Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Priest to "dig deep" on 50th anniversary tour

Go down 
+2
nevermore
Lari
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Priest to "dig deep" on 50th anniversary tour Empty
PostSubject: Priest to "dig deep" on 50th anniversary tour   Priest to "dig deep" on 50th anniversary tour Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 12:16 pm

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/judas-priests-rob-halford-promises-some-really-big-surprises-for-50th-anniversary-tour/

birthday

JUDAS PRIEST singer Rob Halford spoke to Rolling Stone about the band's plans for a 50th-anniversary tour, which is expected to launch next spring/summer.

"I've been feverishly working over the last few weeks and months with our stage designers to make something very, very special," he said. "We're gonna go deep, deep, deep into the catalogue and try to find songs that we've never played before and wrap it up into the history of PRIEST and the 50th anniversary. The official PRIEST 50th spectacular starts next year. So it's gonna be a great show. We've got some really big surprises and it's gonna be a wonderful celebration of PRIEST and British heavy metal."

NEVER before?!  humble
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Priest to "dig deep" on 50th anniversary tour   Priest to "dig deep" on 50th anniversary tour Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 2:30 pm

headbanger headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Priest to "dig deep" on 50th anniversary tour   Priest to "dig deep" on 50th anniversary tour Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 3:34 pm

They've been playing some awesome sets lately - when I saw them in Copenhagen last summer, they played Never Satisfied and Saints in Hell, two personal favourites of mine headbanger
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Priest to "dig deep" on 50th anniversary tour   Priest to "dig deep" on 50th anniversary tour Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 3:35 pm

Priest to "dig deep" on 50th anniversary tour FatherlyFavoriteBoto-max-1mb
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Priest to "dig deep" on 50th anniversary tour   Priest to "dig deep" on 50th anniversary tour Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 3:48 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:

They've been playing some awesome sets lately - when I saw them in Copenhagen last summer, they played Never Satisfied and Saints in Hell, two personal favourites of mine headbanger
Wow cool

Though I cannot imagine 2019 Rob being able to do justice to Saints in Hell. Like, at all.

Stained Class is probably my favourite Priest album. It's so ...genius, and captivating and insane. Savage is just musical perfection, and it's quite a simple song. Musically I don't think the band ever touched this album, though they've done better sounding records. But a lot of the later ones had a commercial side to them. Stained Class was too 'true' for the record company, they had to include a cover song as the single. A decision that did result in another terrific song/version, but infamy as well.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Priest to "dig deep" on 50th anniversary tour   Priest to "dig deep" on 50th anniversary tour Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 4:11 pm

Lari wrote:

Though I cannot imagine 2019 Rob being able to do justice to Saints in Hell. Like, at all.

It's downtuned, but still sounds great:

I thought the last tour's setlist was full of deep cuts; can't wait to see what they come up with next!

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Priest to "dig deep" on 50th anniversary tour   Priest to "dig deep" on 50th anniversary tour Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 7:16 pm

It's crazy he's still going like this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Priest to "dig deep" on 50th anniversary tour   Priest to "dig deep" on 50th anniversary tour Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Priest to "dig deep" on 50th anniversary tour
Page 1 of 1