Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Martyr's Shrine

Go down 
+6
Troublezone
scottmitchell74
T-Roy
AchrisK
mc666
ultmetal
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

Martyr's Shrine - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martyr's Shrine   Martyr's Shrine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 3:36 pm

I like what I hear on the myspace site. I might order this.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Martyr's Shrine   Martyr's Shrine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 7:34 am

ultmetal wrote:
OK. I've given this several spins over the past couple weeks. I disagree that this is the direction Mortification should have went. Frankly I think that Morty have far more personality than is heard here.

For the most part I find the songs on Martyrs Shrine to be overly long and lacking much to hold my interest. There isn't a guitar solo to be heard on the entire disc that I can remember. The riffs and the songwriting are simple, although this isn't necessarily a bad thing. The vocals sound like they have been electronically enhanced; perhaps a pitch shifter or something. I can't quite pick it out.

What's everyone else's thoughts?

The thing about Mick Carlisle is he isn't a guitar solo player he rarely ever played leads with the exeption of a few simple ones here and there.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Martyr's Shrine   Martyr's Shrine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 8:20 am

troublezone wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
OK. I've given this several spins over the past couple weeks. I disagree that this is the direction Mortification should have went. Frankly I think that Morty have far more personality than is heard here.

For the most part I find the songs on Martyrs Shrine to be overly long and lacking much to hold my interest. There isn't a guitar solo to be heard on the entire disc that I can remember. The riffs and the songwriting are simple, although this isn't necessarily a bad thing. The vocals sound like they have been electronically enhanced; perhaps a pitch shifter or something. I can't quite pick it out.

What's everyone else's thoughts?

The thing about Mick Carlisle is he isn't a guitar solo player he rarely ever played leads with the exeption of a few simple ones here and there.

OK, then shorten the songs, or get a lead player, or something. There just isn't enough going on to keep the songs interesting for eight minutes, in my opinion.

PostSubject: Re: Martyr's Shrine   Martyr's Shrine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 9:10 am

The price for a typical metal CD in a shop here (Australia) is about $28-$30. Thats why US mailorders have probably found an increase in Australian customers.

The US dollar is to blame.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Martyr's Shrine   Martyr's Shrine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 4:49 pm

ArmouredAngel wrote:
The price for a typical metal CD in a shop here (Australia) is about $28-$30. Thats why US mailorders have probably found an increase in Australian customers.

The US dollar is to blame.

Is there any used cd stores in Australia? That might be the way to go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martyr's Shrine   Martyr's Shrine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 9:41 pm

Martyr's Shrine - Page 2 83628

I just ordered this with some of my eBay spoils. I'm looking forward to hearing it. If mc666 gives it a thumbs up, it can't be half bad. Smile
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Martyr's Shrine   Martyr's Shrine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 9:22 am

I like this one a lot. It's one of the few Death Metal albums I find to be a keeper.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Martyr's Shrine   Martyr's Shrine - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Martyr's Shrine
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2