Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sabbath with Dio question

Go down 
+2
mikeinfla
Hadley
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

Sabbath with Dio question Empty
PostSubject: Sabbath with Dio question   Sabbath with Dio question Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 8:40 pm

Which Ozzy-era songs did Dio-era Sabbath perform in concert? The Live Evil album had NIB, Black Sabbath, War Pigs, Iron Man, Paranoid, and Children of the Grave, but is that it, or are there recordings of him doing more "deep cuts" like After Forever, Into the Void, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, or Hole in the Sky?
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Sabbath with Dio question   Sabbath with Dio question Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2020 11:36 am

I don't think Dio did very many but missing from the list is Sweet Leaf. Not sure if they ever recorded a live version of it but they did play it when Ronnie was on vocals.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Sabbath with Dio question   Sabbath with Dio question Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2020 1:36 pm

As a side note - I think Ian Gillian did a much better rendition of Sabbath / Ozzy songs than Dio.

Dio does sing NIB, on Live Evil, pretty damn, quality good though !
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Sabbath with Dio question   Sabbath with Dio question Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2020 2:04 pm

I would look at the set lists from whichever era you're interested in. There's a website full of them, can't think of what it is at the moment...
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Sabbath with Dio question   Sabbath with Dio question Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2020 2:39 pm

Ronnie was great with Sabbath but he sucked at the Ozzy songs
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6327

PostSubject: Re: Sabbath with Dio question   Sabbath with Dio question Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2020 2:45 pm

http://www.dio.net/tour/
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Sabbath with Dio question   Sabbath with Dio question Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2020 2:53 pm

Lari wrote:
http://www.dio.net/tour/

Well done sir! Straight from the Heaven and Hell '80-81 section:

Intro: Supertzar (taped)
War Pigs
Neon Knights
N.I.B.
Lonely Is The Word (mid 05.1980-06.1980)
Children Of The Sea (24.04.1980-mid 05.1980, 07.1980-02.02.1981)
Sweet Leaf
Drum Solo
Sweet Leaf
Lonely Is The Word (24.04.1980-mid 05.1980)
Children Of The Sea (mid 05.1980-06.1980)
Lady Evil (09.05.1980, 18.11.1980, 20.01.1981)
Black Sabbath
Heaven And Hell
Iron Man
Guitar Solo
Die Young
Paranoid (Encore)
Children Of The Grave (Encore, only at some concerts)

Lady Evil was played supposedly only once in the early part of the tour, on the third London show (there were four shows in row in London). In the end of the tour it was played again in London, but it might be so that it was played also at other shows in January and February, 1981. It was also played at least once on the Japan tour - Tokyo on November 11th, 1980.

Children Of The Grave was played as the second encore only at some of the concerts, if the audience yelled loud enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sabbath with Dio question   Sabbath with Dio question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sabbath with Dio question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: