Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL

Go down 
+4
tohostudios
martinsane
Fat Freddy
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL   The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 3:48 am

'Ol Donner shot this show too?? I always learn about some old TV show under his watch. Dude is sheer talent. He has no signature style yet his work has so much life. He simply knows how to make a damn good movie.

tohostudios wrote:
Oh c'mon, I'm this board's biggest proponent of "Meet The Feebles" (ask scottmitchell) so you know this appeals to me.

We really really really need a MtF sequel. Not a reboot. A sequel.

Dammit, Toho, Imma get baked Friday night and watch Meet the Feebles. Good call.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL   The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 7:26 am

I've always wondered if the studio suits who gave Peter Jackson half a billion dollars to make the LOTR trilogy had ever seen "Feebles." Somehow I doubt it. I can't imagine them watching that and then saying "Oh yeah, this is the PERFECT guy to direct our epic franchise!" Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL   The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 8:54 am

I love the song and dance number of "I Got One Leg Missing"

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL   The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 3:24 pm

^^A classic! I am so stoked for tomorrow night haha.

I wonder the same thing about Jackson. His early efforts were exceptionally creative and seeping with irreverent, black humor. None of them screamed "Studio Blockbuster," or "Complex Epics." But here we are.

And it's like his sense of humor fucking vanished. LoTR was way too serious and stoic for its own good.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL   The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 4:20 pm

All the songs in that movie are insanely catchy.

Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL   The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 9:31 pm

Peters early wares are excellent. Bad Taste~check. Dead Alive~check. Heavenly Creatures~check. Of course Meet the Feebles~check.

I can see how he transitioned. Very talented.

For you fans of Feebles has anyone seen Let My Puppets Come?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL   The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 9:37 pm

martinsane wrote:
Peters early wares are excellent. Bad Taste~check. Dead Alive~check. Heavenly Creatures~check. Of course Meet the Feebles~check.

I can see how he transitioned. Very talented.

lol!

OMG, nope.  Off to Google.

EDIT: One review says "Prefigures Peter Jackson's Meet the Feebles, but that film was creative, outrageous, and funny as heck; this one is just awful."

Not exactly a ringing endorsement but still something the twisted side of me wants to at least see once.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL   The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 10:01 pm

martinsane wrote:

I've heard of it but never seen it. There's a few odds n ends from it on YouTube but obviously none of the hardcore bits.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL   The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2019 2:38 am

Yes and Meet The Feebles it aint but as mentioned by Toho worthy of a watch for those of the mindset.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL   The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2019 12:12 pm

The Banana Splits Movie came out on DVD this week... anybody seen it yet? I haven't, but I am keeping an eye out for it at the RedBox machine around the corner from my house...

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL   The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2019 7:09 pm

I completely forgot about this. Just ordered the DVD via Prime.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL   The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2019 10:08 pm

The Cardinals game was postponed tonight so I decided to watch my copy of this which came this afternoon.

In a nutshell, big mistake; I would have had more fun watching my grass grow in all the rain. This is a classic example of a good idea gone completely wrong in the execution.

Basically The Splits are animatronic robots run amok. And it doesn't even get gory until the last 15-20 minutes.

To quote many Fat Freddy reviews: AVOID!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL   The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2019 7:35 am

^^ Well, dang. That's disappointing.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39184

PostSubject: Re: The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL   The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2019 10:48 am

I am not shocked in the slightest. Thanks from the warning.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL   The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 12:52 pm

This flick STILL hasn't turned up in either of the RedBoxes near my house. In spite of Toho's warning to steer clear, I still wanna see it!

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL   The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 8:07 pm

Of course!

I thought I was a movie masochist until I ran into you. I can't hold a candle to your movie self-abuse.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17044

PostSubject: Re: The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL   The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 11:20 pm

They’re gonna put the “split” in Banana Split. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17044

PostSubject: Re: The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL   The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 11:22 pm

I’d like to see a dark version of Fraggle Rock.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL   The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2019 10:48 am

The Onion's A.V. Club gave "Banana Splits" a very thorough thumbs down review in their "Home Video Hell" column:

https://film.avclub.com/the-banana-splits-movie-what-happens-when-you-can-t-ge-1838418948

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL   The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2019 9:23 pm

My 12 year old and I snagged this movie from Redbox today ... see the "Today I watched" thread for my take...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL   The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Banana Splits are back... but this time they're EVIL
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2