/

A bunch of great, great albums. And some I have never heard.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: 15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal   15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2020 8:46 am

Lari wrote:
Worth a read.

http://www.worshipmetal.com/features/15-under-appreciated-classics-of-80s-american-heavy-metal/

Nice read. I think I own 14 of these. Lol.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: 15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal   15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2020 11:18 am

Will read the article tonight. Thanks for sharing Lari.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: 15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal   15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2020 12:18 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Lari wrote:
Worth a read.

So which one's the one you don't own?
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: 15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal   15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2020 1:27 pm

The only one I own - currently - Thundersteel - Riot.
I’ve heard the others mentioned on threads, of course.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: 15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal   15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2020 1:29 pm

I only own three on that list (Crimson Glory, HittMan and Liege Lord). I guess I'm a poser. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: 15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal   15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2020 2:08 pm

Lari wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Lari wrote:
Worth a read.

So which one's the one you don't own?

The Fortress album is the only one I'm missing.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: 15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal   15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2020 2:15 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I only own three on that list (Crimson Glory, HittMan and Liege Lord). I guess I'm a poser. Very Happy
I'm at three as well.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: 15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal   15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2020 2:23 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Lari wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
I'm at three as well.

Ha! I only have 2 lame
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: 15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal   15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2020 2:28 pm

I own King of the Dead and The Spectre Within - I just recently purchased the latter, but the former I absolutely love.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: 15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal   15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2020 3:17 pm

I own The Spectre Within and will own King of the Dead one day. It's on my ever growing list of C.D's/Vinyl!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: 15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal   15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2020 3:22 pm

I own about eight of those, Thundersteel being my top favourite from the list. Hittman is also highly recommended.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: 15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal   15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2020 7:17 pm

Some very good albums on that list. Fates Warning, Riot, and Manilla Road in particular.

Helstar deserved an entry on the list, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: 15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal   15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2020 8:04 pm

Good read. I have 7 off the list and 3 are absolute desert island discs for me (Fates, Fifth, and Hittman)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: 15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal   15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2020 5:15 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I have (or had) four of those, so while I'm still in poser territory, I'm one more metal than you. Razz

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: 15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal   15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2020 5:43 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

Witchfinder is the tr00est among us tr00

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: 15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal   15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2020 6:20 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Witchfinder is the tr00est among us tr00

lol!
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: 15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal   15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2020 7:53 pm

Wow, I don't think I've listened to 90% of those in full. I'll make it a point to do so in the next few weeks!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: 15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal   15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2020 8:32 pm

glassprison wrote:
Wow, I don't think I've listened to 90% of those in full. I'll make it a point to do so in the next few weeks!

I definitely recommend the Hittman, If you grab it on vinyl get the version that comes with their demo EP.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: 15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal   15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2020 10:54 pm

I’ve got 4 of those releases, ain’t I cool?! Lol!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: 15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal   15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2020 5:14 am

the sentinel wrote:
glassprison wrote:

I definitely recommend the Hittman, If you grab it on vinyl get the version that comes with their demo EP.

Hittman was re-released by greek metal label No Remorse Records. This is where i got my cd from.

Excellent job headbanger.

This label is known to re-release lots of out of print albums.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: 15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal   15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2020 8:11 am

Gilbert wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
glassprison wrote:

Hittman was re-released by greek metal label No Remorse Records. This is where i got my cd from.

Yeah, they do a heck of a job. My vinyl is from them, but my original discs are from Steamhammer label. I got my eye on their Panther EP and I know I have a few more titles they have re released in my collection. I have been impressed with Divebonb as well the last few years as I get the feeling they put out a nice product for the money.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: 15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal   15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2020 12:42 pm

I have five on that list, plus I downloaded one. So technically I have six I guess lol
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: 15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal   15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2020 5:09 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
glassprison wrote:

Yeah, they do a heck of a job. My vinyl is from them, but my original discs are from Steamhammer label. I got my eye on their Panther EP and I know I have a few more titles they have re released in my collection. I have been impressed with Divebonb as well the last few years as I get the feeling they put out a nice product for the money.

That Panther album is very good. I own it on cd.

I have picked up tons of their re-releases during the last few years.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: 15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal   15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2020 5:38 pm

F it.
I had the Panther cassette many many moons ago.
I do think Soto is a tremendous singer.
In fact, I hated Malmsteen for not keeping him.
It went downhill for Malmsteen from there.
To me....Malmsteen became a showboat act - like a divorcee remarrying 3-4 times.
Soto could of brought Malmsteen to VH status.
But as we all know ....Malmsteen is a total egotist. Way worse that David Lee Roth.
Soto deserves praise - in the Metal archives - for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal   15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

15 Under-Appreciated Classics Of 80’s American Heavy Metal
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next