Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Martyr's Shrine

Go down 
+6
Troublezone
scottmitchell74
T-Roy
AchrisK
mc666
ultmetal
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Martyr's Shrine Empty
PostSubject: Martyr's Shrine   Martyr's Shrine Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 10:04 am

Quote :
MARTYS SHRINE
Mick Carlisle and Mike Forsberg (both ex Mortification
& Cybergrind) have just released their debut album with their new
band "Martyrs Shrine" - available worldwide from their myspace site http://www.myspace.com/martyrsshrine
to purchase via paypal/Visa/Mastercard.

The lads have gone back to their roots and recorded an oldschool
Death/Thrash album with a modern production. There are now less than
500 copies worldwide, get one while you can!

Album $20.00 AUD, Postage $10.00AUD (international - airmail or $6 by seamail), $5.00AUD (Australia only)

Song titles:
1. The Final Devastation of the Terrorthrone
2. For A Burning Eternity
3. Butchered Planet
4. Amongst The Putrid
5. Valley Of Darkness
6. Martyr Shrine
7. Superstition
8. Apparition

Martyr's Shrine Albumflyersmallgk7

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Martyr's Shrine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martyr's Shrine   Martyr's Shrine Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 10:09 am

this sounds right up my alley. the tracks on their myspace page sound killer. guess i need to pick this one up.

they don't really sound like Napalm Death though as their influences state.. sounds more like Incantation. 🤘

AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

Martyr's Shrine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martyr's Shrine   Martyr's Shrine Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 2:14 pm

That's exFREAKINspensive!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Martyr's Shrine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martyr's Shrine   Martyr's Shrine Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 2:16 pm

Dang, i need to get this.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Martyr's Shrine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martyr's Shrine   Martyr's Shrine Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 2:33 pm

Someone needs to tell them to make it available for MP3 download, since the CD itself is so limited.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Martyr's Shrine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martyr's Shrine   Martyr's Shrine Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 2:59 pm

This sounds great...however, the $$$ is a problem! And, the statement "available in most good record stores" must be simply an attempt at humour since they have only 500 copies.....
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

Martyr's Shrine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martyr's Shrine   Martyr's Shrine Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 3:01 pm

Why does everything from Australia have to be so expensive? Or is it just Australian "Christian metal"? Rowe was always charging a huge amount for stuff. And the shipping is outrageous. It can't cost that much to ship from there. I think it is more than some other places, but not that much.
Back to top Go down

Martyr's Shrine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martyr's Shrine   Martyr's Shrine Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 3:05 pm

AchrisK wrote:
Why does everything from Australia have to be so expensive?
Everything is shipped via kangaroo. And the Kangaroo Union is a b!tch.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Martyr's Shrine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martyr's Shrine   Martyr's Shrine Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 3:21 pm

This is what Mortification should be doing! Sounds good and the lyrics are constructed well. Maybe the price of the cd is pricey because there are only 500 units made and they need to either finance their next release or pay for the studio time they put into this record. I need to get this and it's good to see Mick back in the game.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Martyr's Shrine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martyr's Shrine   Martyr's Shrine Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 12:30 am

troublezone wrote:
This is what Mortification should be doing! Sounds good and the lyrics are constructed well. Maybe the price of the cd is pricey because there are only 500 units made and they need to either finance their next release or pay for the studio time they put into this record. I need to get this and it's good to see Mick back in the game.

i agree.. i just bought it. if the entire cd is as good as what is sampled on their myspace page, it's money well spent.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Martyr's Shrine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martyr's Shrine   Martyr's Shrine Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 1:39 am

I do hear a hint of Barney Greenway in the voice.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Martyr's Shrine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martyr's Shrine   Martyr's Shrine Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 11:58 am

AchrisK wrote:
Why does everything from Australia have to be so expensive? Or is it just Australian "Christian metal"? Rowe was always charging a huge amount for stuff. And the shipping is outrageous. It can't cost that much to ship from there. I think it is more than some other places, but not that much.

It's not expenisve for the rest of the civilized world. It's only that CD's are so darn cheap in the US.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Martyr's Shrine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martyr's Shrine   Martyr's Shrine Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 12:00 pm

The music was really cool, bu the vocals sounded like a constapated (sp?) frog!!

Master Sailboat
mc666

Martyr's Shrine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martyr's Shrine   Martyr's Shrine Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 12:31 pm

kmorg wrote:
The music was really cool, bu the vocals sounded like a constapated (sp?) frog!!
i can only wonder how you know what a constipated frog sounds like. scratch

Martyr's Shrine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martyr's Shrine   Martyr's Shrine Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 12:44 pm

That stuff is KILLLLER!!!

I think I'm gonna have to fork out the dough for this one.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Martyr's Shrine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martyr's Shrine   Martyr's Shrine Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 12:45 pm

So Kmorg, are you saying we are spoiled? Very Happy I guess it's a trade off because you guys have access (it seems to me) to so many more great concerts and festivals.

I may still have to splurge on this one, but I have so many more to get and for the price and shipping of this one I can get 3-4 CDs I want right here....
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Martyr's Shrine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martyr's Shrine   Martyr's Shrine Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 12:47 pm

mc666 wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Not sure why but I found that response incredibly funny! I started laughing and everyone at work is looking at me like, "what's up?" Laughing very hard

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Martyr's Shrine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martyr's Shrine   Martyr's Shrine Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 6:08 pm

ultmetal wrote:
mc666 wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Not sure why but I found that response incredibly funny! I started laughing and everyone at work is looking at me like, "what's up?" Laughing very hard

Mission accomplished!

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Martyr's Shrine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martyr's Shrine   Martyr's Shrine Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 8:54 pm

kmorg wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
mc666 wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Mission accomplished!

Are you sure you weren't being serious? insane
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Martyr's Shrine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martyr's Shrine   Martyr's Shrine Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 6:55 am

mc666 wrote:
troublezone wrote:

i agree.. i just bought it. if the entire cd is as good as what is sampled on their myspace page, it's money well spent.

I just ordered the cd right now. How long did it take to get it and was it what you were hoping for?
Back to top Go down
Vordul
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

Number of posts : 322

Martyr's Shrine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martyr's Shrine   Martyr's Shrine Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 10:10 am

just ordered very happy
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Martyr's Shrine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martyr's Shrine   Martyr's Shrine Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 10:43 am

Vordul wrote:
just ordered very happy
you'll enjoy it. it's very well done.

shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

Martyr's Shrine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martyr's Shrine   Martyr's Shrine Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 10:36 pm

Just started listening to it. Sounds very cool. It's great to see Michael Carlisle recording some music again. Always enjoyed his Mortification-penned tunes. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

Martyr's Shrine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martyr's Shrine   Martyr's Shrine Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 10:38 pm

Oh by the way, although a bit pricey, it sounds great, the guys signed my copy, and it came pretty quickly, considering it came from Australia.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Martyr's Shrine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martyr's Shrine   Martyr's Shrine Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:20 pm

OK. I've given this several spins over the past couple weeks. I disagree that this is the direction Mortification should have went. Frankly I think that Morty have far more personality than is heard here.

For the most part I find the songs on Martyrs Shrine to be overly long and lacking much to hold my interest. There isn't a guitar solo to be heard on the entire disc that I can remember. The riffs and the songwriting are simple, although this isn't necessarily a bad thing. The vocals sound like they have been electronically enhanced; perhaps a pitch shifter or something. I can't quite pick it out.

What's everyone else's thoughts?

Last edited by ultmetal on Wed May 14, 2008 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Martyr's Shrine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martyr's Shrine   Martyr's Shrine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Martyr's Shrine
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next