Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?

Go down 
+14
Glower
corplhicks
stormspell
Thelemech
Short-Fuse
Shawn Of Fire
Lurideath
mc666
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Boris2008
choosemetal
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? Empty
PostSubject: So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?   So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 3:56 am

So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? Me and my friend were talking about how obviously the 80's material is great So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? 754598.
The 90's stuff I never got into but what about the new stuff??

Personally, it's very hit and miss. I liked "all hell's break loose" and then after that it's just a few song here and there. There newest album I picked up when I saw em live and It has some good songs and then some "OK" songs.

I think a turn off is the production and the very "clicky" drums for some reason that annoys me but that's another conversation. So what do you think? Do you guys love everything they've done or just stuff here and there??
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?   So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 6:10 am

Like most thrash, I never paid attention past the '80s.

My cousin saw them live a couple of years ago and said that they were awesome.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?   So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 9:41 am

Yes - to your original question. Same with Tankard and Sodom.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

PostSubject: Re: So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?   So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 9:43 am

I was never big on them in the first place... but for whatever it's worth, my brother was a huge fan of Destruction's 80s stuff, but he has no interest in their current activities.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?   So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 11:00 am

No
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?   So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 11:28 am

They are good, but not consistantly.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40551

PostSubject: Re: So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?   So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 11:40 am

I think so. I have more of their 90s and recent output material and think they're very good.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?   So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 12:26 pm

They are not consistent with releasing good albums. The last 2 have been kind of bland. When they came back with All Hell Breaks Loose and followed that with The Antichrist, I was FLOORED but since then its just been what it is.

The band members (especially Mike) are cooler than hell!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?   So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 3:13 pm

Destruction hasn't been that good since after Release from Agony.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?   So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 3:29 pm

The first Destruction I ever heard was 'The Antichrist'...it blew my mind. I need to dig into more of their stuff...I guess I should start from the beginning.

Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

Number of posts : 195

PostSubject: Re: So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?   So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 8:38 pm

Vastly overated. Violent Force, Accuser, Defender, Vendetta and A TON of other Teutonic Bands were better.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?   So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 9:19 pm

Love me some Destruction!!! They are titans of classic thrash IMHO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?   So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 9:55 pm

Short-Fuse wrote:
Vastly overated. Violent Force, Accuser, Defender, Vendetta and A TON of other Teutonic Bands were better.
Exumer! Protector! Deathrow! headbanger
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?   So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 2:22 am

I've seen them live several times in the past few years and they ripped it up every single time. New albums I don't know much about as I tend to stick to the 80s stuff. Overrated? Hardly! Sodom were overrated. 80s Destruction is monumental and my personal favorite among the German holy trinity.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?   So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 2:29 am

I'm weird. For me there is no such thing as a bad thrash band or bad thrash album. Destruction has always impressed me.
Back to top Go down
Short-Fuse
Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

Number of posts : 195

PostSubject: Re: So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?   So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 7:04 am

stormspell wrote:
I've seen them live several times in the past few years and they ripped it up every single time. New albums I don't know much about as I tend to stick to the 80s stuff. Overrated? Hardly! Sodom were overrated. 80s Destruction is monumental and my personal favorite among the German holy trinity.
Sodom is probably the best ,just ahead of Living Death and Kreator.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?   So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 7:09 am

I have seen their lp covers, through out the years - but never bought any CD -
One lp cover - wow - they sure look unreal - just standing there - cool and bad -
What's their 'thee best' CD - and how many CD's do they actually have out ?
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?   So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 8:20 am

stormspell wrote:
Overrated? Hardly! Sodom were overrated. 80s Destruction is monumental and my personal favorite among the German holy trinity.

I tend to agree with this, although I still really like Sodom and rank Kreator as the best of the three, Destruction's influence is all over that scene with a lot of the second wave bands (not to mention the early black metal scene) that may or may not be better. I personally think that they are underrated nowadays.

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?   So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 8:41 am

Glower wrote:
I have seen their lp covers, through out the years - but never bought any CD -
One lp cover - wow - they sure look unreal - just standing there - cool and bad -
What's their 'thee best' CD - and how many CD's do they actually  have out ?

Discography

Studio albums
Infernal Overkill (1985)
Eternal Devastation (1986)
Release from Agony (1988)
Cracked Brain (1990)
The Least Successful Human Cannonball (1998)
All Hell Breaks Loose (2000)
The Antichrist (2001)
Metal Discharge (2003)
Inventor of Evil (2005)
D.E.V.O.L.U.T.I.O.N. (2008)
Day of Reckoning (2011)
Spiritual Genocide (2012)

EPs
Sentence of Death (1984)
Mad Butcher (1987)
Destruction (1994)
Them Not Me (1995)

Live albums
Live Without Sense (1988/1989)
Alive Devastation (2002)
The Curse of the Antichrist: Live in Agony (2009)
Compilations
Thrash Anthems (2007)

DVDs
Alive Devastation (2002)
Live Discharge (2004)
A Savage Symphony - The History of Annihilation (2010)

Demos
Bestial Invasion of Hell (1984)
The Butcher Strikes Back (1999)
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?   So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 12:32 pm

Short-Fuse wrote:

Accu§er! YES!

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?   So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 1:30 pm

a band I still need to get into. I was about to, but ended up getting into accuser first.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?   So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 1:36 pm

Infernal Overkill was my favorite when I was a teenager, Eternal Devastation following close behind. They were fun, they were also quite sloppy from a technical perspective on their early albums, but that seems to just add to the fun factor. Destruction, Kreator and Sodom were my favorite German thrash bands at the time, tied about equally.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?   So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 5:48 pm

Never could get into these guys, and I definitely don't find them to be in any way consistent. Like most other thrash metal bands, you can't go wrong with their first 4 releases. As for modern Destruction, "The Antichrist," and "Day of Reckoning" are the only 2 albums worth a damn.

Oh, be sure to check out "Release from Agony." Schmier does his best impressions of Cow from "Cow and Chicken."
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?   So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 5:53 pm

I think they should have done more albums with Poltergeist guy.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?   So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 6:56 pm

I'm with Dakota. "Cracked Brain" is incredible. One of the most underrated thrash releases.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?   So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next