Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is Threshold the most consistent band ever?

Go down 
+2
Lari
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Is Threshold the most consistent band ever? Empty
PostSubject: Is Threshold the most consistent band ever?   Is Threshold the most consistent band ever? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2019 5:57 pm

Screen capture from Rateyourmusic:

Is Threshold the most consistent band ever? Screenshot-20191223-005254

They are going through lineup changes and singers (and death!), but just keep putting out excellent albums. There is not a bad one in the bunch!

I think March of Progress is my favourite, btw, followed by Wounded Land. 

Who else has 10+ albums with each one of them being very good?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40544

PostSubject: Re: Is Threshold the most consistent band ever?   Is Threshold the most consistent band ever? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2019 6:23 pm

I've heard of them but never actually heard them. I'll have to check them out.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Is Threshold the most consistent band ever?   Is Threshold the most consistent band ever? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2019 8:49 pm

They are a pretty amazing band, that's for sure. I still need Legends of the Shire, but I have almost everything else.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Is Threshold the most consistent band ever?   Is Threshold the most consistent band ever? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2019 2:14 am

007 wrote:
I've heard of them but never actually heard them. I'll have to check them out.

Same here. Used to see their cds on the shelves but never bothered checking them out. Will do so.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Is Threshold the most consistent band ever?   Is Threshold the most consistent band ever? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2019 7:59 pm

I actually like the 90s stuff best and haven't checked out the last couple so I'll have to do that.
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Is Threshold the most consistent band ever?   Is Threshold the most consistent band ever? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2020 3:08 am

Coming out of a long period of lurking to comment on my favourite band...

I do think their consistency is remarkable, but so is their longevity given the constant turnover of musicians.  I suppose it helps that most of the departures seem to have been amicable, with people leaving to focus on other things, so it doesn't appear to be a case of a tyrannical band leader who's difficult to get along with.

What's probably also helped is that even though their debut was released in the early 90s, unlike most of the other prog metal bands who emerged at that time, they weren't trying to sound like Dream Theater. While they've got the chops, it does seem like there's always been more of a focus on crafting memorable songs than showing off musically, and that's given them their own identity rather than being just another clone, and may be what's kept people interested in them.

As for favourite albums, I would actually go with Legends of the Shires first, followed by Subsurface and then March of Progress.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Threshold the most consistent band ever?   Is Threshold the most consistent band ever? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is Threshold the most consistent band ever?
Page 1 of 1