Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Monkees - New album for 50th Anniversary

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

The Monkees - New album for 50th Anniversary  Empty
PostSubject: The Monkees - New album for 50th Anniversary    The Monkees - New album for 50th Anniversary  Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:11 am

I have always been a fan of The Monkees. Don't listen to them very much anymore but when I do, I enjoy their songs. Probably one of the first "groups" I was exposed to as a kid. I loved the show when it was on re-runs in the 70's. They have an album of all new material coming out. Mike, Peter and Micky all sing lead and play on the new tracks. It will also feature a vocal track from Davy. The first single was written by Rivers Cuomo from Weezer. So far two songs have been released and they both sound like they are from the 60's. If you like The Monkees you will probably enjoy the new album.

Last edited by mikeinfla on Wed May 11, 2016 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Monkees - New album for 50th Anniversary    The Monkees - New album for 50th Anniversary  Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 10:32 am

I'm not hankerin' for any new Monkees albums. Their 2 disc anthology suits me just fine. However I do like that new single. Very catchy and Monkee-like. Good job by Rivers.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Monkees - New album for 50th Anniversary    The Monkees - New album for 50th Anniversary  Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 11:31 am

I like the Monkees, I may grab this disc at some point, their last reunion album 'Justus' was a bit of a disappointment but may have to give that disc a fresh spin
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: The Monkees - New album for 50th Anniversary    The Monkees - New album for 50th Anniversary  Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 1:35 pm

manny wrote:
I like the Monkees, I may grab this disc at some point, their last reunion album 'Justus' was a bit of a disappointment but may have to give that disc a fresh spin

Yeah, I bought it when it was new and when I heard a new one was coming out I dug around for Justus and could not find it so I must've traded it off at some point. I also remember it not being very good. Circle Sky was great but it was a cover of one of their earlier songs. There really wasn't anything memorable on it but if I still had it I would give it a spin. Oh well. The new one is supposed to sound classic because they used outside writers including Boyce & Hart and a track or two by Nez. I went ahead and preordered it on Amazon, it's only 10 bucks. Would've preordered the vinyl as it is only 19.98 but it has been pushed back for an August release so I figured i would just get the CD.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: The Monkees - New album for 50th Anniversary    The Monkees - New album for 50th Anniversary  Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 1:41 pm

I always liked the Monkees but I don't think this is something I'd ever buy (catchy tune ,though). I have too many things on the want list to consider buying something on the outer fringes of my listening habits.

My wife would probably dig it though.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: The Monkees - New album for 50th Anniversary    The Monkees - New album for 50th Anniversary  Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 5:56 pm

I saw Day Dream Believers DVD - 90 minutes - on EBay.
Caught my eye. It was a strange story they had.
Hendrix opened up for them in concert ...imagine !
And the show...Beatles comparison...TV...etc
Anyone watch that yet ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Monkees - New album for 50th Anniversary    The Monkees - New album for 50th Anniversary  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Monkees - New album for 50th Anniversary
Page 1 of 1