Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album Empty
PostSubject: The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album   The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 5:44 pm

The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album Blind-guardian-twilight-orchestra-legacy-of-the-dark-lands

https://www.nuclearblast.de/en/label/music/band/news/details/6032865.71036.blind-guardian-039-s-twilight-orchestra-news.html

20 years in the making, it promises to be the most epic thing of 2019. 

Release date November 1st, preorders start tomorrow. From what I understand, it's an actual symphonic album. Not a mix of metal and orchestra. There is no metal. It is not a metal album. But I could be wrong. Not much in that sample.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album   The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 10:45 pm

I'm very curious about this one.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album   The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 8:16 am

1st trailer is out.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album   The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2019 5:58 pm

Since this thread hasn't generated much discussion, why don't we keep up the BG hype by ranking our favourite Blind Guardian albums to date. 

Me first.

1. Imaginations
2. Nightfall

Top tier, 5/5, among the best heavy metal CDs ever released.

3. Tales from the Twilight World
4. Somewhere Far Beyond

The albums just before the band became huge in Europe. Great songs throughout. Power metal with trademark BG details. A lot of my favourites are featured here.

5. A Twist in the Myth
6. Beyond the Red Mirror

The best of the later period albums. Especially "Myth" has a nice mix of aggressive and operetic songs. "Prophecies" is a great track on the Red Mirror album.

7. Battalions of Fear
8. Follow the Blind

Early speed metal period. Great tracks on both, a little thin production, but just beats everything they've ever done on pure aggression and emotion. Of the two I definitely always pick the debut first, though I do love the song "Banish from Sanctuary" a lot.

9. At the Edge of Time

I've learned to like a lot of these tracks, like Curse My Name, Voice in the Dark and Wheel of Time, but it's still not a worthy BG record. Too bombastic. Similar to #10 on the list.

10. A Night at the Opera

Probably their most epic, and also most jarring. The layered vocals take away so much of the energy.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album   The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2019 7:17 pm

Somewhere Far Beyond
Imaginations
Nightfall-with all the interludes taken out
Perfect albums imo.

Tales From the Twilight World
A Twist in the Myth
Not as perfect but still excellent albums.

ANATO
Beyond the Red Mirror
Different albums but both good in their own way. Carry the Blessed Home is epic.

The rest are in the same place, listenable but not stand outs.

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album   The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2019 1:47 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
 Nightfall-with all the interludes taken out
The new album will have a version without the interludes, as a bonus disc.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album   The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2019 9:41 am

1 - NIME - the best heavy metal CD ever released. (tied with Timeless Miracle's Into the Enchanted Chamber

2 - Imaginations - Very, very good.

3 - A Night at the Opera - I love the layering and depth.

4 - At the Edge of Time

5/6 - Somewhere and Tales (hard to separate these)

7 - A Twist in the Myth

8 - Beyond the Red Mirror

9 - Follow the Blind

10 - Battalions of Fear

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album   The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2019 10:14 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:

1 - NIME - the best heavy metal CD ever released. (tied with Timeless Miracle's Into the Enchanted Chamber
That has been on my want list for so long. But no luck finding it at a decent price.

Those first two BG albums are great. Not sure why they are last on your list. Some of their best material is there like Majesty, Hall of the King and Banish from Sanctuary.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album   The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2019 10:27 am

Something has to be last. lol!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album   The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2019 11:53 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Something has to be last. lol!

Correct. Like saying sprinkle cake donut is my 10th favorite or Jennifer Garner is the 10th hottest...

All BG is good.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album   The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2019 10:15 am

Finally we get something tangible - A NEW SONG!

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album   The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2019 6:51 pm

I think that would be cool live but I'm not sure I'd listen to it more then once or twice if I bought it.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album   The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2019 3:03 pm

New song, and the album is out this Friday already!

“Twilight Orchestra: Legacy of the Dark Lands”

Track-listing:

1. 1618 Ouverture
2. The Gathering
3. War Feeds War
4. Comets and Prophecies
5. Dark Cloud’s Rising
6. The Ritual
7. In the Underworld
8. A Secret Society
9. The Great Ordeal
10. Bez
11. In the Red Dwarf’s Tower
12. Into the Battle
13. Treason
14. Between the Realms
15. Point of No Return
16. The White Horseman
17. Nephilim
18. Trial and Coronation
19. Harvester of Souls
20. Conquest Is Over
21. This Storm
22. The Great Assault
23. Beyond the Wall
24. A New Beginning
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album   The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2019 3:05 pm

Review (9.0 EXCELLENT)

https://www.sonicperspectives.com/album-reviews/blind-guardian-twilight-orchestra-legacy-of-the-dark-lands/

“This Storm,” “Point of No Return,” “In the Red Dwarf’s Tower” are all timeless Blind Guardian classics as if converted to a cinematic score by Howard Shore.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album   The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2019 6:37 pm

I will have to listen a couple times before spending the money.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album   The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2019 10:34 pm

I love their early speed metal years. Lost all interest once they moved into epic territory. Don't think i will be picking this one up.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album   The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2019 8:35 am

Gilbert wrote:
I love their early speed metal years. Lost all interest once they moved into epic territory. Don't think i will be picking this one up.
I love all of their stuff, my favourite period being from Twilight World to Nightfall. But everything they do is still damn good.

So, anybody got this? I don't have a copy yet. Was hoping to get it for Finnish Father's Day, but no luck. My wife just came back from town, I should have told her to pick up a copy. I see a couple of stores have it in stock.

I'm thinking it's not going to be a "hit" among metal fans, but I still want to approach it with an open mind.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album   The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2019 4:19 pm

I like Blind Guardian but I won't be getting this.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album   The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2019 10:27 am

I finally got my copy. Mailmen are on strike in Finland, so I got my wife to pick up a copy on her way home.

The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album IMG-20191123-172256
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album   The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2019 6:02 pm

it indeed is a 100% symphony, 0% metal, release.

Hansi's voice sounds as powerful as ever, the narration is great (throwback to Nightfall in Middle-Earth), and the orchestration sounds professionally and well done.

But as a fan of heavy metal, you really, really, have to be in the mood to even try this. This release absolutely is for hardcore Blind Guardian fans only.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album   The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2019 7:39 pm

I've listened to some on YT and like you said, it's really well done. Just not something I want to own.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album   The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2019 3:58 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album   The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Blind Guardian Orchestral Album
Page 1 of 1